PDA

View Full Version : Pls Rate My Gear

Droog
09-16-2008, 08:44 AM
All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hydraxis&n=Droog)

My guild is just starting to run Kara.

Droog

NmEnforcer
09-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Not bad for starting Kara!! You will be good up to chess. (Shade and Chess don't require a tank though).

Hold on the the enchanted adamantite stuff for arc resist (great on Curator and the second boss in Magisters Terrace).

I would recommend that you get Girdle of the Fearless as your first badge item, but that would change based on drops you get.

Run regular magisters terrace a few time to go for the Ranged weapon. It's a dagger with hit, expertise, and stamina. It is my last non-epic piece (although having PvP shoulders still makes me unhappy =(...)

Its hard to give gear a rating, because there are so many different levels of gear. You can say that someone has like a 5 out of 10 on gear in full epics because stuff in BT/Hyjal/Sunwell is way better.

Anyways, you are definitely ready for Karazhan. Run some Heroic Mechanar for The Sun Eater, get that thrown weapon in reg MGT and you will gain a lot of threat.

It's fairly easy to get a decent set of gear to take the hits, the problem with the early stuff is that you gotta focus so much on +def and +stam that you don't get a lot of threat stuff.

Tatt
09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
For threat wouldn't the SSO rep sword outdo Sun Eater? A. It has threat stats instead of avoidance stats. B. You do not have to potentially run H mech a bajillion times to get it.

NmEnforcer
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I would say that Inuuro's Blade is definitely better than the axe from Shadowmoon Valley, but better than The Sun Eater? I don't know. For threat it probably is...but the avoidance is nice and...to be honest... the SSO threat sword is THE lamest looking level 70 weapon that isn't gray. And IMO, The Sun Eater is one of the coolest.