PDA

View Full Version : Gear ok for ZA?

Noc
09-10-2008, 04:10 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bladefist&n=Noc)

I went into ZA last night for the first time and it seems like we had a really rough time of it. I have my avoidance trinkets on atm moment. Buffed I was at over 17khp.

The Pally healer was having a hard time keeping me up on the last trash pull before the bear boss, though I think he was throwing his small quicker heals early on and just wasn't keeping up with the damage I was taking. We eventually got past that pull and wiped on the boss a couple times. I seemed to be doing ok on Troll, Druid tank on bear phase. Last attempt we had him at 36% before druid went down. His trash reset and we called it.

I know the waist piece needs to go, 4 badges from Girdle of the Fearless, and I'll probably regem a little after I get it. Working on T4 gloves/shoulders and helm and Gruuls shield, just waiting for them to drop...

Lionides
09-10-2008, 04:25 AM
Well tbh I wouldnt let you MT past the fist 2 bosses ( pvp gear and blues needs to go )

Secondly , you have 28 def rat to loose , what I personally would do is gem all red slots with dodge and all other with max stam gems , forget socket bonusses for now as I have a feeling that Effective health is your main problem atm .

The def rat enchants on chest and cloak needs to be replaced by dodge on cloak and health or 6 stats on chest imo .

Personally I feel that you have way to many kara runs needed before you and your healers are gonna be confident stepping into ZA as I tanked ZA with full kara gear and still had first and second boss wipe nights .

Get all the badge gear you can asap and run heroic Mgt as much as possible untill that trinket drops off the 3rd boss ( Darkmoon Card : Vengeance is a substitute but not ideal ) .

Order of badge upgrades imo are : 1) New belt , 2) New leggings , 3) new ring , 4) Old badge vendor Bracers , 5) old badge vendor GAB trinket .

Hope this helps :)

madocks
09-10-2008, 04:27 AM
Personally I prefer to stack stam when gemming, your leg and gun crit gems arent too hot. I would replace those for 12 stam asap.

I would also get a 12 stam enchant on boots, bracers and chuck a 12 stam gem in bracers too

Your shoulder gem i would replace to stam also

Your hands too

From a rough calculation you can gain almost 700hp from regemming and re-enchanting. Which takes you closer to 18k HP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for trash - how many healers did u have?

Did you use 2 mages for the cc?

Did you split up[ the bears to stop their debuffs stacking?

If you didnt have mages did you use a lock to fear or perhaps trap?

Was thunderclap applied at all times?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For bear boss...

Are your healers split up to prevent silence at same time

Are you keeping up Thunderclap for the druid and comm shout?

Is a hunter doing his shot to reduce dmg?

Get some stoneshield pots, they mitigate damage lovely. Perhaps the paladin into tank grp for the armour aura? A shaman for grace of air, lots of dodge gained.

Noc
09-10-2008, 04:57 AM
The +def is largely a result of not re-tweaking after some gear changes. I usually use Commander Badge from Netherwing which is +45 stamina, but swapped it out in place of Dabiri's Enigma. That drops my back to 506 def, but still allows me to regem for -16 def. Point taken on the crit gems, they were just gems I had in the bank from H Mech... I'll regem them.

I know the S1 shoulders need to go, I need to see the token drop...acknowledged that in OP.

I was using stoneshield pots. Yes on Command Shout and TC. Don't know about the Hunter. We had 2 locks, they were fearing. Yes, split the bears up...

Thanks for the all the feedback.