PDA

View Full Version : New Tank: Gear Check - Advice VERY much apprec

blahism
09-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Last week i finally re-specd from Fury to PROT and have been going back and re-doing many of the instances as tank (all the auchindown stuff) and just wanted to ping all you tank'sperts and see if i'm on the right track with gearing.

Armory Link:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tanaris&n=Blahism)

According to the def/resliance rating i'm finally uncritable.. is this a good base to start working on heroics and or kara?

I've gotten my BS up and built my current chest piece (purple) and also just about to finish the grind for being able to afford to get my tankatronic goggles and the nice gun i can build at 375.

Working on Shadow labs mostly to get the last drop from murmur (the belt) and get honor points for running until revered

Tobius
09-28-2008, 07:27 AM
You're probably just about ok for some of the early heroics, but you have a bit to go still until you are ready for the later heroics and 10 mans.

For an indication of what level you are at gear wise take a look at: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warrior-reference/37020-raid-zone-minimums.html

You have some upgrades available pre-heroic atm that you might want to consider, eg.
Strength of the Untamed From CE Rep
Flesh Beast's Metal Greaves From MT quest
Wind Trader's Band Netherstom quest
Protector's Mark of the Redemption SMV quest

For a more complete list take a look at: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/gear-lists-rankings/31940-polar-s-easy-pre-karazhan-tank-gear-list.html

You might want to have a think about your gems and enchants too.

I reckon if you sort those last few bits out you will be set for most heroics and perhaps Kara too :)

Arrivan
09-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Actually, according to my addition you're still very slightly crittable by level 73s, by 0.07%. You are heading the right way though. Apart from the green ring which you're already wearing, everything Tobius posted is good advice. That last 0.07% will come very easily to you.

I also don't see any plate belts on Murmur's loot table. Did you mean you're working on getting Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard?

Tobius
09-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Apart from the green ring which you're already wearing
Whoops

Arrivan
09-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Whoops

:)

Heh, our servers have the same name.

blahism
09-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Actually, according to my addition you're still very slightly crittable by level 73s, by 0.07%. You are heading the right way though. Apart from the green ring which you're already wearing, everything Tobius posted is good advice. That last 0.07% will come very easily to you.

I also don't see any plate belts on Murmur's loot table. Did you mean you're working on getting Sha'tari Vindicator's Waistguard?

Yeah, he doesn't drop the waistguard, but when i kill him that q is done and your right about crit, some reason i was using the pali calculations. When i run the warrior i need a bit more +def.

Is the Blackout Truncheon a good tank weapon? any good gems for it?

Got it on a drop, but geming it now vs my current 1.60 wpn will lower my def more

blahism
09-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Is this the best script to calculate crit?

(borrowed from wowwiki)

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(5.6-((20+GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL))*.04+G etCombatRatingBonus(CR_CRIT_TAKEN_MELEE)),1,0.5,0)

Arrivan
09-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I don't use anything like that, I just add the percentages in my head :p I think that'd work though.

blahism
09-30-2008, 05:54 AM
I got 2 decent boot drops today, the ones from Botanical and finally from Murmur so that gets rid of my lvl 66's that got me this far :)

Still working away on a good belt.. mostly focusing on doing every instance i can to understand the bosses and fights to try and see about getting in on some easier heroics.

thanks all