PDA

View Full Version : Survey - What is your guild experience?

Krashtork
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I am writing this because I have always been curious as to what guild experiences we have in this community. Please fill out the survey!

Guild experience survey!

How many guilds have you been a part of?
What faction do you play primarly? Why?
In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
Why did you chose to join your current guild?
What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
What is your guild doing to prepare for it?

klor
10-06-2008, 08:53 AM
* How many guilds have you been a part of?
Over 15

* What faction do you play primarly? Why?
Horde. I like the character models and the atmosphere more than Alliance.

* In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
More than one of them

* What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
Guildless

* Why did you chose to join your current guild?
I didnt choose to be guildless so much as the last few guilds I have been in have died/merged...I merged with them, didnt really like what I got into, and left...this time causing me to really not have the urge to play the game anymore.

* What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
Cleared BT and Kalecgoes. Guild merged after 2 weeks of poor attempts on Brutallus

* What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
We used officer loot/best upgrade. I loved it far more than DKSuck

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?
Meh. I doubt I'll be playing WotLK

What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Nothing at all.

* What is your guild doing to prepare for it?
Doesnt apply :)

Krashtork
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Four.

Horde because my friends played Horde. Plus Gnomes are ugly.

I have been officer and raid leader in my previous two guilds.

<Vilified> I am a standard member.

Because they have solid progression, good leadership, and I was friends with their MT.

Gorefiend in BT.

We are using a tiered roll system. We're not satisfied with it and are changing things around to suit our needs better.

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
I am really excited. I think WoW is about to become a LOT more fun for tanks. I am mostly just grinding gold and leveling proffessions. I also plan on grinding some rep while I still can.

We are taking a break from raiding until the 3.0 patch to let our raiders rest a bit. Beyond that we are selling off some of the items in our guild bank and working on a new loot system.

mero12513
10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Guild experience survey!

3. My first guild was terrible. It was run by a Marine, his wife, and his mother-in-law. My second was my own guild (a group of like 5 friends). The third is a real guild.

Horde. Orcs are awesome, and I hate short people.

I was GM of my second guild, but that barely counts. I am officer/class leader/and a frequent raid leader in my current guild.

Presence of Gurubashi. There's a weird mark on one of the e's and I don't know the alt code. See above for my position.

I was specifically recruited after tanking heroics PuGs with an officer of the guild. They needed tanks, and I was good. I brought myself (current #1 tank), my pally tank friend (Current #1 pally tank) and my pocket priest friend (current #2 healer behind the Co-GM and healing officer).

Teron Gorefiend. 2/5 MH, 4/9 BT

We use a loot council that distributes loot based on reliability, performance, and when you last got loot. It has worked well enough, but I would be happier with a more math-based system (EPGP or something similar).

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?

We're excited for 10-man raiding. We'll probably have 25-mans 2 nights a week, and have a 10-man officer/class leader group 2 other nights one tier ahead of the rest of the guild: to learn fights and because the officers/class leaders are simply better and more reliable.

I, personally, have taken 2 days vacation and will probably play for the majority of my 96-hour weekend doing instances from 70 to 80. (Instance grinding because it is both useful and because there will be about 50,000 people levelling with quests).

The guild is stockpiling gold and forming small 5-man sub-groups for instance grinding. The officers are helping members find levelling and profession guides, as well as instance information for instance grinding.

Satrina
10-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Three in WoW

I only play alliance because horde smells.

All of them.

Clowns on Fire. I am the officer in charge of loot/DKP and complaints. I tend to handle tank recruiting when we need to.

We came up with the idea for CoF during a really terrible Nefarian fight near the end of vanilla WoW.

We're working on Brutallus right now.

We use an open ended DKP system right now. It doesn't quite serve all our needs, so we'll be moving to EPGP for WLK.

I'm looking forward to the warrior changes. There's a lot of simplification going on - for the most part it seems to be in a good direction. I'm busy doing warrior threat testing and writing addon code like crazy.

- Recruiting to make sure our roster is solid through the transition
- Getting policy and procedure changes ready to roll (e.g. DKP system, main changes/deathknights, etc.)
- Trying to get as many people their missing T6 gear as possible to help in levelling to 80

Krashtork
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks for the responses!

Oh and Satrina, I would love to see what you come up with for an EPGP system and tracking method. My guild is currently discussing changing loot systems right now and EPGP has been thrown on the table.

Makhno
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Two. One was a guild composed of my RL friends, the second was a larger guild, consisting of great people we'd met in-game and got along with, who basically one day said "Hey you guys should all join us!" and so we did.

Strictly Alliance, simply because my friends started WoW as Alliance, I only really play with my RL friends, and have zero cause to play as Horde.
Yes, yes, and no. I hate social leadership positions, but am forced into officer/RL positions just due to being an MT, understanding game mechanics/encounters better than everyone else, and no one else willing to lead anything.
Pirates of Janeiro! I'm an officer.
See above. Met the Pirates early on, one day during a raid their guild leader said "Hey guys, join us!" and we did.
5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 2/5 Hyjal (with a non-guild raid).
Guild doesn't raid, but my raid group uses DKP. I am quite happy with it.
Quite possibly the most exciting thing to happen to WoW. Sounds awesome from every angle.

Taking a break from WoW to avoid burnout and build excitement.
Same as me.

Sascaroth
10-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Guild experience survey!

Barthilas: 4
Dreadmaul: 1
Ursin: 3

Horde because my RL friend got me in to wow and he plays Horde..

On my current guild i'm an Officer, Warrior class leader and the MT also Raid leader when i want to lead a raid, I don't let anyone assign tanks or pulls because as MT it's my job.

