PDA

View Full Version : Just wanting to know what i can and can't tank

Krog
09-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Howdy ! I've been stuffing my prot war for about a month or two , go some nice drops ( Grull's Shield for eg ) but i am not sure of what i can and cannot tank ...

Firstly i fell on a tarded leader at Kara , who after 3 wypes at The big Paladin Lady said : the tank isnt good enough ( kinda made me laugh because i only saw my life go down ) :/ guess french heals watch movies while raiding )

Secondly I was really looking on to OffTanking at ZA and why not T5 raids if possible :/

I'm farming Badges for the Chest and Reputation for better shoulder patch ( and aldor chest for the meantime )

Here is the link to my Wow Armory :
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Krog)

Thank you for your Pro 1337 advice ^^

Dunkealme
09-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Once you get that Aldor rep chest i don't see why you shouldn't OT ZA.
I am somewhat new but you have good avoidance and comfortable amount of armor. You cleared kara and gruul, if you are close enough with badges, get the 2.4 badge chest, which you should work for even after you get the Aldor one (if that comes before you have enough badges).

If your guild healer doesn't heal during raids, /gquit and go for better =)

Krog
09-26-2008, 07:52 AM
I'm at around 30 badges so in like two weeks time :D new Chest .

For the lack of heal i was in a supposed RUSH kara group :/ ( but i mean , full pvp cant rush )

Offtanking ZA should be doable , gonna have a try at it tommorow .

Oh and a big question i asked myself ... why do tanking weapons have a big speed instead of big damage ? cause shield slam ect are on global cooldown and not on swings ... I am trying to get kings defender , but appart from stats , i am scared of loosing alot of Threat

NmEnforcer
09-26-2008, 08:49 AM
Do heroic mech for The Sun Eater, or go to SSO rep for the tanking sword you get at revered. Slow weapons aren't very good for tanking warriors. You want something that is like 1.4-1.6 Attack Speed.

Damn, you get the Gruul's Shield and T4 shoulders with a BoE green chest. I hate you. I want those 2 pieces so bad =P.

Definitely get a "tanking" weapon. The King's Defender or even Inuuro's Blade (SSO Blue tanking sword) would be an upgrade.

Isn't there a nice chest that you can get from quests?

You can easily clear Kara with your current gear. Nightbane and Prince might give you a little trouble because your health is a little low, but it really shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe the problem in the Kara group wasn't your mitigation and how you were taking damage, but your threat?

Krog
09-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Im waiting for a KD or SE to drop , and believe me even though i tank with S2 i generate plenty threat for warlocks to chain bolt .

I know the green chest with the T4 and Shield from Grull is LAWL ( btw got shield on first Grull i ever did ^^ )

For mecha hero , downed it 15times , and did the chess event 5 times now . Still waiting for something to drop .

Btw i dont think Inuroo would be an upgrade , because i have gromthor's charge , and well i dont generate enough threat with it , so i switched to S2 axe .

Anyways thanks for replies :)