View Full Version : A little help
09-30-2008, 09:45 AM
I just hit 70 a few days ago and I went mostly by a posting here to get geared to do heroics and maybe OT in kara for my guild. I attempted my first heroic last night and it wasn't good. Long story short I could use some help on finding new gear or what heroics I could do geared with some slight gear improvements. Here is a link to my armory page The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Khumar)
any help would be greatly appreciated.
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Heroic SP was my easiest heroic. Do the ones you know well, because knowing each pull is vastly more important than having great gear. Stay the hell away from Shadow Labs, Crypts, or Shattered Halls. Grind your Aldor and SSO reputation for the Chest, neck, sword, and shield. OT Kara (you can do it).
09-30-2008, 09:52 AM
My suggestion, go to White Castle...hehe j/k
Which heroic did you run?
Some spec suggestions, get 5/5 Cruelty. The 5% crit is nice for threat. Imp. Defensive Stance is useless except for some fights such as Kael, Illidan, Mother Shaz, etc where spell damage really plays a part in the damage you're taking. Get rid of the points in Tactical Mastery. You'll nearly always be in D-Stance except when you're stance dancing fears. Pickup Last Stand. It's a nice 'oh shit' thing to have.
Personally, I would go with this spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Li0czZVZbEtkI0zcxst)
As your gear improves, gemming for defense isn't as needed when you're over 490 defense, though still helpful of course. Instead of Strength enchants, go with Stamina and for the gloves 2% threat helps. Don't forget to enchant the rest of your gear when better gear comes along.
Just my quick 2 pennies.
09-30-2008, 10:02 AM
wow that was really fast, thanks guys. the heroic i did last night was SP and we made it to the room the last boss is in but didnt get a chance to try him out but im sure it wouldnt have gone well. but yes thank you very much for the help.
10-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Maybe these two links here might help you:
Pre-Karazhan Gear Guide | Tank like a girl (http://www.tanklikeagirl.com/2008/06/23/pre-karazhan-gear-guide/)
Heroics order, part I: the easy ones | Tank like a girl (http://www.tanklikeagirl.com/2008/08/16/heroics-order-part-i-the-easy-ones/)
Those are two guides I wrote up for people fresh at 70, so maybe you can get some value out of them. :)
10-07-2008, 08:57 AM
I've done some work on my gear, I've taken some suggestions worked on my gear with rep and also run a few heroics (nothing good has dropped for me), i was even able to OT kara last weekend and i got some drops there. my question is should i be dropping the def gems now that im way over cap and well into 500 and work on getting more stam gems, and also what lvl of heroics should i be running or does my lack of hp keep me running the 'easy' ones? heres the armory page again The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Khumar)
I'd be picking up as many +12 stam gems as you can while still staying near/above 490. Grats on your new pieces.
10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
- Do a couple more normal BM runs and get Keepers of Time Revered. Glyph of the Defender is a good and easy to get helm enchant.
- For your gear level, I like Devilshark cape a bit better Devilshark Cape - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27804). Regardless, I'd recommend a +12 dodge, or 120 armor enchant, your choice
- Replace the gems in your shoulders with stamina gems, preferably +12 stam
- Enchant your chest with Major Health
- Replace the +12 Strength enchant with +12 Stamina (Fortitude). Post-3.0 i'd still go +12 stam for your gear.
- Look into the agility enchant on your weapon if you cant afford mongoose, it's not bad.
- Consider replacing your ranged weapon, whether or not Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32756) is worth the investment this close to WotLK is debatable.
- Replace all the gems in your legs with +12 stamina, +4 defense/+6 stam and +4 dodge/+6 stam. Clefthide Leg Armor - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29534) armor kit is nice if you can afford it, if not then slap a +10 stam armor kit on them.
- Same with your gloves, and either a 240 armor kit or +15 agi is what I'd recommend.
Aside from those things, you are in very similar gear to what I had back in the day when we first started running heroics. Stick with it and hope that info was helpful
You might also want to look into getting the S2 shield, and possibly replacing your shoulders with the S2 shoulders. Armor/Stamina at your gear level go a long way; both are very easy to get now even if the horde is beyond horrible in your battlegroup like it is in Nightfail. :P
10-07-2008, 03:27 PM
wow, thank you very much for the info, very very helpful on where to go from where im at, one more thing tho, for my bracers should i spend the badges on Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx or should i take the time to farm up the mats for Bracers of the Green Fortress and save my badges for a new body piece?
10-08-2008, 05:28 AM
I would say go for the Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx, there easy to get and add 12 stam on them.
Keep your chest but change the enchant on it to (Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats). That will add +6 to ALL stats... agi, def, str etc etc
Then that chest will work fine until you reach further.
10-08-2008, 05:36 AM
Devilshark Cape is an awesome tanking cloak, just throwing that out there to emphasise how good it is.
SSO rep is very easy to grind so make sure to do dailies. Aldor rep will come in time.
Stamina is worth alot at the start.