PDA

View Full Version : What?! And let you get off a heal?! No way...!

Ghladum
09-21-2008, 11:26 PM
WARNING: WARRIOR PROT PVP DISCUSSION AHEAD. TURN BACK NOW OR YOU'LL LAUGH AT THE OP FOR BEING STUPID.

How about this for an obnoxious interrupt/silencing rotation:

Shield Bash (3 sec silence)
Warbringer Charge (1 sec stun)
Pummel (Interrupt/Spell Lock for 4 sec)
Intercept (3 sec stun)
Heroic Throw (3 sec silence)
Concussion Blow (5 sec stun)
Warbringer Charge (1 sec stun, will be ready again)
Intercept (3 sec stun)
Intimidating Shout (8 second fear)

I'm sure some of the cooldowns aren't dovetailed correctly... however, with our new talents in the Protection tree, it seems we are being allowed to pick up the big stick of NO when it comes to enemy healers asking if it's okay to throw a heal on their comrade. Short and ineffectual heals might sneak through at a couple places, but certainly not much.

Assuming we have dispel support to remove CC, we nullify an enemy healer and bring Improved Spell Reflect along with the damage reduction of Intervene.

With the increase in Prot DPS output (Itemization including Strength/Attack Power), auto-attacking during this rotation should give you enough rage to keep the rotation going. For a Prot build, a couple points in Tactical Mastery for all the stance-dancing would really help also -- after 3/3 Imp Heroic Strike and 5/5 in Deflection, if you're going to be PVPing much, 2 points or more in Tactical Mastery would probably be best, then 2/2 in Impale.

Throw in the fact that with the single talent point in Warbringer, our Charge/Intercept/Intervene all remove movement impairing effects, and we should be pretty damn annoying and persistent little buggers.

Pinger
09-22-2008, 12:18 AM
SB and Pum are no longer on the same CD?

Bloodwraith
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
SB and Pum are no longer on the same CD?

Pummel and Shield Bash share a CD.

Ghladum
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Lordy, I'm such a newb, I didn't know that. Aaaand, I didn't have Shockwave in there, so the OP was indeed an epic fail.

Still, I suppose it would be something like Pummel/Charge/Pummel/Intercept/Pummel/Heroic Throw/Pummel/ Shockwave/ Pummel

/thread