PDA

View Full Version : So, Iv'e gotten lucky....

Hedda
09-02-2008, 10:48 AM
First off, cheers all, and thank you for this wonderfull site.
It really is a gigantic compilation of information for us newborn tanks :)

Then to the issue at hand...

I recently had to take my gimp warrior to Karazhan, due to our raid force having dropped severely in the past time.
After two runs there, I have gotten to this point : The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Hedda)

A few comments:

I know the head enchant isn't great, but this is an alt, and my rep isn't up to date yet.
I also have the T4 helm wich I use mostly for thrash as it ups my block some...
I'm currently working on KoT rep for the head glyph, and collecting badges in Kara every week.

The thing is, with my main (Holy Priest :S) we usually did ZA, Gruul, and some SSC, and now I'm wondering if I can step up and tank in ZA for starters, or will that severely push my healers? I've got good healers tho ;)
I reallywould like to get further with this character, as I find great joy in tanking. And although it's soon WotlK, I felt so proud when I tanked Prince last Sunday :p

One last thing, I know I've seen a "tankmeter" somewhere on this site, that shows minimum EH for the different raid sones, but I can't seem to find it anymore....probably looked myself blind for it :)

Thanks

-Hedda / -Xh

Caireagin
09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warrior-reference/37020-raid-zone-minimums.html is the threat you're looking for. You're probably capable of offtanking ZA, but I'd be hesitant to have you main tank it at this point.

Overall, you're in pretty solid shape for only having been to Kara a few times.

I'd personally swap out the 8 stam patch on your gloves for a 15 agi enchant. Warbringer Handguards are some of the best avoidence gloves you'll get for a long time.
I'd also try to get some Heroic Magister's runs in for Commendation of Kael'Thas and Shard of Contempt.
On the rep side, I'd work on finishing up your Aldor rep as well as your KoT rep. Unless you regularly kill Sapphiron, there's no replacement for the exalted Aldor/Scryer enchants.
Otherwise, you're on the right track, just keep doing what you're doing.

Hedda
09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/warrior-reference/37020-raid-zone-minimums.html is the threat you're looking for. You're probably capable of offtanking ZA, but I'd be hesitant to have you main tank it at this point.

Overall, you're in pretty solid shape for only having been to Kara a few times.

I'd personally swap out the 8 stam patch on your gloves for a 15 agi enchant. Warbringer Handguards are some of the best avoidence gloves you'll get for a long time.
I'd also try to get some Heroic Magister's runs in for Commendation of Kael'Thas and Shard of Contempt.
On the rep side, I'd work on finishing up your Aldor rep as well as your KoT rep. Unless you regularly kill Sapphiron, there's no replacement for the exalted Aldor/Scryer enchants.
Otherwise, you're on the right track, just keep doing what you're doing.

Thats the EH thing I was looking for, thanks!

I'll switch to +15agi on the gloves then, and keep gaining rep with Aldor/KoT.
As for MgT, I'll run it as much as I can for those trinkets.
When that is sorted I'll probably have some more badges to replace my Legs and Cloak also :)

Thanks for the advice

-Hedda / -Xh