PDA

View Full Version : Gbank issues

Garbid
09-24-2008, 08:06 AM
We got quite a large gbank of total 5 tabs which all are 70% full or more.
1 social
2-3 Raiders
4-5 Officers

Some people in the guild have been so unlucky as to have been hacked and that resulted in items gone missing from gbank. Came out worst when me myself got hacked with officer status on my main and two of my alts and basically cleared the whole gbank out. So I thought I'd mention a few cautious rules we've established for safety.

Social player can withdraw 4 items from tab1
Raiders can withdraw 5 items from tab1 and tab2, and 2 items from tab3
Officers can withdraw 10 items from all tabs
Officers alts can not withdraw anything, nor can trialists, non-active or other alts.

As to repairs, we open it up for a few minutes during SWP progress nights during repair breaks and let people repair, then close it back. Leave no space for abusement.

I'm assuming all guilds have some limitation on their gbank, but hopefully open at some part. As I see gbank, items in there are suppose to be used and therefor kept open to some extend. I urge my guildies to use items they can, and even so we have more voids then we have use for, and full of all kinda elixirs, res pots, epic gems and whatnot.

How do you control and limit your gbank access to members ?

Halandir
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
several top guilds on my server had their banks cleared out by someone's account getting hacked... those guilds hadn't placed restrictions on the number of items that could be removed from each tab...

off the top of my head, here's how we run our bank (I'm not GM but an officer)

First of all, the tabs are not visible to every rank, i.e. rank 3 can see the top two tabs, rank 4 can't, etc.
Secondly, the tabs all have limits on how much you can withdraw

My Rank (rank 3, officer--we call it centurion)
from tab 1 can withdraw 0 items per day
from tab 2 can withdraw 2 items per day
from tab 3 can withdraw 4 items per day
from tab 4 can withdraw 6 items per day
from tab 5 can withdraw 8 items per day
from tab 6 can withdraw 10 items per day
from tab 7 can withdraw 12 items per day

something like that. The next rank down (rank 4, veteran) would simply move the right column of numbers down a slot, like so
from tab 1 can withdraw 0 items per day
from tab 2 can withdraw 0 items per day
from tab 3 can withdraw 2 items per day
from tab 4 can withdraw 4 items per day
from tab 5 can withdraw 6 items per day
from tab 6 can withdraw 8 items per day
from tab 7 can withdraw 10 items per day

and so on.

There is no reason whatsoever NOT to institute limits on GB withdrawals. One thing we do with voids, etc is to put the majority of them in tab one or two, and then periodically move a stack down a tab so more people can access it.

We also have rules about taking items from the GB and selling them... that's pretty much an insta-/gkick, though it's hard to detect sometimes it has happened with a few people.

Satrina
09-24-2008, 08:54 AM
I wish they'd put a vendor interface on the guild bank.

Temig
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
I wish they'd put a vendor interface on the guild bank.

I like that idea. Would make life a lot easier for everyone I think.

With regards to the idea of limiting withdrawals - My guild always had this limited to -0- withdrawals for any non-officer. If someone wants something they ask someone online that has access. If there isn't anyone, they can either wait or message someone to ask them to mail whatever they need when they are on. This limits the potential issues but, as always, if a GM or officer gets hacked you're SOL. I think the important thing here is to be safe when on the web, don't get key loggers, and use strong passwords ;)

Halandir
09-24-2008, 09:21 AM
we had an interesting thing happen once when one of our officers got hacked (actually he was rank 2, officers are rank 3)... we figured it out as he logged in and since we couldn't demote him because he was a rank above officer we followed him around spamming the trade button so he couldn't trade stuff to another toon...

interestingly, we noticed that the person he was trying to trade stuff to was a member of a well-known guild on our server, so we made sure stuff hit the fan for that guy...

Alent
09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I would like to point out the person who got hacked, once they get their account back, can petition and have a GM restore the stolen items.

It's happened to my guild a few times and we've always gotten it all back.

Celandro
09-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I want an AH interface on the guild bank so I could toss in excess primal shadows or enchanting mats or whatever and also so I could buy potions direction. Would help immensely

Fayre
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Keeping a close eye on this stuff is the responsibility of any guild leader.

Our guild bank is pretty locked down to regular members, though an officer being hacked could feasibly hurt us a fair bit.

Personally I went out and got an Authenticator for peace of mind.

orcstar
09-25-2008, 02:29 AM
On the authenticator note:

Give only officers with an authenticator access to the guildbank.

(I'm paranoid atm, too much account hacking going on)

Sangi
09-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Yes the petitions work. BUt some things don't have unique IDs and you can't get them back. We lost a lot of primals.

We have a limited system similar to Halandir's. And new recruits (Angel's) stay new recruits for a week and can't see the bank at all. To deal with an officer hack we distribute the items when the bank gets full. All the officers have a specific item type such as primals or ore or cloth that they hold. That way if there is an officer that get's hacked the bank gets emptied but we still have a good supply of items on alts on the other officers.