PDA

View Full Version : Xav's Beta Crit

Ciderhelm
09-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Xav just owned me with this screenshot.... Enjoy!

http://www.tankspot.com/photoplog/images/2749/1_ssmall.jpg

Xav
09-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Aww cider, you didn't have to!

e-blush

Ciderhelm
09-02-2008, 12:31 AM
It's a 14k self-buffed Shield Slam... of course I had to. That is my primary motivation in life!

sorednbored
09-02-2008, 01:32 AM
It's a 14k self-buffed Shield Slam... of course I had to. That is my primary motivation in life!

Self buffed? Do Warriors get Gift of the Wild and Leader of the Pack in WotLK???

Ciderhelm
09-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Self buffed? Do Warriors get Gift of the Wild and Leader of the Pack in WotLK???

Hadn't noticed those, but to be fair you're talking about 16.5 block value, or just a bit more than 1% of Xav's SBV.

Self-buffed was meant as a reference to a legitimate Shield Slam; the huge Shield Slam crits in our records thread are created with multiple layers of Berserking buffs.

Finelle
09-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Heh... am I the only one whose brain made the buffs with a few seconds left on them flicker? A couple of seconds into staring at the buffs, I went "it's a freaking screenshot, not a UI" and the flickering stopped.

dotOrion
09-02-2008, 04:26 AM
I have this feeling that the current shield slam records will be pulverized once people get some gear at 80 :p

sorednbored
09-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Actually Xav, what's that Addon you have on there with the cooldowns for Shield Slam, Disarm, Shield Block etc.?

hvidgaard
09-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Sorednbored: That would be Cooldowntimers2

sorednbored
09-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Sorednbored: That would be Cooldowntimers2

SoaD!
09-02-2008, 06:50 AM
Thank you Xav for that test.
I really want to know how Revenge hits in the same conditions, can I ask you to do another test in the same conditions with this skill ? :p

SS has been buffed it's clear, but it can be really useful to compare it with other skills, and I think the more relevant comparison is with Revenge to evaluate his "priority" in a cycle.

It is a second request but can you link your template too please ? :)

This has no goal to say "hey you see this, the cycle is that !", it is just to have an idea. With all the changes done on WoTLK + the 10 more levels it is really hard to have an idea.

suesse_llane
09-02-2008, 07:00 AM
I have this feeling that the current shield slam records will be pulverized once people get some gear at 80 :p
Why? So far I've only seen one non-shield item from WotLK itemized with block value.

Items - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items&filter=sl=16:18:5:8:11:10:1:23:7:21:2:22:13:24:15: 28:4:3:19:25:12:17:6:9;minle=165;cr=43;crs=1;crv=0 )

The block value given from strength is nothing compared to the amount you get from directly itemizing gear with block value. Unless epic gear from WotLK is itemized very differently from what we've seen so far, shield slam record gear will be what we have now plus a new item or two (probably a shield).

bludwork
09-02-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm not in beta but I would be very much interested in how much damage a normal/unbuffed/no weird specced shield slam hits for. Large numbers are cool but what does it actually hit for against a same level sundered target?

jere
09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Why? So far I've only seen one non-shield item from WotLK itemized with block value.

Items - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items&filter=sl=16:18:5:8:11:10:1:23:7:21:2:22:13:24:15: 28:4:3:19:25:12:17:6:9;minle=165;cr=43;crs=1;crv=0 )

The block value given from strength is nothing compared to the amount you get from directly itemizing gear with block value. Unless epic gear from WotLK is itemized very differently from what we've seen so far, shield slam record gear will be what we have now plus a new item or two (probably a shield).

Holy Crap! A llane person. *waves*

veneretio
09-02-2008, 07:34 AM
I just love how there's training dummies in the expansion lol!

As awesome as this SS crit is, was I the only one that was really pumped by how much the white damage crits were?

So the question is... who breaks 20k first? And is 30k possible? Let's hope so :)

Taelas
09-02-2008, 07:53 AM

There will be items with BV.

Check the tank shoulders on this shot:

http://wotlkwiki.info/up2/pages/news/8885/blueitems.jpg

Taelas
09-02-2008, 07:56 AM
And honestly -- now that STR-to-BV conversion is 2-1 rather than ~20-1, STR matters. A lot.

Plate Armor - Items - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items=4.4&filter=minle=165;cr=20:84;crs=1:3;crv=0:0)

Xav
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
I just love how there's training dummies in the expansion lol!

As awesome as this SS crit is, was I the only one that was really pumped by how much the white damage crits were?

So the question is... who breaks 20k first? And is 30k possible? Let's hope so :)

Funny thing is, I was only using a Decapitator for that, an old old old weapon without much top-end compared to what's ingame now! (Haven't been able to get any of the new 1h swords with over 400 top end and like 130 dps.. drool)

As for spec, It was something odd like 12/21/38 ? I think that makes sense.

I can't revenge under those exact same conditions, but I'll do similar (due to not having anything to trigger Revenge vs the target dummy).

I will say revenge is VERY, VERY nice now and its scaling off of AP is fantastic. Extremely high threat move, almost no rage cost. In just 5 mans in my threat set (around 2k buffed AP), my revenge tooltip is like 1100 top-end, so it can crit for 1500+ (armor, etc).

