PDA

View Full Version : Starting PvP advice

Nayre
09-02-2008, 11:47 PM
So, to start off: I used to use my warrior exclusively for tanking, but around the start of summer I started running out of time (two jobs), and the guild that I was in happened to die, so I took that opportunity to quit for the summer. With school starting up again, I'll end up with more random bits of free time, and figured I'd try my hand at some warrior-PvP.

The problem I've run into, though, is that I'm not sure where to start. Currently I'm sitting at a whopping 20 resilience, from my PvP trinket, and a gorehowl with some random DPS plate on. I'm not sure if I should work towards getting a Stormherald (since I'm sitting at 349 blacksmithing, it wouldn't take terribly long), or forgo that and get a S2 weapon of some sort - especially with 3.0 coming soon, confusing my thoughts even more. The extent of what I've figured is that if I choose to get the S2 weapon(s? That would be expensive, heh), I should get them before some armour.

So, what d'yas think? Stormherald, or S2? And any advice on where to go beyond that?

And I guess an armoury link of some sort would be... smart, to say the least. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Nayre)

Kazeyonoma
09-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Definitely weapon, same kinda question as the other thread here on the forums.

Grab a weapon, whichever choice you prefer, Stormherald is gonna be better than s2 but it requires more farming. Just start picking up gear as you can, and do your 10 games a week and save up arena points for whatever s4/s3 you can muster.

Nayre
09-03-2008, 03:28 PM
So, even with 3.0 looming, and LK soon after, you figure that the Stormherald would still be a good investment?

Kazeyonoma
09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Stormherald is still weapon wise better than s2, it has better stats except for resilience, and it has better dps i believe, not to mention it's slow so on swing speed attacks it hits harder. And as little % chance it is to stun, it's still gonna f people up.