PDA

View Full Version : spell reflection shouldn't require a macro

Daavos
09-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I saw this in the beta forums for the arms sugguestion box.

Must admit it make sense to me. I don't see why we have spell that requires a macro to use. Two handed bat reflects should be an option.

Pummel - Spell interrupt/defense that doesn't require a clumsy weaponswap macro. I've tried the whole macro thing with shield bash, and it just doesn't work. An ability also shouldn't require a macro to be functional (a complaint I've had about spell reflect since BC beta by the way.) Pummel is also the more versatile of our two interrupts. It needs to be in battle stance or this experiment fails right out of the gate.

WotLK Beta (US-English) Forums -> Arms Talent Feedback (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10538134777&sid=2000&pageNo=7)

Kazeyonoma
09-26-2008, 04:13 PM
So what, hitting spell reflect should automagically equip a shield in your inventory? Cuz asking that you don't use a shield to reflect the spell is silly when the skill itself is based on a shield (hence the icon). We have interrupts in 2 out of our 3 stances, and we have spell reflected in 2 out of our 3 stances. we'll soon have weapon throw also that silences, I don't see battle stance interrupts being an issue in the future, and changing stances is something that warriors have always used as part of their versatility as a class. I don't agree with this.

Daavos
09-26-2008, 05:39 PM
maybe it should, maybe it shouldn't required a shield.

I can still parry and block if I don't have a weapon or a shield. Why can't spell reflect work with a weapon or a shield? That is if you consider that spell reflect is a type of mitigation.

Armstrong
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Shield Bash works in Battle Stance, btw. ;)

Honestly I'll admit that from a "realism" standpoint, reflecting a spell with a weapon isn't any more of a stretch than reflecting a spell with a shield. Ultimately it's all a question of balance. Stance limitations have been part of the class design since day one, and allows the class to have abilities that would otherwise not be quite as powerful if warriors had access to all of them at any given time.

Whether that's a clunky design or not is a different discussion. But you have to ask yourself, if all PvP warriors pickup tactical mastery and choose to deal with the clunkyness of a stance-dance-equip-shield-spell-reflect macro to use Spell Reflect in PvP, why not review the ability and make it more elegant and fun to use?

I'm not really advocating that it needs to be changed, but I don't really blame the people who feel that the mechanics are overly inconvenient.