PDA

View Full Version : who should be my OT for kara?

Turelliax
09-05-2008, 06:30 AM
so we are going to Kara this weekend and I ahve 2 other tanks in the guild who have been gearing up to tank. One a pally and one a druid. Since i spend so much time reearching my own stats I honestly don't know much about druid tanks and Pally tanks and what is considered best for them.

this is the Druid: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&n=Brozak)

this is the pally: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&n=Ainamaethor)

I know they have tanked some instances and done pretty well but I am not sure if they are ready to Ot for me in KAra on saturday. Can I get some honest opinions and maybe some idea of what kara min stats for OTing should be for them?

Thank you.

Bonerot
09-05-2008, 06:41 AM
The Paladin has put in a lot of effort to get tanking gear pre-kara is ready for tanking in Kara as an OT/Trash tank.

The druid isn't wearing a tanking set and didn't even bother to get the most important tanking talent for a new feral tank so I'd leave him at home. He obviously has not done any research.

Turelliax
09-05-2008, 06:44 AM
thanks Bone I was talking to the pally and they mad a comment that they weren't uncrushable so they weren't sure if they could OT yet.

the druid... I have no idea what he is doing half the time and he wants to need on anything that is druid related.

I will talk to the pally again tonight as I thought his stats seemed ok as long as he wasn't MTing bosses.

Shortypop
09-05-2008, 06:47 AM
If my maths is right he's about a percent short of uncrushable, which I would think would be fixed by Kings :)

edit: 5+6.28+19.04+17.89+18.51=67.72 + 35 = 101.72

Galushi
09-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Or even using Elixir of major agility would give them another percent or so dodge, closing that gap.

Bonerot
09-05-2008, 06:55 AM
The druid isn't even uncritable and I don't see how he can be with just gear at his level since he didn't pick up the talent to help him become uncritable.

The paladin just knows what he needs to do so he mentioned it. I'd let him tank bosses even for the first half of kara if your healers are well geared.

Turelliax
09-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Yeah right now what we have for healers is a t6 geared Shammy and a Priest (who once we recruit more healers will be switching back to shadow).

Maybe I will let him MT huntsmen and see how it goes and I will just it back on Midnight beating his ass.

Bonerot
09-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Put him under some pressure, the huntsmen separated is too easy and you can disarm him anyway.

Put him on the horse and then the combined form if you want to see how he manages with dps bearing down on him while you sit back and drink a beer with the huntsmen. :)

Turelliax
09-05-2008, 07:20 AM
ROFL

sounds good to me.

Worse comes to worse the t6 shammy ends up tanking hunstmen again?

(We had an instance a couple weeks ago where his heal hit me just right and huntsmen appeared .. bad timing on all three our parts and I couldn't rip huntsmen off the shammy.)

Stearns
09-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Druid is all over the shop. Dont take him

Krashtork
09-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Paladins are arguablly the best off tanks in Karazhan in a general sense due to the stupid amounts of large trash pulls, the extra blessing, the extra bubble on moroes, and the fact that virtually everything in there is undead which helps them do some big threat. I would take a paladin OT over a druid in most cases in Kara, cause I hate the place and like to get it over with quickly. Especially when the druid doesn't know what he's doing. Take the paladin.

MontanaTaur
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
That is an absolutely bizarre feral druid build. Point that guy to some online resources so he can learn before you take him ANYWHERE.

Turelliax
09-05-2008, 10:38 PM
yeah the GL convinced the dude to go back to balance.

so i ma happy and we did a gruuls and Mag pug tonight and i got some awesome new gear which will be nice for tomorrow. a Shield off gruul and my t4 shoulders so i have my 2 set now. Maybe my maiden gloves will drop!

The pally it is!

Igshealiden
09-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh comon u serious man that druid dont got squat pally all the way, she already geared up, the druids balance much the less he got hardly any armor and most his stuff is either green or pvp

im sorry dude but pally ftw

manicus
09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Go with the pally. The pally did the effort of actually doing whats needed to get ready and brings extra paladin buffs and so on to the raid. Plus a nifty aura.

Turelliax
09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
We did go with the pally in the end.

Although we have a new druid who we are gearing up to also tank kara. Apparently Guild leader wants to start rotating the two.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&n=Avaleya) Is the druid
and the pally has gotten some upgrades from last week.: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azuremyst&n=Ainamaethor)

The pally did well but to be honest.. I don'r know much about the two other tanking classes.

I am really hoping we can soon move past Kara. :D