The Drama Ward (Read above)

I didn't i was guildless for a while scouting for a guild to raid with and my current gm comes near me inspects me and asks me to join and tells me they would be hitting SSC/TK with in 2 weeks so i decided to give them a try.

Not worth mentioning :(

DKP and yes

Taking a break from wow so i come back fresh and ready to instance grind

Read above

Bogota
10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Guild experience survey!

I've belonged to 4 guilds.
I play alliance. I randomly picked alliance in '05 and just never had time to level up toons on the horde side.
Officer
Council of the Dedicated, Officer
I choose this guild because of the fair and open system for picking raiders for casual players.
Battle for Mount Hyjal: Winterchill
DKP, yes
I'm excited for the ex-pac. I'm working so much right now I haven't had time to play much.
We have an open discussion on our forums asking guild members what raid rules they'd like to see used in Wrath. Also we continue raiding as much as possible (we are down to once per week) and recruiting via the Realm forums.

Maros_vek
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
5 (only 2 for any length of time, though)

Alliance. Just got started there, and it stuck.

GM on an alt in one of the off guilds, little used.. My main I've run 10 man raids, but no other leadership postions.

DeadMine Champions (member)

After being with prior guild for several months, ran a few raids with DMC, and found that they actually were able to have FUN running raids, while prior guild saw them as a job. DMC maintains disipline without taking the fun out of the run.

TTK (1/4), SSC (0/6, 2 tries) Plateau trash runs only. Guild is mostly a bit higher.

Roll on need for epics for main set only. If noone needs for main set, then roll for off set. Only one epic (roll) per run to any single toon, unless noone else can use it. Everything else is held by raidleader to be DE'd unless specifically asked for by someone. DE's passed out after raid by roll. Very happy with it.

While eager to try it out, still progressing on BC, so am trying to build cash and equipment to be ready in time.

See above, with a secondary recruiting effort to build a better raiding group, but only looking for qualified raiders.

Marrick
10-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Guild experience survey!

Horde. Mostly because it's where I started.
Yes.
<Warcraft Dervish> Guild Leader
It was formed by the members of a counter-strike community I was an admin of.
1/6 SSC, 3/4 TK
We use Suicide Kings Geo, and I've been extremely happy with it (some in game addon issues aside).
I'm very excited. My guild had trouble initially getting into "serious" raid content due to attendance issues. We had 15 solid people who would make 90% of raids, but the turnover/reliability of the last 10 slots was horrible. The new 10/25 option on raids gives us the ability to adapt to running one 10, two 10s or a 25 based on attendance any given week which takes a lot of the edge off.
To prepare we're creating a set raider list where we reward reliability with guaranteed raid slots while still allowing room for our casuals to fill in and keep the stress as low as possible on our core raiders.
See above (being the GL and main tank it's hard to separate what "I'm" doing from what the guild is doing).

Kavtor
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM

Four. An RFC guild to stop the guild invite spam, a real leveling guild. A wanna be MC raid guild that absorbed 15 leveling guilds, and lasted a month. And for the last 3+ years, a 12 hour/week raid guild.

Horde. I knew the initial game would have more people playing alliance, and I didn't want to contribute to the imbalance.

Yes, for the vast majority of my WoW experience.

< E X A L T E D >
GM, and I share the raid leader and MT hats with a number of other officers.

The folks I met in my leveling guild were pretty cool, and when we tried to raid under someone else's tent, it didn't work. We decided we could run a much tighter ship. So we did.

Just started working on M'uru.

A bid DKP system. It does the job well enough.

Pretty excited about the tank changes, and their attempts to simplify and re balance parts of the game should be good over all changes. We're trying to finish off Sunwell before we run out of time. We'll see whether 3.0.2 helps, or complicates that task. I'm vaguely trying to pick up a bit more PVP gear before the xpac hits, but S4 is pretty ridiculous right now. Once the profession changes finish shaking out, I'll probably be changing professions.

Right now, we're more concerned with finishing off Sunwell. We're updating our policies and trying to shake out some bugs to avoid some of the problems we ran into in the first expansion. But things can change so quickly, we'll have to play a lot of it by ear.

Moshman
10-06-2008, 01:39 PM

8 That has been serious and raiding

Horde because my freinds played it when i started the game and i just never tried alliance really. also a huge fan of taurens:D

Yeah been guild leader in one Officer in 2 and like Co GM/Raid leader in one where i was also Main tank.

Atm unguildied due to someone hacking my account my former guild were on kalec tho.

Fun guild overall + freinds in there and good progress.

Bt 4 bosses mh everything exept archi. would be longer without the hacking tho

normal dkp system and it works perfect

Well not much i can do before my acc is back i got around 1k gold worth of pots hopfully not loosing them + other nice stuff to level with.

Just getting gear and stuff to lvl fast and get decent gear from professions and stuff to easily get gear enough for the starting raids.

Lizana
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Guild experience survey!

Uh probbly 10 or so over my wow Life

Alliance, Started as horde, Guild died, wanted a pally, They brainwashed me.

Yes, most of the time with me not wanting to be

Seven Sins - Co GM/Raid leader

Wife wanted her own guild - Had no real choice

SSC

DKP - Very very happy

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Gimmie gimmie gimmie - I have stopped raiding waiting for it.

Selling off guild bank...

Krashtork
10-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I am going to eventually compile this data in a meaningful way after I get a large enough response pool, so keep them coming!

tuffmuffin
10-06-2008, 06:00 PM

Horde; Brother that got me into the game was Horde

Officer in Guild 3, Class Lead in Guild 4

<TG>; 1BJShortofPromo

Raid progression, raid with a friend again, Guild 3 was dying.

3/6 Sunwell

AP, like it much better than DKP

Still neutral about the "heroic raid" stuff they're doing. As for tanking it seems more enjoyable, though greatly dumbed down.
In preparation, bring on the achievements.

