PDA

View Full Version : Care to help me make my warrior become my main

Indiarne
09-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Hi,

Im growing tired of healing with my priest, and Im planning to make my warr my main choice for wotlk. Since i only have played BGs on and off with this toon, and about 10 arenagames with my irl lock-friend the gear may be a bit "wrong" for tanking.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Indiarne)

What should i begin with in terms of gear and dungeons? Shall i do some of the lower normal dungeons (BF, Auchenai Crypts etc) just to get the hang of tanking? Guess its better to do mistakes there or perhaps it doesnt matter since a wipe is always a wipe i guess. What should i do with my gear? If you look att my armory my resilience is pretty OK (351 ) and my HP is about 13,3k unbuffed, but my avoidance could be better. Feels awkward to farm normal instances though for blue tanking gear with lower stam, but feel free to point me in any direction on where to start.

Thanks a bunch

/Indiarne

Optimoos
09-29-2008, 10:55 PM
While you may want to start in some regular instance runs to get the hang of tanking, by no means should you feel limited to them by your gear. Your low avoidance will be painful against some of the harder hitting Kara bosses, mainly Nightbane and Prince, but you are uncrittable and shield block uncrushable so there is no reason to not try. I would say with appropriate group makeup, you should be able to tank any heroic as well.

What I really wonder is how much you want to accomplish before the release of WotLK, and how much can wait until after. If you're not going to do much serious tanking before Wrath, then you can stick with your current gear and use it to tank instances while leveling to 80. If you are interested in tanking now, then start farming badges to replace some of that pvp gear with badge gear, and badge farming means Kara runs and heroics so you're sure to get some drops there as well.

If you are seriously going to move into tanking fulltime with that gear, then you might want to take a look at your gems. I might also recommend as PVP gear is heavy on stamina but light on avoidance that you go against the effective health theory of gemming pure +stam gems and throw some dodge gems in there to help yourself out. This really depends on where you're going to go as a tank, and who you're taking. Going to run kara with a bunch of well geared guild healers? Just stick with your current gear until you can start replacing stuff with drops / badge items.

Not much else to say, but have fun tanking!

Indiarne
09-30-2008, 01:53 AM
Thanks for your reply and you made some good pointers.

Regarding what to accomplish before wotlk, perhaps its not that important to gather gear now since the expansion is near. Perhaps its better to get a feel for positioning, what to do if dps draws aggro due to traps being resisted etc, building/maintaining threat, multimob tanking and so forth. Dont know if the new talents and buffs/nerfs will result in different threat cycles and playstyle in wotlk, or if it will remain practically the same? From what i understand multi-mob tanking is going to be a bit different from what it was in TBC.

And spend gold on gems is perhaps not as important as leveling up my Blacksmithing and mining to 375, this powerleveling im doing now is quite expensive =)

I think ill try some normal instances first and get a feel for it. If it results in complete chaos and failure, ill stick to learning tanking normal instances. Then when im ready, try some of the heroic ones and hopefully by then wotlk is out =)

Thanks

/Indi