PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming weapon changes? Getting back into it..

0351_USMC
09-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Hey all, I have a few questions. Been away from the game for a few months now and before I left we were just getting into Arena and doing alright. Had to go handle some business in real life so I left the game for awhile. As it turns out my buddies that I started doing Arena with have been moving up and getting pretty serious. I'm getting back into the swing of things now and want to know which weapon I should go with for the future. I've always wanted to use an axe for the Orc racial but it never was really viable according to the experts. I was never a fan of maces even though the stuns were game saving so I went with the sword for the burst damage. I'm pretty sure for the most part would focus on 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 if that means anything. The other thing i'm worried about is if I should just sit tight and wait before grabbing a weap because of another incoming patch or WOTLK. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Semper.

Kazeyonoma
09-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Grab whatever weapon you can use now, it'll show the biggest upgrade in your ability to output damage.

As an orc with 3.0 looming, axes is looking really nice 5% crit, 5% more damage to crits and 5 expertise as an orc. I'm a swords guy myself but I'm leaning towards axes come 3.0 as well. Maces although no longer stun, are being changed to provide 15%(?) Ignore Armor. It really depends on how this is implemented. is it straight -15% from the targets current mitigation, meaning a priest who has say 16% is now at 1%? or is it a 15% from their armor, so priest has 2k armor and - 15% of that to make it 1700 armor now. If it is the latter it's gonna be backwards scaling as you get more and more ArP.

Personally Sword or Axe is still gonna work really well, I'd say Swords =D

0351_USMC
09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, think i'm going to give axes a shot.

Kazeyonoma
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
yeh axes will be fun. I am still leaning away from Maces because I'm feeling like it won't be a straight -15% armor that'd be OP, but -15% armor from their current means it's lackluster. kinda polar opposites really.