PDA

View Full Version : Operation Immortality (Tablua Rasa)

klor
09-17-2008, 04:31 PM
I dont know if any of you have seen this, but I still randomly get emails from the TR game developers about promotions and such...and I thought this one was actually pretty cool...

https://www.operationimmortality.com/

Here is the email I received and what it said..

"Stephen Colbert is saving humanity by having his DNA digitized and sent into space on the Tabula Rasa Immortality Drive. Now you can join him, and together determine the fate of the entire human race!

This Thursday, Sept 18, 2008, tune into Comedy Central to watch General British, Tabula Rasa’s own Richard Garriott, on “The Colbert Report” discussing Operation Immortality and Stephen Colbert’s ultimate contribution to humanity. And, of course, there is still plenty of time for you to contribute by having your DNA immortalized alongside Stephen’s.

Over the next two weeks, four lucky Tabula Rasa players will be selected to have their own DNA sequenced and recorded on the Tabula Rasa Immortality Drive, which will be stored on the International Space Station when Richard visits in October. But wait, there’s more—when you play the game you will receive an in-game working model of the rocket that will send Stephen’s DNA into space. Pretend you are a Soyuz control center technician and have your own liftoff!" -Tabula Rasa Newsletters

Definately a neat idea and an awesome promotion...even if the game died out :(

Sanelora
09-17-2008, 04:40 PM
sounds like a scam to nick you DNA.

I R in ur space, stealin ur DNA

klor
09-17-2008, 04:41 PM
But atleast the future will be a great place to live... Its gamer's DNA that they are taking...imagine if the whole planet was reborn from that ;)

Sanelora
09-17-2008, 04:44 PM
But atleast the future will be a great place to live... Its gamer's DNA that they are taking...imagine if the whole planet was reborn from that ;)

this is a bad thing.

Galushi
09-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Do you really want an entire planet of "STFU noobz, qq moar."

Sanelora
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Do you really want an entire planet of "STFU noobz, qq moar."

I wuz liek, playen with proetns and i crated blak hoel. soz lol

Dahler
09-24-2008, 01:32 PM
So my immediate thought on this is to wonder why placing humanity's "save game" on the ISS is a good idea? Being in LEO, it has to fight atmospheric drag over time. If humanity is wiped out, ISS will fall only a few years later (not sure exactly how long, but I think Skylab only lasted 5 years without orbital maintenance)

Horacio
09-24-2008, 02:22 PM
But atleast the future will be a great place to live... Its gamer's DNA that they are taking...imagine if the whole planet was reborn from that

So future civilization will be comprised of pasty fat dudes who subsist on cheetoes and hot pockets whilst dwelling in thier mother's basements?

No.

I like how they're all serious about this and their forum is Comedy Central.