PDA

View Full Version : Just got to outlands, yet the mage does more tps

Igshealiden
09-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I went down in HFC ramps, or ramparts for short. I went in there and it was awesome. All up til that point just before the second pat with 2 dogs and a beast tamer. The mage and the shadow priest were both fighting over agro he was just bouncing back and forth

i had devo aura, Kings, righteous fury, avenger shield pull, consecration, holy shield all up at once theyre my best stuff

yet i couldnt hold the agro of the one elite i was targeting
how do i improve my tps without losing my health
Igshealiden

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?n=Igshealiden&r=Antonidas)

Igshealiden
09-05-2008, 06:27 PM
oh also im curious about whether to not to use a mithril spike or a stam enchant on my new shield for the mean time thanks

Lore
09-05-2008, 06:56 PM
If DPS can't pull aggro off of you, they're doing it wrong. That goes for even the best tanks.

For the time being I'd recommend a shield spike. However, your biggest bet towards getting more threat is simply to level up :P At level 57 you're not likely to make an excellent tank for Outlands instances.

Igshealiden
09-06-2008, 09:09 AM
yeah that data is outdated i was 59 at the time

Fayre
09-06-2008, 04:34 PM
i had devo aura, Kings, righteous fury, avenger shield pull, consecration, holy shield all up at once

What seals / judgements are you using, and when?

Igshealiden
09-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I was either seal of Wisdom or light, at the time depending on the situation , mostly wisdom to keep up with everyone

Arvandor
09-07-2008, 12:19 AM
There must be something about early OL quest rewards that makes DPS classes throw out more TPS than tanks.

I remember running ramps once (at about 62), and there was a warlock that kept pulling aggro from me (I think the bastard was doting mobs that weren't the main target... I'm not a damn Paladin). Anyways, on one such side-pull, I feral charged, popped off a mangle + maul, BOTH of them critted, and I thought "Wow, crit mangle+maul, the mob is mine." I was wrong. It stayed on the lock. WTF?

After I hit 66 and got Lacerate... No more threat problems =) It's amazing. Kind of facerolly, but still amazing.

Fayre
09-07-2008, 04:58 AM
I was either seal of Wisdom or light, at the time depending on the situation , mostly wisdom to keep up with everyone

Right that's what you're doing wrong. Those seals are great for soloing, but in a group you need to be using Seal of Righteousness for extra threat. Judge that, or if its a mob that will last a while, judge Crusader (for even more threat) or Wisdom (for mana regen if you're going OOM fast) first. Also consider using Blessing of Sanctuary and / or Retribution Aura.

Igshealiden
09-07-2008, 11:32 AM
If i use righteousness wouldnt that make it ackward to keep spamming concentration and holy shield. Plus i never really got judgeing crusader it reduces the dmg on my mace skills

xenogriff
09-07-2008, 05:38 PM
well the one thing i can tell you, u definitely need more spell damage. 24 spell damage is definitely not enough as a lot of a paladin's threat is generated by holy spells. theres a guide here somewhere about paladin tanking, forget where the link is but search for it and it should help u out