PDA

View Full Version : Autoblocker or Gloves????

Darath
09-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey guys,

I thought if anyone can help me out it's the Tankspot crowd. :) I've saved up 58 badges for my next piece of badge gear. I was going to buy the gloves for 60 badges hoping they would last me further through WotLK longer than my T4 gloves that I'm currently wearing.

Enter Brewfest.

So, last night I got the coin off of the seasonal boss (yeah for me :) ) and after reading the posts here at tankspot I see that this stacks with the auto blocker. Very cool but now I've got a problem. Should I buy the autoblocker with my badges or get the gloves that I was planning on getting since I now have an autblocker for free?

Here is my armory: Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fenris&n=Darath)

Sorry it still has buffs on from last nights play but currently I am uncrushable and have over 14K hp unbuffed. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do? I"m looking for what will last me the longest and be most effective going forward in Wrath. Thanks guys!

NmEnforcer
09-22-2008, 11:16 AM
I'd say go for the gloves. The trinket is cheaper and you can pick it up later if you want. The gloves are gonna increase your threat more than the SBV will. Plus you have the Commendation already, which is really nice. Pair that up with the Coin or the Moroes trinket and you are good.

I guess if you are planning on leveling prot in the expansion, getting the Autoblocker would be more enticing. But for CURRENT content in LIVE WoW, the gloves will do you more good.

Fayre
09-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Go for the gloves. It's cool that the trinkets stack but it's very situational in the first place. My warrior still hasn't the auto-blocker.

Kazeyonoma
09-22-2008, 08:44 PM
just as a pet peeve, as a warrior you are uncrushable from the day you spec prot, hit level 70, and equip a shield. just press shield block.

uncrittability is achieved at 5.6% crit reduction, which you are way past both from defense, and from the help of resilience in your shoulders.

Personally, to prep for the expansion I'd go with the autoblocker, it's fun, and it's awesome, but that's just me, I was a huge GAB fan when i first hit 70 despite many people on my server calling me an idiot. The gloves will definitely do you a bit better in threat and in stamina, but for avoidance, the t4 trumps it hard. So it depends on you, short term or long term?

Pagezero
09-23-2008, 12:02 AM
The gloves loose a lot of value in a month or so when the 3.0 patch arrives, they loose all the +hit and the fact they don't have defense might be a problem for some folks.

Kossaks
09-23-2008, 09:04 AM
what server do you play kaz because it was like the only peice of gear with decent threat until t5

Dunkealme
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
if you are looking for the autoblocker, why don't you down the brewfest boss for [Coren's Lucky Coin] (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38289)
it has the same exact stats as the autoblocker. With a team of 5 you get to try to down him 5 times a day and you can repeat the quest once a day until the brewfestival is over.
If you get the trinket, you save 41 Badges ;)