Progressing

Krashtork
10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
What's AP? never heard of that loot system.

nobel
10-06-2008, 06:37 PM

First guild was kinda just a lvling guild back in the day
second was my guild i created with a friend
third was a raiding guild pre BC
fourth was another attempt to start a guild
fifth is the guild i am in now

Alliance, watched LoTR's right before i started playing wow.. decided a dwarf would be cool

Was a GM of the second one and fourth. Was a Raid leader/mt and officer of the third and fifth

Momit. Currently taking a leave for warhammer but im slowly coming back as i absolutely hate the community of retards in war. My position was MT/OT and adviser mainly

Was looking for a casual style after raiding 6 days a week for a while.. seemed like a good fit and they where.

6/6 SSC 4/4 TK 5/5 and 5/9 when i took my leave

SK, meh i don't really care about loot believe it or not.

Im actually starting to get excited about wotlk.. Im going to be attempting to finish off getting exalted with as many factions as i can and have around 10k gold for my toons.

Not sure.. haven't logged in about 2 months

Navlelo
10-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Horde, always been just cause I loved orcs in warcraft 2 :>

Officer in my second guild, GM in the third...

Blood and Tears, Normal member

Needed progress which my former guild couldn't supply.

1/6 SWP personally, guild is 2/6

DKP with blind biddings, works fine..

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King
expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Looking forward to lvling and questing about again :D not doing much to prepare, will regem/enchant gear when 3.0 goes live, but that's not really just for the exp :P

Not much as of yet, trying to set up guild rules for future raiding..

Ukk
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Here you go; I hope you publish a summar of the responses?

Three. 2 were leveling guilds with no raiding. Still in No. 3.

Alliance. First rolled to be on same server as a RL friend; haven't been able to get into any horde toons.

No.

The Outcasts. Member.

I came late to WoW, and a former member of my leveling guild had joined this guild. They were already clearing T4 when I joined, and it was a gret opportunity to see some raids.

Personally, 4/6 ZA. Tanked Gruul's Lair and Mags several times, but haven't been an active 25-man raider.

Everyone can roll on every piece of loot for their main spec. No, I am not happy with it.

Very excited about the dps changes to Prot and the expanded opportunity for 10-man raiding.

* What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?

Saving a little gold, leveling an alt.

Trying to down a few t5 bosses.

tuffmuffin
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
What's AP? never heard of that loot system.
Attendance-based rolls, more you're there more rolls you get. Tiered for Members --> Negs --> Apps --> Offspec/Beggar
After X weeks your loot rolls off and you get the roll back, attendance % is based on Y weeks

We may change it some in Wrath, but it works fine.

Krashtork
10-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Ah, ok, I've never heard it called AP before. Thanks.

Fayre
10-07-2008, 06:01 AM
One. I think that makes me a bit of a novelty!

Alliance. I just made my first character human and didn't look back after I got to know people.

Yes, I became guild leader of Soldiers of Azeroth just over two years ago, after roughly a year in the guild and a few months being an officer. I'm also the primary raid leader for the guild.

See above.

I joined as a fresh newbie at level 20ish when a RL friend invited me to join. I stuck around because together we got through the levelling process and then began raiding the 'hard' way - building up our guild with an alliance and figuring out all the rules as we went along.

We've cleared BT and MH in TBC.

We use a DKP system that rewards attendance with points. When an item drops you have two options - to 'greed' the item and spend 10 points (minimal amount) or to 'need' and spend 50% of your current points total - whoever has the most points wins, and ties are decided by /roll. It's worked really well this whole expansion with really no loot drama or 'bad' decisions coming out of it and we're not planning on changing it.

I'm excited. Loads more instances and things to do, and more opportunities to progress. The main thing I have to prepare for launch is to decide whether I am going to play my healing paladin or my tanking warrior, but I'm waiting on patch 3.0 to figure that out.

We had an officers meeting last night to go through what changes we'd like to see in how we deal with WotLK. We've also had a survey of guild members to figure out what class/role they're likely to want to play at 80, and given some early results of that to the guild so they can adjust their plans if need be. We generally feel fairly prepared, as this is the second expansion we've been through as a guild, but it would be fair to say that our 'vanilla' WoW progression wasn't half as good as our TBC progression - so we're very aware that we need to pick up raiding fairly quickly to keep us 'desireable' as a home to more recent joiners.

Armstrong
10-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Guild experience survey!

Two.

Alliance, because they're obviously the good guys. ;)

All three, and MT also.

Elysium (Burning Legion US), GM and MT.

I was approached by a friend from my previous guild who intended to start a new, better organized guild focused on raid progression. For the first ~10 months he was GM and I was his XO.

Killed Twin Emperors and Razuvious a few times, then TBC came out.
Currently on Brutallus.

We used a zero-sum DKP system for a while. We eventually scratched that and now simply have the raid discuss where each piece of loot should go in order to most benefit progression. We have a rank system and some basic rules to ensure disagreements can be sorted out, but we rarely have to resort to that. This has worked very well for us for the 18 months we've been using it, but I should add that it probably only works because we are extremely picky with only recruiting highly mature individuals who want to raid for progression, not personal gain.

Pretty excited. Reading up on it as much as I can. Saving up gold for my DK's epic flying mount and trade skills.

Trying to get an idea of who will be playing what toon mostly. Eventually do some recruitment as needed.
Selling guild bank surplus.
I plan on making a few posts to give people an idea of how the transition to level 80 raiding is likely to take place, mostly for those who weren't around for the release of TBC.

Arrivan
10-07-2008, 06:14 AM

In total about five, however one of them merged into another guild so I count them as the same guild. I've only raided with that guild and my current guild.