I get 4k+ shield slam crits semi regularly without using any block trinkets (or stacking block gear in my threat gear). If you used more block stuff and/or double block trinkets in your threat set, you could easily see 5-6k+ shield slams in your 5 mans. (crits).

AnvilDK
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Interesting values. We also have to remember we are missing one part of our itemization. They have not revealed the glyphs for Warriors and eventually everyone will have all glyph slots filled out. They are like a few talent points extra as I understand it.

Bit annoyed about the new talent build more because I feel I have to leave something out if I want a talent like Impale and with all the new crit improving talents ofcourse I want impale grr

SoaD!
09-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I will say revenge is VERY, VERY nice now and its scaling off of AP is fantastic.Yes I forgot that and the difference items will provide to these numbers.

Caulle
09-02-2008, 09:18 AM
The training dummies are amazing. I spent almost an hour playing on one with my DK the other day just working out rotations with rune cooldowns.

loquatious
09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
On the sidenote of Add Ons. Is there a good source for Add ons that work in Beta?

I would dearly love to have a dps meter and ItemRack (or similar)

Seems like you are running pitbull, and cooldowntimers - any suggestions on what works and where to get it?

veneretio
09-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I can't revenge under those exact same conditions, but I'll do similar (due to not having anything to trigger Revenge vs the target dummy).
It would be very cool if not only we could set the level of a dummy, but even make it hit us based on that level. Even just making it try to poke us for 1 damage over and over again (as well critting for 2 damage!) would be very cool and useful for a number of classes.

nobel
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
no offense to any of you guys but really who cares? I understand that shield slam is a very cool move and all but i have heard some very mixed things about tanking in wotlk. I have yet to play beta so i may be way off and usually i don't comment on stuff and just read.. you guys know your stuff.. but outside of the huge number are talents are stupid and are tree is completed bloated now. We know have yet another button to push and we have to monitor are shield slam..

Iv been tanking for sometime now and i do enjoy the fact that its a challenge but damn i press more buttons to tank things where some classes spam three.. theres a post kicking around that talks about the fun factors in tanking and how to make it fun.. well not having to spam 6 + buttons to tank is fun..the ability to open a beer with your hand after tanking is very fun!

Kazeyonoma
09-02-2008, 02:16 PM
This post was for fun, let it stay that way hm?

Gravy
09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
It would be very cool if not only we could set the level of a dummy, but even make it hit us based on that level. Even just making it try to poke us for 1 damage over and over again (as well critting for 2 damage!) would be very cool and useful for a number of classes.

Then you would have a screenshot of someone being crit by a training dummy with their character sheet displaying that they are crit-immune.

Brucimus
09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
no offense to any of you guys but really who cares? I understand that shield slam is a very cool move and all but i have heard some very mixed things about tanking in wotlk. I have yet to play beta so i may be way off and usually i don't comment on stuff and just read.. you guys know your stuff.. but outside of the huge number are talents are stupid and are tree is completed bloated now. We know have yet another button to push and we have to monitor are shield slam..

Iv been tanking for sometime now and i do enjoy the fact that its a challenge but damn i press more buttons to tank things where some classes spam three.. theres a post kicking around that talks about the fun factors in tanking and how to make it fun.. well not having to spam 6 + buttons to tank is fun..the ability to open a beer with your hand after tanking is very fun!

why is there always someone who wants to ruin the fun?

This is awesome ...I really am looking forward to PVPing as prot and being able to kill something (undead rogues) one in a while

Ciderhelm
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
but outside of the huge number are talents are stupid and are tree is completed bloated now. We know have yet another button to push and we have to monitor are shield slam..

It is unfair to expect we only focus on bad things and don't post news to get people excited about awesome changes. It leaves everybody in a sour mood!

Pointing it out in case you missed it, there's been a full news post dedicated bloated talents, and there are several discussions in General on the subject as well. Use those to express your concern!

Cloudade
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
why is there always someone who wants to ruin the fun?

This is awesome ...I really am looking forward to PVPing as prot and being able to kill something (undead rogues) one in a while
Rogue are too easy to dismantle... tk, demo, disarm dev. slam away and revenge

But seeing those shield slam numbers makes me smile inside.... almost like we could level as prot......

uruloki
09-03-2008, 06:54 AM
no way im lvling other than whacking things with two cats edges baby!

tanking is fun cause it takes more than 3 buttons. but maybe thats just me :rolleyes:

nobel
09-03-2008, 07:55 AM
It is unfair to expect we only focus on bad things and don't post news to get people excited about awesome changes. It leaves everybody in a sour mood!

Pointing it out in case you missed it, there's been a full news post dedicated bloated talents, and there are several discussions in General on the subject as well. Use those to express your concern!

Very true.. i can see your point in regards to getting people excited about some of the changes.. and 10k+ shield slams is definally something to get excited about.. if only for the sense that pvp prot could become semi viable.

So i will redirect my dissatisfaction about this class to those posts!

Aughban
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
are these dummys just for the beta or will they stay for the retail version?

Narshe
09-04-2008, 01:55 AM
They will stay for retail plus:

In an upcoming update one of the dummies will be level 80 with normal lvl 80 mob stats, the other will be a "boss" dummy with normal lvl 80 boss mob stats.

Enjoy!

Source: WoW Forums -> Thanks for the training dummies! (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=9336666788&pageNo=2&sid=2000#29)