PDA

View Full Version : What now?

NmEnforcer
09-11-2008, 08:52 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bleeding+Hollow&n=Disoteka)

Yesterday I finally got my Commendation!! After about 15-20 runs I got it!!!! I also picked up the Pocket Watch from Moroes. I lost some defense, but I hit 75 badges and boosted it back up with the Girdle of the Fearless.

I am pretty happy with my gear. I am working on leveling my engineering to 375 so I can make the epic gun, slap a 15 stam gem in that and then upgrade my other gems to 15 stam and ill be close to 16k HP, I think.

I'm unsure what is worth it though. I don't really think spending the money and/or time to make the gun is worth losing all the hit and expertise I got. I'd really be getting it just so I could have "all epics."

Anyways... my only problem piece is my shoulders. I run Kara once a week. I run H Sethekk whenever I can find a group... And I have never killed anything in ZA (done some wiping). My gear has come a long way since my last try in there, though. I also try running Gruul's once a week, for the possible shield upgrade, too...but haven't had any luck.

Shoulders were also the bane of my mage. Who is rocking S2. I own the S2 shoulders on my warrior, but I have the gemmed for PvP. Is there some shoulder upgrade I am missing? Is there other stuff I can easily upgrade? Are the 100 Badge pants or the tanking gloves worth spending the badges on?

Lionides
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Well as far as I can see for the content your tanking your gear is fine . The problem will come moving into new content .

As for the gun , as far as stam ranged weapons go for a tank there is about no comparison apart from legion killer and rifle of the stoic gardian that drops in BT unless you wanna give the S3 or 4 throwing axes a go .( which is what I do on trash or threat fights ) .

As for shoulder upgrades ...... that seems to be most classes' hard to get whilst in T4 content . The best upgrade on shoulders at your current content is the T4 ones that drop from HKM in Gruul's lair .

The 100 badges pants are better than those that drop in BT ....so you decide :P and yes the gloves are really nice unless you wanna keep the T4 first set bonus which I opted for cause I liked it :) , but if you are going to replace the pants and you are unlucky on the shoulders then you might aswell chance the gloves aswell.

Hope this helps .

NmEnforcer
09-12-2008, 06:10 AM
It sure does!

I think I'll just keep playing and see what happens. If I happen to get 100 badges, I might pick up the gloves or pants. I might pick up the Gnomeragan Auto Blocker for the expansion.

I kinda wanted to start picking up some Fury gear, to help me level faster in the xpac. I need to get a second 2H weapon. I had the Despair (awful IMO), but I vendored it.

I got on last night to try and find a Gruul's run, nothing going on. The last one I got into they said the shield from Gruul was promised to someone, so I bailed. That's the other slot I'd like to upgrade. The SSO shield is pretty damn good, but I just feel like a scrub using it.

Also, I have the T4 helm and leggings tokens sitting in the bank. I think that the stuff I have is better. The T4 legs have no slots so i would lose a lot of stamina for a little bit of dodge and defense. And the engineering goggles are definitely > T4 helm. And I also have the DPS version. Heh. I guess I could turn in the T4 legs for the DPS ones, but I have S1 points, and I am going to be picking up the S3 pants after next Tuesday which are definitely better than T4.

I actually got into ZA last night. I did pretty good, but all we did was trash. They had a pally tank for awhile and he dipped so they asked me to go. Heading to the dragonhawk boss.... I knew we weren't going to get him down...we didn't even get to him.

I think my gear is ready to MT ZA, but maybe not the whole instance.

Ugh... I guess I should just farm gold so I'll be ready for the expansion.

protonly
09-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Might consider just buying the gun instead of leveling engineering to 375. There really isn't anything at 375 that is worth it, imho.

I have the nightbane shield and it does sadden me that I replaced it with that dawnforged one. For me personally, Nightbane meant an awful lot to tank and kill so replacing the shield was a hard one.

Can't blame you for ditching a group after hearing about "promised loot." I do that myself :) If you're a pugger like me, then you pretty much live in kara/za/heroics with the occasional gruul's. Your gear is fine for that stuff. za has a lot of great items (that look cool too) so keep plugging away at za. Keep farming kara and you'll end up better geared that a lot of T5 raiders :P

NmEnforcer
09-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I kinda want to get Engineering up just for the expansion, it might be cheaper to level it later though (after expac).

I haven't had the NB shield drop yet, but I'm considering taking/using it just so I am not using the wellfare. The epic Sha'tar shield isn't nearly as good and looks REALLY boring though.

I just want upgraded shoulders =(

Churles
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
If you can kill one boss in za before the timer (bear is probably your best shot,) you have a shot at getting Pauldrons of Stone Resolve - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33481).

NmEnforcer
09-15-2008, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I am pretty sure I can handle tanking in ZA as well. I just don't really feel like bothering much anymore to be honest. I think I will do Kara once a week and the occasional heroic and just hope for a drop. It might be an upgrade to just by the plate DPS shoulders. *shrug*

In other news, I just transfered my paladin over from Kargath because they opened PvE to PvP transfers!!!!

This is really exciting, becaues I thought I had "lost" 2 of my 70s due to PvE server. I am working on getting the S2 Healing mace... with that and +81 healing I will hit like.... 1600-1700 +heal. Not too bad of a healing set. I also have a pretty solid prot set up. I need to do a few Black Morass runs and then I'll be revered which gives me a new weapon, new leggings, and the helm enchant. Also putting me over 490 defense. Then I will probably go prot and start in normals (girlfriend and RL friend just got to 70....if I am gonna have to tank this stuff...I may as well get something out of it!)

I don't fully understand the math for uncrushable, but I will read up on it tonight and keep it in mind while I am gearing. I am really excited about paladin tanking though.