PDA

View Full Version : What can/should I actually tank?

Machineghoul
10-05-2008, 02:09 AM
ARMORY

I've been off-tanking Kara for about a month now and picking up drops in order to be ready to AoE tank heroics when 3.0.2 goes live, but I've been doing all my gearing without any decent theorycrafting behind it (aside from snippets I've heard from other people). Am I currently able to MT Kara, assuming I don't Epic Fail at keeping Shield Block up? Would it be safe or a recipe for disaster for me to the the offtank in ZA, holding the adds in the back of the Eagle guntlet and tanking Dragonhawk while our Pally MT holds the d-hawks?

note on future gear: man, I need shoulders. Also, the Bold ones will be getting a Vivid Chrysophase in order to hitcap me against bosses in the patch along with a 12 stam gem. Am I missing any obvoius gear? Am I overvaluing mitigation/avoidance in my trinket slots? I have access to 2 45 stam trinks, but not Commendation (yet... I hope).

treyu
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Your gear is more then enough to MT kara, if not all of ZA. Gear looks great for your level, shouldn't have any probs.

Machineghoul
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
After looking around here for a bit, I've realized that I should probably start working on gathering pieces for another two whole sets of tanking gear. Ugh. I guess that makes everything I've got right now my threat set. Can I afford to take off the Lucky Pocket Watch and put on shard of Contempt if I get one?

Tanking is scary.

treyu
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
if you get shard replace it with the coin, The exp you will get from the shard will out way the block value from the coin imho, and your dodge is kinda low and you can't really afford losing the dodge from pocket watch.