PDA

View Full Version : Handling 2 Handed Weapons

veneretio
09-19-2008, 08:20 AM
A number of loot systems have priority systems so let's assume for the sake of discussion that we've got a priority system inplace that's pretty standard such as:

- Highest Armor class gets priority on Loot
- Main specs > Off specs

With the coming of the Expansion there's now a few classes that'll want 2 handers for their Main spec:

- MS Warriors
- Death Knights
- Ret Paladins
- Fury Warriors

So, should Fury Warriors get equally priority to snag all the 2 handers they want?

Now before you jump to the conclusion of, "Of course"... think about it. There's never been a time when 1 class could effectively take the primary dps weapon of 2 people. It's a completely new situation and from an overall raid standpoint, it appears to be that it may make more sense to give 2 people a weapon to do competitive dps rather than 1 person, 2 weapons to accomplish half of what the opposite situation results in.

So is the solution, Fury Warrior get last dibs? Perhaps, they have regular priority for Main Hand weapons, but less priority if it's something for Offhand? (of course, how this is determined could be a nightmare) Or, should it just continue to stay how things always are, where since they can use it... they can take however many they need?

Tatt
09-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Unless something changes this will be a moot subject. I have yet to see one person comment on titan's grip out damaging prot, let alone arms or another dps class. If the system stays the same, do not expect to see many fury warriors rolling for 2 handers.

Sangi
09-19-2008, 09:02 AM
We take the easy way out. Rather than determining on our own priorities and having to deal with all the little things that may need to be tweaked as we go we use khaliban's loot list for the priorities.

Big plusses for us are that wiser heads than ours have figured this out. It's public where every one can see it. And its part of the guild mechanization that has been talked about on here.

Garbid
09-19-2008, 10:07 AM
As we do it, it's current damage dealers have prio. DK and Titan warriors ain't here yet so don't get prio. It's only leveling weapon to them anyway while still progressing tool for those who are gonna use it now.

But if your talking about WotLK, making Titans take the backseat for others cause "better gear 2 then 1" argument is just gonna break moral.

Good moral > undermining obselete rules.

veneretio
09-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Ya, I'm talking WotLK and let's assume for the sake of discussion that all the classes mentioned will be desirable in a raid.

Tatt
09-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Not so sure it will be an issue with arms warriors and dks...arms warriors already roll on the same weapons as ret pallys, just one mroe class to roll against. As to fury warriors, I can say that I would consider it fair if I was given just as much priority to roll on my FIRST weapon, say cat's edge as an example, but had to wait until all other raiders of an equal level to myself in participation and rank had received theirs to get a second one, not on jsut one particular piece of gear but say over a period of time. Yes I want shiny loots too, but I do not deserve to get twice the opportunities of anyone else.

P.S. I am a fury warrior :)

Gwyndolin
09-19-2008, 10:59 AM
If any counterbalance system stays in place for TG a fury warrior will most likely need both her weapons to be current tier or she would be better off using 1 handers and not having the penalty. It seems that if TG becomes desirable that 1h will be easier to get than 2h (Roll vs Rogue for Swords and Shammy for Axe/Mace vs Arms/Ret/Dk's/Fury for 2h). 2 current tier 1h's will probably outproduce 1 current tier 2h and one old tier 2h.

Inaara
09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
As I am the MT all two handers should be passed on to me for IF posing purposes. Seriously though..... I have no idea how we're going to handle this yet but I believe it will only be a problem in the 25 man setting. After all I can't see stacking those classes for the 10 man raids.

Lore
09-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Assuming you're using a DKP system... DKP will sort out the "one vs two people" thing. The Fury warrior will spend his DKP on one weapon, so the MS warrior, ret pally, and death knight will all have more DKP than him. Now, the only way he can get a second twohander is if all three of those other people either:

a) Contributed/attended less
b) Get their own twohander
c) Get an equivalent amount of other gear
d) (in a non-set value system) Don't want to spend as much DKP

So speaking from a "Who gets the shiny" standpoint, DKP will handle that.

Now for the "best interests of the raid" aspect: I don't think it's going to make a big enough impact on your raid to worry about, unless for some reason you're bringing someone with a twohander that's absolutely terrible. That's probably not going to a common enough occurrence to plan around though.

Shadevarr
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
on a straight priority/roll system let the TG warrior roll as well. Most weapons are unique equipped so he won't be able to pick it up when it drops again. penalizing someone for their spec is a surefire way of losing that guildmate.

Tatt
09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Well since blizzard loves us so much they will make some ZOMG epic 2handers for blacksmith's only and then I don't need to roll against anyone for weapons :)

Andenthal
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Assuming you're using a DKP system... DKP will sort out the "one vs two people" thing.

What Lore said. If you are using any currency or turn based system, it will work itself out.

If not, your guild is likely not concerned about min/maxing anyway, and thus a null argument.