PDA

View Full Version : Browser game project seeks programmer

Alent
10-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Sooo... I quit progression raiding to try to get back to my dream of creating games instead of just playing them.

Problem: I'm one of those artist types who can't get hello world to compile. :p

I'm looking for a programmer or a few programmers to help me get a browser based game running. It's a simulation type game, become the richest player, etc. Not terribly unlike Ikarium, although it's not civilization based. (It's inspiration stems back to an old BBS doors game)

For now my goal is just to get a working prototype in php + mysql (I have one programmer, but he's got real life aggro) and I would like to do it rapid prototyping style to test and refine the game mechanics and then create the game proper. Ultimately I would like to get a flash interface, but for now I want to do a quick and dirty rapid prototype.

anyone interested in helping?

Kazeyonoma
10-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I'm not much of a php person but i know mySQL and java fairly well, c++ is my other forte although I'm probably rusty. I can help you after you find a lead developer, but I'm a terrible person to try to get work "started", I'm your closer =P

Temig
10-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Damn you and your Evensfell competition!

Alent
10-01-2008, 10:50 AM
So, this is the basic situation, temig... For my game and evensfell to compete... both games have to be finished. :p

Wanna help? :D

Temig
10-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Sure, let me finish Evensfell first ;)

Kazeyonoma
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
That's true... I probably should help Cider finish Evensfell first, but regardless as long as I'm not doing the creative stuff, I won't share any ideas between the games, so I'll help whichever tasks get assigned to me, gogo worker bee.

Alent
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm supposed to be doing artwork for Evensfell anyway... I think I'll finish some of that for Cider to atone for borrowing his help. ;)

Maybe we ought to affiliate. It's been my observation that "work games" like this tend to be stackable since most of the time you're just waiting for stuff to process.