PDA

View Full Version : What meta gem?

Inkompetent
09-09-2008, 04:47 AM
Greetings!

I'm just about to finally get my S2 helmet (been waiting with upgrading S1 in favour of S4 non-set epics), but I'm still unsure of what meta gem to use.

The Arena I do play is at the moment only 2v2 together with a warrior, but I'm pondering to give it a try with a rogue or enhancement shaman as well.

I'm a holydin, so the alternatives for me ought to be Destructive Skyfire Diamond, Insightful Earthstorm Diamond or Mystical Skyfire Diamond.

The Mystical Skyfire Diamond. has its obvious bonus of giving 320 spell haste, and do that quite often. Quite reliable gem and handy in tight situations against 2x dps teams, but otherwise more or less a waste.

A general problem for holydins are always mana. I can't even remotely compare to a priest, druid or shaman in endurance in my healing since they can heal more or less constantly and barely lose any mana at all. The Insightful Earthstorm Diamond would be quite handy in longer fights, or fights that include mana-draining, but it's quite useless in shorter fights. +12 Intellect isn't much to cheer for and the proc doesn't come to its right.

Lastly we have the quite random Destructive Skyfire Diamond. Spell crit is nice, and the spell reflect can turn the tide of a battle. However with its fairly low proc rate and complete randomness it's 100% about luck. Still, it procs once in a while, and tend to take people by surprise.

What do you suggest I go for?

Arrivan
09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Welcome! This has to be the first holy paladin post I've seen here, but I'm certain someone here can help you out. I play a holy paladin as my alt but I only PVE on him so that's all my opinion would be good for. However, I do like the Mystical Skyfire Diamond because fractions of a second can mean the difference between life and death (and that has happened to me on several occasions in PVE for me :()

Inkompetent
09-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Well, I figured that even a warrior-dense place like this might either hold people that play or have played holydins, and if nothing else I bet many PvP and might have experiences in what is prefered for their team mate for best success :)

And yeah, I'm aiming at 100 spell haste at the moment. Once I get the PvP trinket with +spell haste I'll pretty much be there. That'll be a 0.1 second faster Flash of Light. With the proc of the Mystical Skyfire Diamond it'd be down at 1.08 seconds cast time, which is lightning fast.

Pizzashark
10-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Insightful's the way to go. The MP regen gained from it is huge, though I suppose it'll be less of a deal once you get Divine Plea.