Alliance because it was what I arbitrarily picked when I started playing. I also do have a horde rogue that I occasionally play.

I was an officer in my previous guild The Knights of the Light for a short time until we were absorbed by my current guild, but I was an unofficial officer much longer beforehand (I had access to the officer forum but I was only a "sub-officer").

Guild: Furious Crawdads. Rank: Crawdad (raider)

My previous guilds' officers (myself included somewhat) spoke to the leadership of Furious Crawdads and ended up arranging an agreement where we the members of KotL would join Furious Crawdads. We had a history with FC because a number of our former guild members went to join that guild beforehand so it was a fairly natural progression for us.

4/5 Hyjal 4/9 Black Temple with Bloodboil at about 50% before we stopped raiding :( But we did kill Kael and Vashj before the attunements to BT and Hyjal were lifted (before I joined the guild though).

Furious Crawdads uses Suicide Kings. I'm happy with it because we're fairly laid back about loot and things get distributed fairly(even though I'm near the bottom of the list :p)

I'm looking forward to Wrath personally. I've been working on some rarer accomplishments before 3.0 goes live such as the Bloodsail Admiral's Hat so I have a cool title to flaunt :D Gearwise I'm trying to get whatever drops I still need that I can get, in particular those that won't be replaced for a long time in Wrath. I'll be trying to do more old world raids and more pugs in general once 3.0 hits too to get achievements and just because I want to tank stuff (off topic, I'm seriously considering permanently switching to Prot from Fury).

Some people are leveling alts, others are doing PVP, I don't exactly know what everyone is doing.

That's me and my guild :)

Edit: Whew, I had some wireless network problems as I tried to post this and I was worried I'd lost it.

Coro
10-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Guild experience survey!

2, first one was a pure raiding guild, the one now is casual raiding guild.

Alliance. Because that's where my g/f is ;)

In my first guild just a raid member, this guild I started off as an member, became raid leader, and then co-leader (my g/f is the GM)

"Sek Sea Pirates" =D Yarr! I'm the co-lead

My g/f asked me to help her start another guild up (She ran a guild in EQ for six years)

preBC we made it to 2nd boss in BWL, TBC we only made it to SSC/TK content :(

10 man raiding we keep it on group loot. Roll need if it's main spec upgrade, G for offspec, pass otherwise.

25 man we use what we call a cool-down rotation. Basically if you need something that drops, you send a tell to the loot master/raid leader. He assigns you a number, based on how many tells he got. So I might be 1, you might be 2, and that other guy might be 3. Then raid leader would roll /roll 1 3. Whatever number he rolls, that player gets that item. Then the winner goes on a "cooldown" to roll for an item for 2 more raids he attends unless no one else wants the item, in which he can then roll for it (second phase), but goes on a new cool down at same length of time. If no one wants to roll their CD on it, then after so long the LM/RL will say "non CD roll" and then same process, but CD will not go into effect (this is the third phase)

I personally can not wait. Lots of awesome changes, new content looks amazing, the 10 man raiding is where I'm pumped up about, etc. I am leveling up as many alts as I possibly can before launch. I'm currently at 3 70s, 3 60's, 2 40's

Taking time off raiding to work up alts, professions, instances, pvp, etc. Just relaxing ^_^

Krashtork
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I've never heard of that cool down loot method. Seems to me that you may lose chance at gearing good raiders if they are on CD. Dunno though. It's interesting.

Inaara
10-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Guild experience survey!

5? Some were just fillers while I was floating around.

Alliance because they're prettier.

Yes.

Vintage, I am a raid leader.

I was at the point of quitting because there was really no action on my server. A bunch of old school players reactivated and I decided to give it one last shot.

We're currently working on Muru. Trying to get him down before the patch nerf >_<

Loot council. Of course I'm happy with it, I'm part of the loot council ;-)

Can't wait for my frostmourne. I'm playing as little as possible so I can splurge when it comes out.

Selling bear runs.

Krashtork
10-08-2008, 03:44 PM
What's the going price of a bear run these days?

tuffmuffin
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
The only guild Horde guild on my server selling them is asking for 10,000g minimum. If someone offers more, they get "higher priority"

Darksend
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
we did 7K minimums because the 4th best alliance guild on the server was selling them for 3K so we couldnt find buyers

we did get a 10K yesterday from someone who agreed on 7K because he wanted his now incase we didnt get every reset

Krashtork
10-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Holy crap. That's insane.

Sangi
10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
3 since vanilla.

Alliance. I set my wife down in front of the create character screen and had her choose what she wanted (which was a NE hunter) and rolled a new toon to level with her

Current guild officer/Raid Leader. Mainly because when we were starting out no one else wanted to do it and tanks tend to take over the pace of runs.

Exiles. Raid Leader. One of three main tanks.

Wife and I left the previous one due to politics and leveled up some new toons. We met a bunch of people on the way and built it pretty organically.

Akama in BT. After that the wrath ship date announced and people disappeared. I am hoping that enough come back after the patch to go push a little further.

We use the Ni Karma system. Its a roll plus bonus system with a cap on the max amount. You lose half your bonus when you win. Very happy, we always get good comments from new members on it. We were actually the first guild on our server to use it and have found several others on our server that have adopted it.

* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Its going to change everything, but I'm really looking forward to it. It will be nice to have every one on the same level again. Gathering a lot of Str gear, getting some gold and propping up my crafting skills.

We are kind of in hibernation. Taking a rest for the mad dash to 80 and start of raiding. We are also doing some recruiting to insure that we have a decent sized roster that can fit the raids.

PvtCaboose
10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I've been apart of two raiding guilds. One that barely got out of kara and the one I'm currently in. We are 5/9 bt and 5/5 mh

Alliance. The people who got me into WoW had started alliance and I figured it'd be better if I played with someone I knew.

