PDA

View Full Version : Shattrath dps badge gear or sunwell?

Jinpachi
09-25-2008, 09:36 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Jinpachi)

thats the gear im using currently..although i swap out the skyguard trinket for the brewfest mug. Will it be a big upgrade to switch out the s2 helm and shoulders for the amani mask and the shoulders? or should i just keep what i have and get the sunwell legs and chest?

Kaioken
09-25-2008, 10:14 AM
I would definitely keep your S2 helm. For Fury DPS, go with Relentless Earthstorm Diamond as your meta. Take that hit rating gem out of your helm and replace it with Inscribed Noble Topaz. For now, keep your S2 shoulders. Never gem for hit rating.

The main issue I see is that your attack power is low. Your crit is just fine but if you're hitting like a wet noodle you aren't going to get much DPS out of that. I don't know where you are as far as raid progression so I don't know what's available to you, but here's a few suggestions for gear that's easily obtainable:

Get the Guardian's Pendant of Triumph and put a strength gem in it. Get Dory's Embrace from badges OR (if you don't want to spend the badges so soon) get Cloak of Darkness crafted and put +12 agility on it. If you do arena, pick up Brutal Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece. It's gonna easily be the best chest for you to pick up until you pick up Blacksmithing and craft the chestpiece out of Sunwell. If you can't get the Brutal Chest, keep the Netherforce. Put +6 stats on it. Do not get the 2.4 badge chest. I would personally get Furious Deathgrips. You'll lose a little crit but you're gaining a lot of strength which is what you need.

Look up the mats and get a blacksmith to craft Red Belt of Battle. It's easily one of the best belts in the game until T6 off Brutallus. I would go ahead and get the 2.4 badge legs. Your boots are good. You can put either Dexterity or Surefooted on them. Dex will give you a slight DPS edge over Surefooted but if you feel like your hit rating is a bit low go for Surefooted. Angelista's Revenge is an awesome DPS ring that I would highly recommend you get.

Potency on your offhand is a good choice right now, but once your attack power starts scaling you might want to look into getting Mongoose. For your weapons I would just go ahead and get both chicken wings (Vanir's Left and Right fist :p) with Executioner on your main hand. If you are short on badges, you can pick up Breeching Comet out of Heroic MGT to use temporarily, but I'd definitely go for the main hand fist.

Jinpachi
09-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Right now as it stands im pumpin out about 3.5 million dmg total for kara.that is raid buffed,of course,but since everyone is buffed for raids,thats what i use as my litmus test.as far as pvp goes,the brutal chest is out of reach for me,so ill be keeping the netherforce piece..my biggest question really is how long the gear i have will be viable in wotlk, and which piece(s) should i absolutely get first before all others.