PDA

View Full Version : Gemming

Malus
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey guys,

I have been reading over this information and it all looks extremely interesting however I have not seen a single post (maybe I just can't find it and neither can google) about a gem setup for crafted armor.

I'm just starting out tanking cuz its my alt but his armor is a full set of the lvl 80 full-plate gear.... All slots including shield and necklace and rings all have the 3 slots.

Can anyone please give me a good base set OR even a setup for having MULTIPLE sets of armor.

I hvae 39 open slots in my armor... can someone give me a breakdown of gems cuz I dont have trouble getting the gems just new to the tanking thing and wanna know whats gonna do me best.... +hate, +taunt, and invulns wise

Thanks in advance for anyone that would break this down for me....

Malus
09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
And I dont care if the gems get nerfed I just want to know what the setup would be with the current gems.

For PvE and not PvP

Lilie
09-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Well...the best thing you can do for yourself with the current gem set-up is to make yourself a full crushing invulnerability set. It makes most of the boss damage in raid fights almost negligible.

Thats really the primary gemming strat we use as everything else seems manageable. Stay away from the crafted shield as its defense rating (16) is way lower than a level 80 shield (20). Its also nice to make a few items (like neck/rings) with some cold resist on it as bosses like Kylikki and Yakhmar deal a good bit of it. However, again, it is not that big of a deal if you just have a full crushing set.

That being said...I would absolutely not drop a whole bunch of money to make a set like this until the gem situation is evaluated post nerf. It would be silly to spend all that gold for something that would be worthless in a week. Your blue set of armor will be sufficient for raid content, as long as you are using an aggro sharing strategy with another tank. All of the bosses are subject to Goad.

Malus
09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for that but shouldnt I use some of the slots for +hate mod or +taunt?