Yes, I was an Officer and RL in my Kara guild until no futher progression and no one wanted to go in the same direction as myself.

All Nighter. My position is Raider.

There we two guilds I was going to join on my server that raided late night which is what I needed. The guild I didn't choose to go to disband about two or three weeks after joining my current guild.

Black Temple and Mount Hyjal

A need for main specs (primary going to tanks). A /roll 1 for off sets. I am happy about this. However, the RL will intervene if the item will help the raid as a whole more.

I really enjoy getting ready for the expansion. I am getting my tank geared up and working on more tanking to get my overall experince tanking higher. My main ATM is mostly just on just to raid and do dailies to fund my raiding addiction ;-)

We are running Naxx on a nightly basis to get ready for it (we hear its going to be very similar).

Magnuss
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
[/LIST]I have been with 4 guilds since i started playing. 2 on Nazgrel and 2 on Medivh. The on i am in now is Attica.

Horde because they have taurens and taurens rule...

I was a class officer way back in the day of my first guild but looking back i really didnt know a thing about tanking. I havent been an official officer since although right now i am the maintank for my guild (and very frequently confused as an officer because of my natural tendency to raidlead).

Attica. I am the maintank although stepping back significantly due to my hatred of sunwell.

I transfered to the server Medivh to follow some friends after i got back from deployment. The guild i initially came into had already recruited the numbers they wanted in terms of tanks and simply had me as a guild friend. i wanted to tank so badly that i found a slightly less progressed guild (my current) and made the move to them.

Downed every boss up to and including illidan, sort of working kalecgos now.

We use loot council and i am a big fan of it because i joined the guild later then some of our core with lesser gear and was still able to gear up ahead of most. It allowed me to quickly become a viable T6 tank and satisfy the goals that i wanted to accomplish in TBC.

I am absolutely thrilled with the changes made to protection warriors and have had a BLAST on the beta leveling my warrior. In preparation i am pretty much tanking what i normally did to help the guildies get gear that they need since im mostly capped out (need that damned helm).

Trying to down bosses in sunwell and kill as much as possible since the loot that drops from there should last through their leveling to 80.

Ylun
10-09-2008, 08:35 AM

1, a small guild of real life friends and their friends. About 7 active players.

Horde. Because my friends play Horde.

I think I have an officer's rank. I can invite new members at least (mostly alts).

The Blueberry Muffins. No special position. I'm one of the tanks, sometimes I dps.

Because my friends play there.

Cleared SSC, TK, MH. Working on Illidari Council in BT. This is not with my guild but with an independent raid force.

Roll need on need, greed on greed. If you're asking what my raid force uses? It's Suicide Kings.

A bit too early for us, especially the nerf patch.

* What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?

Nothing, just trying to finish off BT.

Nothing special.

Lavache
10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Guild experience survey!

at least 5 since BC came out. most either fell apart or were absorbed by other guilds. currently GM and have been in that position over a year.

horde. i like cows.

all of the above.

psychosis - GM

guild i was in previously imploded.

5/9 BT, 4/5 MH

dkp - single, silent bids. bid what you want to pay. its worked well for the most part. badge gear tossed a big wrench into things, but i think i know how to help accommodate it.

just laying low and enjoying playing an alt. nothing special.

about teh same. guild attendance / participation vanished with the PTR release.

Tobius
10-09-2008, 10:19 AM
One.

Alliance. No Real reason.

Officer and occasional Raid Leader

Soldiers of Azeroth. Officer

Random invite at lvl 5 if I remember correctly.

We've cleared BT and MH in TBC.

We use a DKP system that rewards attendance with points. When an item drops you have two options - to 'greed' the item and spend 10 points (minimal amount) or to 'need' and spend 50% of your current points total - whoever has the most points wins, and ties are decided by /roll.

I think it should be good.

We had an officers meeting last night to go through what changes we'd like to see in how we deal with WotLK. We've also had a survey of guild members to figure out what class/role they're likely to want to play at 80, and given some early results of that to the guild so they can adjust their plans if need be. We generally feel fairly prepared, as this is the second expansion we've been through as a guild, but it would be fair to say that our 'vanilla' WoW progression wasn't half as good as our TBC progression - so we're very aware that we need to pick up raiding fairly quickly to keep us 'desireable' as a home to more recent joiners.

Optimoos
10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Guild experience survey!

Since I returned to WoW after the TBC release, 3. Maybe add 2 to that for my time pre-bc.
Horde. I refuse to play ally. I'm a dick like that. This likely has to do with my initial exposure to the game when I chose to play a NE Warrior and got tired of playing with 12 year olds. Personal experience that scarred me for life, I suppose :p.
Yes, in my first guild after my return I was an officer. When that guild fell apart and I moved to another guild, I moved up to officer and eventually into GM where I also was raid leading.
Right now I'm in Hyperion (as per my sig) with my warrior. My position is OT.
I didn't really "leave" my last guild and am still acting GM while we wait for wrath to come out and see what happens to our raid team. However, we lost a lot of our raiders over summer vacation and I wanted to keep raiding. Hyperion is one of the top 3 guilds on our server (I would say the best but I'm biased) and I was lucky enough to have a good opportunity to demonstrate my tanking ability and was brought in to OT for them.
Hyperion has done 4/6 sunwell, we stopped banging our heads against M'uru as people slacked off with the approach of Wrath. I personally haven't attended Brutallus or Twins kills (I have done Kalec and Felmyst).
Our raid leader decides who gets what loot. It's very stressful for him when people freak out when they don't get a drop (things like the Skull off Illidan), but for the most part it keeps raids moving quickly and keeps people in the upgrades they need to get for us to progress.
Wrath is revitalizing my favorite class and spec, the protection warrior, I'm very excited for it. It is also introducing what looks like it could be my second favorite class, the death knight. I'm preparing by spending an inordinate amount of time in beta, playing with level 80 warrior stuff and leveling a deathknight to see what's up.
Uhhh... heh, my guild is full of hardcore pvpers and a very large concentration of gladiators, so for the most part they are spending their time pvping.

