PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this...

velouriam
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Was out enjoying some world pvp and come across a undead warrior talking some crap on me. I out geared him and i'm ms spec with points in tm. and from what i could tell he was fury spec duel wielding s2 blades. I think "easy victory". So he wants to duel me. Now im not the best warrior, but i dont suck. I know what im doing and have been on good arena teams and can rarely find a warrior that can beat me on my server/faction. So as soon as the duel starts the guy equips his s2 shield. I never notice any big crits, yet somehow my health drops and before i can finish him off at 10% with execute he beats me. I had no sunders on, he was just swinging away with his one hander and shield. Ive never ever seen that happen. I did notice after, that he was buffed to high hell with fort and every other one out there...but still. If this was a legit defeat, this guy has found a new way to beat his own class, even those that outgear him. Any thoughts? are buffs enough to put him at the top? or like i said, has he found a unique way to beat his own class?

Ukyo
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Buffs do help when you're fury, but without more info i could say is a 50/50 chance of winning every duel.

Bloodwraith
10-02-2008, 12:30 PM
With a shield on you'd be surprised how long an under geared player can last against someone. He could have been prot but who knows =P.

Don't worry to much about duels, the game isn't balanced around 1v1.

Thgil
10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
he could be like me. I take down very well geared PVP spec warriors all the time in 1v1 situations. Im tank prot spec, but nowadays am usually found in my DPS gear. Still when someone with big weapons come at me i draw my shield and win... Although why no sunders is baffuling to me... Devistate and heroic strike does amazing good DPS... (full prot spec and my DPS gear I can do 550 dps is raids).

Kazaganthi
10-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Even with a shield on his blood thirst hits almost as hard as your MS. BT is based off AP not the weapon he has on. So he can still hit pretty hard, but takes less damage. Stay behind him if possible. Disarming and sundering him doesn't hurt either.

Zaron
10-18-2008, 11:56 PM
Can you post a log. Or armory links? "Just swinging away" is really lacking in descriptor.

If I had to blindly guess theres a pretty good chance new BV as well as Blood Craze + Bloodthirst + high sta gear (hence high regen) largely contributing to you being outlasted. Shield ~ 10% more reduction, so yea.

blackthought
10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Did you notice him switching stances alot? Prior to titans grip, and even now depending on what weapon I see being swung at me, I do some weapon stance dancing to disarm, tc, rend, and sunder and swap back to ww and BT(life). Did you inspect afterwords? Was he well enchanted? What were your live at respectively(you had 10k he had 15?)

Everythign is speculation without more of a description

velouriam
10-20-2008, 06:53 PM
no he wasnt stance dancing for effects. I eventually figured out the answer to this riddle...and that is he blew his shield wall on our duel. figures...cause next time i tried to duel him he flagged himself and his buddies came and killed me. we wouldnt duel me again cause he couldnt use his shield wall again (pre 3.0 30min cd)