PDA

View Full Version : Will this Boss wipe us?

Sunderhorn
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I've been snooping around a few forums lately, even the official forums [though I try to avoid that...I can just feel the stupid seeping into me], and I see alot of people complaining about PuGs.

Having pugged a fair bit, I thought I'd share some things I've learned about Bosses in 5-mans; basically, how you can tell if your group is going to wipe on a given Boss.

3 warning signs that a Boss is about to hand you your ass:

Sign #1 - Somebody says "So, does everybody know the trick to this guy?". This usually involves some inane premise, like the healer tanking the boss, is based off an expoit, and is irrelevant since it was fixed in a patch 6 months ago.

Sign #2 - You spend more then 10 seconds discussing a strategy. The number of strategies being discussed is generally equal to the number of classes in the party...plus one, somehow. This is even more fatal when combined with sign #1.

Sign #3 - Someone other than the tank pulls. This one can be brutal, especially when it takes place during a Sign #2 about Sign#1. In defense of the DPSr who pulled [and it's ALWAYS a DPSr], they were about to fall asleep, since they're pretty sure they can solo the entire instance, and only brought the rest of you along to document their epic awesomeness.

Please note that these are my experiences...your results may vary. Slightly.

PuG on!

adenosine
09-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Sign #1 - Somebody says "So, does everybody know the trick to this guy?".

I say this all the time.

The difference is I follow it up with something obvious like 'stay out of the fire' or 'kill the adds' or 'don't kill people if you get a debuff' or 'run away when he's chargin' his lazer'.

I'd stop saying stuff like that, but I swear any time I don't point out the painfully obvious strategy somebody messes it up.

Thgil
09-09-2008, 12:38 PM
My number one warning sign (usually of a baught character, which always is trouble).

Use abreviations for a commonly used ability. For example, everyone and their mom knows that If I tell a hunter to MD, i tell him to missdirect. When a hunter asks back "whats that mean." Im in trouble...

Rabidwombat
09-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh! Oh! I have one....

After asking a party member to [choose one: misdirect, tremor totem, soul-stone, health-stone, etc] he or she replies with "oh, I never bought that skill. I really don't see the point of it and I was broke at the time."

Kazeyonoma
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
wow wombat... that's pretty bad.

And i still love the signature. i'm an avid MTG player =P

klor
09-19-2008, 09:08 AM
My favorite was when we did a trade channel BT the other night...and someone asked in vent... "Where is BT?"