orcstar
10-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Guild experience survey!
While leveling one guild then my primary raiding guild which sadly disbanded and now a new one so it's 3 guilds horde side.
1 Social guild on my *cough* alliance *cough* warlock.
What faction do you play primarily? Why?
Horde of course, they're the good guys.
Officer raid leader for non progression raids.
Heart of War, raiding member, not officer by choice.
My former guild disbanded.
Killed Illidan two weeks before SWP was added to the game.
My guild did use some stupid form of dkp it kept adding up from Karazhan to Black Temple and I was totally unhappy with it.
I raided as restoshaman and PuGged my warrior through Karazhan and Zul'Aman. I hope WotLK gives me the chance to be a main tank in high level content.
Level farming/pvp alts.
Keeping in touch with all members. Trying to get former members back. My current guild stopped raiding right before Illidan and we're encouraging all players that want to, to join raiding guilds and raid "but" come back when WotLK hits. That tactic is working out very very well.

Zorzil
10-12-2008, 03:56 AM
On Quel'Thalas-EU I've been part of three guilds - Crimson Thunder, Septima Gemina and currently Aurora.

Horde - I'm a human in real life, might as well go for something out of the ordinary when I'm trying to escape real life!

I founded Crimson Thunder but things didn't quite go as I'd planned and the guild disbanded before people hit 60.

In Septima Gemina I started off just as a normal member, but due to a split caused by the "more hardcore" wanting to go off and do their own thing, I quickly became involved in raid leading, then got promoted to being an officer. When the existing GM was going through some difficult times in real life I ended up getting that as well. Which is why I ended up leaving myself, that was far too much pressure - I was main tank, raid leader and guild master all at once and unable to delegate much since the others didn't fancy it much either.

Aurora, and I'm the main tank and currently doing a little bit of raid leading. Not fond of it but the regular raid leader's been struggling a little lately so I offered to take over to give him a breather and have a fresh perspective on trying to get Kalecgos in SWP down before the next patch ideally, but before WotLK at any rate.

Why did you choose to join your current guild?
When I left Septima Gemina I took a few weeks off to try get all the stress out of my system. On my return I looked for the guild that had the most similar principles (ie. casual raiding) and progression - Aurora do 25-man raids 3 nights a week, and were only a small amount ahead of Septima Gemina at the time.

Pre-TBC
Zul'Gurub - cleared
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj - cleared
Molten Core - cleared
Blackwing Lair - 7/8 (got to Nefarian the reset before TBC was released).

TBC
Karazhan - cleared
Gruul's Lair - cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - cleared
Zul'Aman - cleared (+ farming Amani War Bears)
Serpentshrine Cavern - cleared
Tempest Keep - cleared
Mount Hyjal - cleared
Black Temple - cleared
Sunwell Plateau - 1/6

Open bidding DKP, no priority for anyone. Receive 10 DKP for being online at the raid start time and 5 more for being around at the end. If a raid over-runs the scheduled end time by a significant amount (20-30 minutes plus) you receive an extra 5/10 dubbed the "Ironman bonus".

I'm a bit mixed over the expansion since it sounds like they're changing far too much all at once. I like the thought of dual-specs and Warrior AoE tanking becoming comparable to Paladin AoE tanking... but it sounds like they're making it far too easy.

I've always prided myself on being a good tank but some of the changes make it sound like you'll be able to face-roll it and skill largely goes out the window. Being able to contribute meaningful DPS whilst tanking appeals to me a bit though.

Nothing really.

Trying to determine what classes people intend to play so that we can get as ready as possible to start the level 80 raids immediately after hitting the new level cap.

Tharr
10-12-2008, 04:29 AM
- How many guilds have you been a part of?
2 while leveling to 60 back in the days, one of those merged to form my current guild (Apathy), left due to university and bored of the game shortly after tbc hit, joined another guild while leveling my warrior during the summer and later rejoined Apathy again.

- What faction do you play primarly? Why?
Horde, have so far never played an alliance character. Simply because that's what I started with, thats where I have my e-friends.

- In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM?
Pre tbc I was hunter classleader in Apathy, now I'm warrior classleader there (we do only have 2 warriors though). But I do pulls, marks, trash and tank many thingies.

- What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild?
Apathy, warrior classleader

- Why did you chose to join your current guild?
Cause they are awasome and I love them.

- What is the highest level of progression you have achieved?
10 bosses in Naxx pre tbc, cleared Sunwell as 61st guild worldwide.

- What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it?
You get dkp per hour. No priorities on loot. Secret bids for items, highest bid wins and if you win u pay what you bid. I like it alot, simple and straight to the point.

- What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion?
I'm looking forward to it.

- What are you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Prepared consumables and such, have some gold to buy stuff to when needed.

- What is your guild doing to prepare for it?
Going through classes we have, who wants to continue playing their current class, who wants to go deathknight and such, nothing to major though.

Crommi
10-16-2008, 01:25 PM
-Counting only raiding guilds since EU launch; Morningcrew, Archaic Order and The Prophets.
-Horde only
-I was warrior/tank class leader in my previous guild and did lead couple raids as well.
-Member of Archaic Order.
-I raided from BWL to Naxx with Archaic Order in pre-tbc and we're planning to bring the guild back on it's former glory for WotLK.
-Techincally that would be 5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 1/6MH. Personally I rate those below my first C'thun kill and 5 bosses down in Naxx pre-tbc.
-Current guild is not raiding yet, but all guilds I've been in have used DKP.
-I can't wait. TBC art-style just isn't that immersive for me with it's mushroom forests and pink floating citadels.
-Collect 10k cash and after I'm done with that, make it 20k.
-Contacting old members if they're interested in getting back together and eventually start progressing through 10mans and if recruitment process allows, enter 25man raiding aswell.

