PDA

View Full Version : I am Back!

Silentslayer
09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
I quit WoW in May was just tired of playing, wasnt haveing as much fun anymore. The other day a friend sent me a scroll of ressurection and I logged back in I enjoyed myself a lot more than I was when I quit pre Sunwell.

I was just wanting advice on my spce for Kara and 5 man heroics.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Icecrown&n=Silentslayer)

How far in Kara will my gear be good for also?

NmEnforcer
09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Spec is fine.

Gear looks good for Kara and any heroic. I tanked all of them with almost the same stuff. A Kara run or two might yield a few upgrades. And, of course, the badges will do you some good. That is where most of your upgrades will come from.

I'm not the best for suggesting what order to get the badge gear in, but my recommendation is to just wait til you have enough badges for something. You might get all focused on 100 badges chest and then pick up the Panzar chest.

Karazhan definitely has a lot of nice stuff for you though. Boots of Elusion, Gloves from maiden, T4 gloves, Panzar chest, Wrynn Dynasty Greaves, the belt from Moroes (I think that is who drops it). The ring from Shade. Shoulders from Netherspite.

IMHO, Kara is a lot of fun too!

AND. Welcome back!!

Edit: Wanted to add that the SSO dailies are REALLY easy and the faction will get you a much better shield!!

Silentslayer
10-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the advice!

tcdgais
10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
agreed. everything looks good to jump in and get dirty in kara/heroics. the only thing i could add...actually dovetail...is to say that be careful how you budget where to spend your badges. the 2.4 loot are HUGE upgrades, but you dont want to work directly for something that could be upgraded with your runs in kara. that goes both ways too. i held out for a few weeks hoping to see the mantle drop off of netherspite, when in fact with as much +def and avoidance as i was managing from my badge loot, the merciless shoulders were actually a better upgrade.

bottom line, with what is readily available to you, it becomes very important to figure out where to spend your effort: dropped loot, badge loot and pvp gear. make the most of that.

Silentslayer
10-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Well I tried Heroic SH last boss tonight after 2 wipes the group sai dI was undergeared, last time I checked my health was holding fine untill the healer died. But I dunno, things like this is what made me quit wow in first place they wanted an overgeared tank I guess.

Silentslayer
10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
What do you think my next upgrade should be, I have 493 Def so I need to get a shoulders belt or boots that has some +def to give me some room to get other upgrades and such i believe. What would yall reccomend?

tcdgais
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
you should be fine to tank the first half of kara with at least an equally geared group with experience. there are some drops off the early bosses that will dictate what you need from badges, heroics, etc...

changes to what you have right now:
-change your meta to the +def with +10% SBV gem. use a head glyph. the SSO has a +18 stam one that will makeup for the meta switch. otherwise use the keepers of time glyph for more avoidance.
-use the aldor +dodge shoulder glyph unless you are finding yourself rage starved or struggling with threat. hopefully neither.
-enchants to boots and bracers. more stamina.

upgrades:
-timewarden leggings rep reward from keepers of time at revered. upgrade from the fel steel.
-belt from moroes. alternative is the quest reward belt from "how to break into the arcatraz"
-gauntlets from maiden/warbringers from curator. keep yours until you see either of those.
-boots of elusion drop from trash in kara. battlescar boots from chess event if you can get there. yours are fine until you see either of those.
-illhoof drops the gilded thorium cloak. slikk's is also irreplaceable for a loong time and worth the badges.
-finish your SSO rep and grab the shield upgrade. the neck pendant gives you a chance at 100 dodge rating for 10 secs which could be great or disastrous. buyers beware.
-etc...etc...etc...thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

with all of those pieces to farm in kara...you can save your badges and grab the 2.4 leggings then chest. once you have those, the merciless shoulders make a solid piece (sooo much armor and stamina). once you get some of this together and move on to tougher heroics (start in SP, bot, mech, etc...) head to heroic MgT and pray you only have to run it once for the commendation.

hopefully this gives you an idea of where to look. i was in the same boat and have gotten most of these accomplished.

nobel
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
well honestly unless you have 2 CC's in the group i would tend to agree with the group that you are a tad undergeared to tank places like h SH.. thats quite a bit of dmg from those larger packs..

Thats not to say you can't tank heroics/ or even most of kara. I would start of with the UB/SP and stuff there and go on.. you can grind out some nice badges in those easier ones.

But i think it was mentioned grind for the SSO shield, the neck.. overrated imo but its not bad at all.. I would say your next upgrade could be the belt.. it does look like its the weakest part in your gear atm. I would also try to get the back out of SV.. its definally a nice all around good tanking back. Make sure you enchant your gear tho.. it does make a differance

Other then that when i started tanking kara i was in blues and t3 60 gear.. but what i find is once you get up to curator things begin to hit that much harder.. i would just try to get as many solid ups as you can get.. i wouldn't stress to much about it tho man in a month wotlk drops and the fun starts all over again :D

Silentslayer
10-11-2008, 01:15 AM
well honestly unless you have 2 CC's in the group i would tend to agree with the group that you are a tad undergeared to tank places like h SH.. thats quite a bit of dmg from those larger packs..

Yeah, we were already on the last boss, Then they said I was undergeared for the fight, to me it was the dps not taking down the adds/boss fast enough but maybe I needed to be putting out more TPS. I am working on my rotations and useage of CD's/trinkets. I am by no means the best tank but I feel I am a good tank.

Thats not to say you can't tank heroics/ or even most of kara. I would start of with the UB/SP and stuff there and go on.. you can grind out some nice badges in those easier ones.

But i think it was mentioned grind for the SSO shield, the neck.. overrated imo but its not bad at all.. I would say your next upgrade could be the belt.. it does look like its the weakest part in your gear atm. I would also try to get the back out of SV.. its definally a nice all around good tanking back. Make sure you enchant your gear tho.. it does make a differance

Other then that when i started tanking kara i was in blues and t3 60 gear.. but what i find is once you get up to curator things begin to hit that much harder.. i would just try to get as many solid ups as you can get.. i wouldn't stress to much about it tho man in a month wotlk drops and the fun starts all over again :D

I really only have about 10 days of in game playing time before WoTLK hits so I am looking for what the best upgrades for leveling to 80 prot, as well as trying to decide on a good spec for my gear level.