PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer

bosephus
09-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Warhammer is supposed to debut on September 18. Any plans for coverage of the tanks there? From what I've read, there looks to be some interesting play style available.

Lore
09-06-2008, 09:52 PM
A couple of us snagged some free open beta keys and are going to give it a look. Personally, I'm too excited for Wrath to get myself involved in another MMO at the moment.

Thgil
09-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I think that all other MMOs know that they need to have one hell of a early game to snag players to forget about WotLK... If they fail in making you turn your back from wow forever in the short time they have you between now and WotLK, they loose, and they KNOW it.

Nez
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I played the beta for a few hours this weekend. I was less than impressed.

/unistalled

Kazeyonoma
09-08-2008, 04:56 PM
yeh, i'm finding that these "WoW killer" mmo's just simply don't hold up to Blizzard's masterpiece. I mean there is a reason why WoW has 10million subscribers, something that NO mmo ever even came close to prior.

Rak
09-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't get it because the first few hours of Warhammer strike me as, by far, the best MMO experience I've had. I find it odd every time someone criticizes the initial few hours.

protonly
09-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I had beta for Warhammer and I gotta say ... I was VERY unimpressed. This game will flop and flop hard. The graphics -- totally cranked up -- were shitty. The graphics alone will keep me in WoW over Warhammer. I was expecting something a lot more stunning than something -- at best -- on par with WoWs graphics. The game play was neat but I couldn't get past the horrible graphics. After playing some of the latest PC games and PS3 games, I was honestly expecting something on par with the detail I experienced there and it was nothing close. I should have known from the horrible screenies on the official website but I was hoping...

Kazeyonoma
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
well, no, i haven't tried warhammer, so i can't input on it specifically, i just see a trend is all. I'd try it if I had the time but I don't =(

Sharlos
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
The only appeal WAR has for me is the concept of the warrior-priest's melee-to-heal concept that would never get implemented in WoW

Lore
09-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I finally got the beta installed and patched yesterday, had about 30 minutes to mess with it. So far it's ugly, the UI is confusing (seems to be a whole lot of "Let's do this different just to be different" going on there), and the animations blow (dwarves do the whole "really slow run animation so they kinda slide along the floor" thing that drives me completely nuts).

I'm gonna play around with it some more today sometime, hopefully get some more time to really poke around with it.

Inaara
09-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I beta tested warhammer for months. It will not live up to it's expectations and is being released waaaay too early. The gameplay is shoddy, melee combat isn't fluid. The biggest problem I have with he game? Tanking is BORING as hell.