Leei
10-18-2008, 08:55 AM

Three guilds since the launch of Wow. First was just to level "Council of War"
The second was "The Old Garrison" . Anyone over 25 could join but there was no limit on numbers so we split to form "The Garrison" which is on EU Dunemaul and has around 150 people with around 500 charaters.We have members from all over europe and SA and im sure other places im forgetting :)

I play Alliance. Although i do have Horde characters in our mirror guild on another sever:)

I have not but my girlfriend is the Hunter Class Co.

My position is as Raider. The Guild is "The Garrison"

We are all good friends and wanted control over our guild recruitment rules. If you look up The Older Gamers site you will understand why we needed to leave. Basically anyone no matter how rude or annoying could join.

We have cleared all Instances leaving us only to kill Archimonde and Illidan. We were trying to kill Illidan the night before the patch went live. We also have a team of around 15 with Armani Bear mounts.

We use our own DKP system coded and run by a few very intelligent members :). Our system is incredibly fair and the only arguments we seem to have is ones like this, "no you take it, its better for you" .."No after you" :) Im lucky to have such a great guild.

Im excited by the patch. Personally im just learning all i can and cleaning up my UI ect.

The guild as a whole is ready and waiting :) We have very large rosters for raiding and im sure we will carry on in the same vain.:)

Xeria
10-18-2008, 09:42 AM

Alliance, my brother and his wife play alliance so I just tag around with them most of the time. I also recently got my Tauren Hunter to 70 after about 2 years of leveling. :)

Once but my sister-in-law was GM so I was just there because I was the brother-in-law mostly.

<By Fire Redeemed> I'm just a lowly Social Raider, not full time raider, mostly there for social reasons, and to gear my alts >.>

Tired of the elitist guilds that just have to raid 4-5 times a night, or they kick you out, so a bunch of us that were friends split from our last guild to raid together with people we knew.

We're a casual guild I think they have gotten through a few bosses in SSC Highest I've done would have to be Lurker in SSC and maybe a Gruul attempt if that counts :)

Roll if you need it, is what we usually use. We occasionally have to pull in for PuGs and didn't want to screw them over our guild members. If everyone helps everyone should have a chance at gear :)

I love WotLK and it looks to be shaping up to be exactly what I want in an expansion. Just getting my characters I want at 80, ready at 70 for the release. My warrior is almost there and my Shaman is geared and waiting for some snow. My horde Hunter is also gonna have some fun making snow angels too I hope. :)

Honestly I think everyone is taking a bit of a vacation from raiding and just grabbing achievements. there are a few that have just been out collecting cash for the next new money sink, whatever that happens to be. And a few are grabbing some mats for professions and going to level a bit with outland mats to ease the grind in northrend.

Caulle
10-18-2008, 06:44 PM

Alliance. RL friends rolled alliance, and just never felt a need to switch as I didn't know anyone.

First 2 was just a member, in the last one I was both officer, co-raid leader, and later GM.

Chaos. Currently GM

Our original Molten Core raid group was composed of about a dozen different guilds. It was like this for quite a while until finally the core leaders decided to form a guild.

Kill Kalecgoes back in April. Raid had lost steam at that point with the difficulty of Sunwell, and my month long absence due to work.

We've used Nurfed DKP for the longest time. Overall I was extremely happy with it, especially in Burning Crusade because it allowed for an upgrade system. It was never properly upgraded for TBC however, and it did cause some major problems. I've never found a loot system that I liked anywhere near as much as NDKP (despite its huge glaring errors), so I'd most likely go loot council next.

I'm extremely excited for Wrath. I think the Warrior changes are amazing, but I had already planned to roll DK for the raid. However I'll be leveling my warrior shortly afterwards

kolben
10-24-2008, 08:17 AM

One in TBC, my current guild. 2 in classic WoW. Although I have toyed with the idea of trying to start my own in WotLK. We'll see.

Horde. No actual issues with alliance aside from being girly men.

All of that. I am currently just an ordinary member, strong disagreement with the warm body approach to raiding.

Stolen Souls, Main Tank.

It was formed by some friends I made when leveling up in TBC. Started off as mostly instances, heroics and Karazhan. Frankly not many decent horde guilds on Icecrown, and those that are have their tanking core and are not looking for recruits.

T5, we dabbled with T6 in MH.

EPGP. I like it in some respects, I preferred old school DKP in some ways. One of the problems with EPGP or at least the way we seem to run it is that it's entirely possible for someone to stay at the top of the list and have first bid each time. DKP had potential for the same problems of course. Overall it's not bad.

I'm bored to tears with TBC, it's completely the suck compared to the fun and variety of classic WoW. So yes, a new expansion is welcome. I'm gathering all my mats, sifting through wowhead to plan out my gear and reputation, and gleaning whatever I can to fast track my gear and be ready to raid Naxx.

Who knows. We have the full spectrum from ex-hardcore raider like myself and a handful of others to the new and mostly clueless. I think there will be about 6 or 7 of us that are geared/enchanted appropriately and ready to rock within a short time of launch. The rest will get there when they do.

Marsellus
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Since I began playing, I have been in 6 guilds.

My pre-BC raiding was done as an Orc hunter. My BC raiding was done on a Human warrior. I switched factions because I made my warrior with a group of RL friends who preferred alliance.

