PDA

View Full Version : In need of help

jsock24
10-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Over the past few months or so I've been trying to get better at improving my dps using a slam rotation. I choose slam spec. due to my personal preferences as well as the fact that in normal raids there are usually two other DW warriors present, and blood frenzy could help the raid more. However, at this point I am lucky if I break 700 on void reaver. Is there anything I could do to my rotation, buffs, etc. to increase my dps? My armory link in below, thank you.

(Note: In normal raids, WF and a feral druid are not present, additionally, I do not have access to Gruul, Mag., ZA, and for the most part Kara now)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Perenolde&n=Belthok)

Optimoos
10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
As an arms warrior, being without WF is gimping you, period. I don't follow arms very closely so I don't know how things are going to change in 3.0, especially with WF changing to haste instead of an extra swing. Anyway, that's the biggest thing I can tell you - without WF your rage is going to suffer, thus your dps will as well.

Meeks
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM
First off...spec wise ditch improved executed and finish Weapon Mastery and pick up Sweeping Strikes. Shaman and or druid makes a huge difference...but if you do not have them that can't be helped. Make sure to have weight stones.

How is your lag? What is your rotation?

Here is how it should be:
Auto attack --> Slam --> MS
Auto attack --> Slam --> WW
Auto attack --> Slam --> MS
Auto attack --> Slam --> shout/demo

You need to have the mod quartz installed so you can time you slam to begin the instant your auto attack goes off...accounting for lag.

For food go with strenght, and farm hmgt for the expertise trinket if you can.

Other then that I would need to know more about your rotation to help you further.

Meeks
10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
As an arms warrior, being without WF is gimping you, period. I don't follow arms very closely so I don't know how things are going to change in 3.0, especially with WF changing to haste instead of an extra swing. Anyway, that's the biggest thing I can tell you - without WF your rage is going to suffer, thus your dps will as well.

WF is certainly huge but you are not helpless without it. Couple times in raid I got stuck with 3hunter/feral druid instead of the WF group and my dps was barely lower(our shaman in melee group was resto so no ap buff) then it usually was.

Having neither WF or feral druid is going to suck though.

Bloodwraith
10-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Why is this in PvP discussion?

Meeks
10-03-2008, 04:51 PM
No clue...I used to be able to move things but alas not any more.

jsock24
10-03-2008, 05:52 PM
I apologize about the placement of this thread, I now just realized where it is, please move to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Anyways, as far as my rotation is concerned, I've downloaded quartz and have been using the rotation you have outlined Meeks. My connections been relatively solid running usually around 130ms. I will alter my talent tree as well and start running Mgt once more for the shard. I spoke to a few warriors the other day and they told me that if I'm using an axe my crit. needs to be 40-45% to be affective, any thoughts on this matter?

Meeks
10-03-2008, 06:30 PM
You do not need any more crit then you would for sword spec. Not sure what they were getting at. Go with the best gear you have.