PDA

View Full Version : ZA help bear boss

owlcapwn
09-02-2008, 01:24 AM
our guild is just starting ZA and were having a little trouble with the bear boss

the bear form is troubling us mostly. we use me, (a druid tank), and a prot warrior

My stats are unbuffed

15.7 k HP
33 K armor
44 dodge

the warriors stats (raid buffed) sry thats how he logged

16.9 k hp
17380 armor
17.62 dodge
17.83 parry
28.78 block
515 def

we usually go with me on the bear from because he gets downed quickly, our healers are a priest with 2160 bh and a pally with 2059 bh

need some tips on how we can make it run more smoothly

Squeegiemama
09-02-2008, 01:28 AM
When we were first learning ZA we always used three healers. It seems you are only using two, perhaps a third healer will be able to keep you two up better. A druid healer can be a definite asset to a ZA group.

Rak
09-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Yes, use a third healer. Two healer ZAs are for guilds doing 4 chest runs.

owlcapwn
09-02-2008, 01:30 AM
we've got a druid healer with 1800ish heals maybe well throw him into the mix

Shortypop
09-02-2008, 01:34 AM
I suspect you're dieing during or after the silences, HoT's are the best way to counter this. Also make sure the boss has every possible debuff on him - demo shout, thunderclap, scorpid sting (if you've got a hunter). Plus commanding shout up, plus yep, 3 healers will make your life easier at the start of ZA.

owlcapwn
09-02-2008, 01:40 AM
I suspect you're dieing during or after the silences, HoT's are the best way to counter this. Also make sure the boss has every possible debuff on him - demo shout, thunderclap, scorpid sting (if you've got a hunter). Plus commanding shout up, plus yep, 3 healers will make your life easier at the start of ZA.

we clear the rest of ZA w/o a prob were trying to learn everything so we can go for timers, maybe we should go with the druid/pally combo for the druids hots and have the priest go shadow when we start timers. Were a small guild on a low pop server so most of the ppl have either joined a huge guild or quit until wotlk so we have to work with the ppl we have :(

Shortypop
09-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Fully understand the problem with numbers, if you can find a HoT healer I think it would help, if your healers can heal through the rest of ZA, then two of them should be ok for bear. Is it the silences or sheer volume of damage that you think is the problem?

If you want and can, click on "chat" and join us in shoutbox, we're currently debating this :)

owlcapwn
09-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Is it the silences or sheer volume of damage that you think is the problem?

when the warrior tanks the bear form its the volume of the damage but when i tank it, its the silences

Leytur
09-02-2008, 04:13 AM
You might as well go Druid/Pally now with the Priest shadow if you want. If the priest is smart about it and has her dots up along with VE that should be good healing along with all the druid hots to cover the silence.

Sanelora
09-02-2008, 05:50 AM
for 4 chests, we run Resto druid, CoH priest to deal with the AoE damage getting passed around.

Sunderhorn
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
His raid buffed health seems a tad low, but I'll refrain from giving that sage bit of utterly useless advice: "Joo should work on getting better gear!"

We had the same tanking setup, but went with the Warrior [me] on Bear form, while the druid tank threw additional HoTs on me in anticipation of the silences.

If he has the gear, he might want to see how much resilience he can stuff into an EH set [minus the Armor...see below]...let us know how that pans out :p.

Note that Ironshield potions may not be the best bet for him to chain on this fight, since the majority of his ass-whoopin comes from those ridiculous bleeds.

If any of your healers have that imba spell trinket that you power up, it might be worth mentioning that that can be used while silenced.

thedrawrf
09-03-2008, 07:33 PM
You guys's warrior tanks avoidance is very, very low. :( If he is dying on the Bear, it's because of that. The rest of what should be said has been said by my fine compatriots already.

owlcapwn
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
well we did ZA on thurs and one-shoted the bear boss with the same healing setup and the Warrior on the troll form and me on the bear form

No clue why we had so much trouble the first time, but we brought some newbies to ZA and some under geared players so no timers maybe this week...

Sporr
09-09-2008, 09:14 PM
We always did better with me (warrior) on troll, and some bear on bear action for my partner.

Also, if the warrior is 16.9k raid buffed (fort, motw, kings), he gets a few bad hits + a cleave for 8k, and he's out and y'all are going to have to reset. Badge gear ftw.

And yeah, that avoidance isn't helping.

madocks
09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
We usually chuck the highest HP tank onto bear, which is usually me (Gooo taurens), before I entered T6 content I was hitting 19k+ Hp raid buffed with just badge kit, kara kit and heroics.

To be on 16.9k Seems very low, I would be interested in seeing the armory links :)

owlcapwn
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
We usually chuck the highest HP tank onto bear, which is usually me (Gooo taurens), before I entered T6 content I was hitting 19k+ Hp raid buffed with just badge kit, kara kit and heroics.

To be on 16.9k Seems very low, I would be interested in seeing the armory links :)

here's the warriors The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Jesterhead)

hes in dps gear right now but should be logged out in tank gear after tonight's ZA

and heres mine The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Owlcapwn)

i usually switch out moroes pocket watch for a DMF card for the bear boss and i end up with 20k raid buffed