PDA

View Full Version : WoTLK Spel Reflect Macro

Tension
09-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Greetings! First time poster ^^

After playing around with my DK I decided to go back to ol' faithful and realized my spell reflect macro works a little differently.

I use

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Battle Stance
/stopmacro [equipped: shields]
/equip [noequipped:Shields] Savage Gladiator's Shield Wall
/equip Savage Gladiator's Pummeler

On live (obviously with the weapons I have there.) when i hit this macro it will equip my 1h/shield with 1 button press, switch to battle than spell reflect.

Now when I hit it on beta it equips my 1h and goes into battle stance, a second press will equip my shield, and the third press will spell reflect. Now I know this isn't a HUUUGE deal but it just feels weird and I've noticed on very rare occasions I can sometimes miss the reflect due to dropping combat(or latency or whatever) and losing the rage I need. This happens very rarely but I do not like it when it does. Is there a new reflect macro or should I just suck it up and deal with it?

Thanks!

Bloodwraith
09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
This seemed to work for me:

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/equip [modifier:ctrl] Savage Gladiator's Greatsword
/equip Savage Gladiator's Shield Wall
/equipslot 16 Savage Gladiator's Slicer

I just tested it. I was testing it with Titan's grip so whenever I use ctrl it leaves the shield on.

Tension
09-28-2008, 11:44 AM
IT WORKS! Thanks ;X

*off topic*! I haven't tried TG since they changed it to -hit rating... and due to the fact that they give you 54 hit on beta..... It just seems too unreliable to me. If you do manage to hit your target they will get destroyed.... but you have the chance to just miss a lot of attacks and ultimately screw yourself.

I imagine at 80 with epic gear things will change and tg warriors will have to direct all their focus on + hit gear/gems(for pvp) instead of the strength/crit we are used too(which is blizzards intent I believe.) Will it even be possible to get a hit rating to make up for the hit loss? It is just hard for me to imagine TG doing well when you have the chance to completely miss important abilities. They should make a second warrior arena set that itemizies for +hit or something. Sorry if I totally spun this topic around!

Bloodwraith
09-28-2008, 12:27 PM
I tried TG and with the PvP set they give you, you can go on long miss streaks. It would probably be more viable to go arms until you can get a ton of hit somewhere.

I'm hoping they lessen the penalty for TG. Even if they did make a second set, I think the hit they would have to use while budgeting the item would gimp all of the other stats :(

Tension
09-28-2008, 01:50 PM
I think the hit they would have to use while budgeting the item would gimp all of the other stats :(

I think that is their intent. I thought i remembered reading a blue somewhere that TG is such a huge dps increase that you have to sacrifice somewhere. So while arms warriors are going to be rolling out with tons of + strength/crit gems gear whatever, tg warriors will be using mostly + hit stuff so they can be a lot closer together in damage.

Berin
10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Pretty sure you could get the weapon/shield swap to one press if you swap the order of the sword and shield equip. The way it's working currently, it will try to equip the shield first which will result in a "I cannot use that" type error, then you equip the weapon immediately after.

Ukyo
10-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Pretty sure you could get the weapon/shield swap to one press if you swap the order of the sword and shield equip. The way it's working currently, it will try to equip the shield first which will result in a "I cannot use that" type error, then you equip the weapon immediately after.

I'm guessing that's going to change for fury warriors using Titan grip, thus making it easy to use spell reflect... i guess... xD