I have been the leader of 2 guilds and an officer in one.

Still Life (Still Life Guild - Kilrogg (http://www.stilllifeguild.com)) I am a member (along with everyone else who isn't the GM)

When the reroll with the aforementioned group of RL friends didn't work out as planned, I looked for a raiding guild which fit my later schedule and ended up transferring to join SL.

Killed Illidan almost exactly a year ago. Our guild stopped raiding before sunwell was released, however, due to mass boredom caused by a lack of content.

Loot is decided within class chat channels. All members of the class discuss who needs the upgrade more. If a decision can't be reached, they roll. If an item is good for multiple classes, a representative from each class rolls and future drops are rotated between classes based on that roll.

We have a very tightly knit group of dedicated raiders, so loot has never been an issue. This "system" seems to divide loot in a way which is best for the guild as a whole.

I took a break from WoW once my guild stopped raiding, but just recently reactivated my account. I am rolling a DK as my new main, so I've spent the last few weeks gathering mats for his BS and getting gold for his mounts, etc.

We stopped raiding a few months after our Illidan kill, with plans to start back up at WotLK. We are currently recruiting to fill empty spots that our hiatus has left us with.

Elotin
10-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Raiding guilds: 10
-Play mainly horde but have also played alliance. Reason is most of my friends play horde, and i like the style and feel of the horde towns and community.
Yes, have been CL/officer as mage and warrior
glorify. A normal member.
Came back after a long break and partied with some of the members and they where a cool bunch
Pre-tbc: Princess huhuran. Post tbc: Kalecgos
None atm. have been using dkp and lootcouncil before. Prefered loot council by far
Im transfering to a new server as soon as my pct is up so i can join a guild with some friends. It is also the server which i started playing on and its gonna be good getting back to my root. In preperation for the launch im farming gold and a materials for leveling JC/Enchanting
No idea

Gwailo
11-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Four in WoW.

What faction do you play primarily? Why?
Alliance, mainly because I wasn't feeling Horde.

GM and Raid Leader.

Still in the process of deciding.

N/A

Kil'Jaeden (However this is situational)

Considering Loot Council.

Definitely the direction of all classes synergy in a raid environment, I've seen classes go through the best and the worst, especially warriors. For now I am leveling a new warrior on Dragonmaw and get my guild up and going.

- Leveling

Greygor@Rexxar
11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Raiding guilds, 6-7, give or take a couple

Horde only, favorite classes and storyline

Officer in several, GM in one

Game Over, one of the main tanks

Pugged a raid with them and enjoyed the people, made me want to get back into raiding (after a 3 month break from wow)

Pre-BC - with previous guild cleared zg, aq20, mc, and was working on nefarion and the bug trio in aq40.
Pre-nerf with previous guild got 4/9 BT 4/5 Hyjal
Post-nerf cleared hyjal, BT, and downed kalecgos last night

DKP, right now is random rolls as we are bringing some out of guild ppl often.
havent seen the dkp system much yet, but am accustomed to it and have few issues with it.

What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are
you doing to prepare for it's launch?
Excited about the expansion, gathering some extra gear for alt spec and forming a group to chain instance run come nov 14

Just having fun getting bosses down we didnt see before

blahism
11-04-2008, 11:10 AM

Alliance 4 life

Been an Office and GM and now enjoying peon status for a change.

Guild: Samsara
Position: Tool

Why did you choose to join your current guild?
We raid because we want to have fun and there isn't bunch of people yelling about DPS or fighting for position or constantly QQ'ing. If we wipe, we wipe, if we win, we win. All grown ups or very respectable young adults. Couldn't have found a better home. Oh Samsara where were you a year ago!

Pre TBC: I dunno.. mostly crap

TBC
Karazhan - cleared
Gruul's Lair - cleared
Magtheridon's Lair - cleared
Zul'Aman - cleared
Tempest Keep - cleared
Black Temple - In progress

/roll main spec if pass /roll off spec. Simple & efficient.

I LOVE IT. The only thing about wow i can't stand are patch tuesdays. Tuesdays are my off days, screwww you blizzard!!!! :)

Selling all my crap and stocking up on gold. Those 72 goggles will be mine at 72!

Having fun getting badge gear while the going is easy. Having fun leveling up alts to have a good variety and having fun having fun. What else?

Lunestone
11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
* How many guilds have you been a part of? Four
* What faction do you play primarly? Why? Alliance, because my ex-boyfriend's ex-girlfriend got me into WoW and I started with her faction.
* In any of these guilds have you been an officer, raid leader, or GM? Officer and class leader
* What is your current guild name? What is your position in this guild? Recently unguilded, I was primarily an offtank sometimes main tank.
* Why did you chose to join your current guild? Chose my last guild because they were just far enough ahead in progression for me to catch up without missing out on SSC/TK. It's a well known guild on my server, known for being a solid raiding guild.
* What is the highest level of progression you have achieved? I have seen all of Hyjal and BT. Would love to step into Sunwell once before the expansion if at all possible :p
* What loot system does your guild use? Are you happy with it? They used DKP and it seemed to work fairly well? Only thing I didn't like is that when I took a break from WoW my dkp was erased :-/ Maybe a deduction is more appropriate.
* What is are your feelings on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion? What are you doing to prepare for it's launch? Seems like it's going to completely change the game and bring back the awesomeness of pre-BC that I missed out on since I started playing not long after BC came out. To prepare... trying to get my shammie to 70 in time, which will happen she's at 68 now. Still deciding if i'll choose my shammie or warrior to raid on... I might be in need of a change but a lot of ppl want me to tank for them still.
* What is your guild doing to prepare for it? Someone told me this is a strange idea, but i've heard my previous guild is going to give DKP for leveling. Not sure what else they're up to?