Sha'tari Wrought Greaves
Crystal Band of ValorIron
Band of the Unbreakable
Moroe's Lucky Pocket Watch
Adamantine Figurine
Grom'tor's Charge
Platinum Shield of the Valorous
The Boomstick

What should I be putting into the slots? Parry and Dodge bonuses? I like the gems with the bonus to dodge/stamina and parry/stamina.

Tatt
09-01-2008, 04:42 PM
OK, I am sorry but I cannot even read anything you posted, please pick a different font if you would like any kind of answers.

Gravy
09-01-2008, 04:51 PM
It's a lot easier for people to see items if you use an [ item ][ /item ] tag, Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch for example.

As far as your character goes, You seem to have the correct idea of what gear to obtain to begin karazhan. However, your talent spec is extremely questionable and I would recommend that you respec to the cookie cutter 8/5/48. As far as gemming goes, never gem for Parry... just don't. (Besides 5/5 deflection would help more than gemming)

mjthurston
09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I respected to Fury for PVP and then noticed today I screwed up on my talents when I went back to Protection. I'm on duty today and will fix my talents when I get home to 8/5/48.

mjthurston
09-01-2008, 05:42 PM
What do you suggest for gems?

tobarstep
09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
What do you suggest for gems?

If you aren't at 490, then gem for defense. Once you are at 490, gem for stam. Ignore socket bonuses unless they would give you more stam.

mjthurston
09-04-2008, 04:38 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Fleshcutter)

This is my guy. What do I need for armour total and health? Also what weapon can I get quickly that will help me hold aggro? Is mongoose strike a 100% need for it?

Aughban
09-04-2008, 07:06 AM
11k health and 490 def rating is all you need for karazhan. Some easily to get quest weapons are

Pilfered Ethereal Blade - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30278)
Grom'tor's Charge - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31071)
Crystalline Kopesh - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=25772)

from your armory you look fine to start doing karazhan and some of the starting heroics. I would suggest you start farming for the engineering gun as well. Farm mgt normal for rep and the items so you can get the shield (SSO exalted).

mjthurston
09-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm doing MGT as much as possible to get that shield. It's very nice. My guild is bringing T4/T5 warlocks into Kara and I just can't seem to pull agro off of them. Any suggestions for boosting my agro. I'm also hitting with shield slam and i'm getting Immune? Is that for the debuff? Here is what I'm doing. Shield Block, Dev, Dev, Rev and repeat if I'm not holding aggro I'll throw in a Shield Slam and Taunt in.Any more suggestions on this? Thank you all for your help so far.

Edit
On my server no one seems to make the Felsteel Leggens. Any idea why not? I'd buy them in a heart beat.

Aughban
09-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Let the warlock kill himself, if he's pulling threat off you its his fault not yours. The immune this is wierd? they must be bubbled to get something like that. Always keep SS in your rotation because its a lot of threat the rage.

If no one makes the felsteel legs then make friends with a BS and run round arca with them untill the pattern drops.

mjthurston
09-08-2008, 04:37 AM
I just went ahead and did PVP until I got the shield from there. I'm looking at 505 def, 16% in block, dodge and parry. Also have almost 15k in armour and 12k in health.

Now when I put up shield block it says that my block is 91%. What does that really mean? I still have 16% in parry and dodge.

Better yet does 16% in each mean that 48% of the time I parry, dodge or block? Another question because I'm not understanding the crushable part of this equation. How do you know if you are uncrushable?

Aughban
09-08-2008, 04:54 AM
you know that your uncrushable when your overall avoidance is over 102.4%, this is usually attainable when using shield block.

I think this macro still works for working it out

script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+Get BlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(
GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*150/355+20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

the part in bold is where the talent for Anticipation - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12753) is taken into account, you'll need to edit it to your value from this talent.

mjthurston
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
wow.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with that. I don't use macros.

Aughban
09-08-2008, 12:30 PM
well you type /macro in wow, then you make a new macro. give it an icon and name, copy and paste the macro from my previous post and then drag that macro from the macro ui to your action bar. Get SB up and press the macro to check your above 102.4% avoidance with it up.

mjthurston
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM
It's not working for me.

I have figured this out.

There is 5% chance of a miss.
You add your Dodge % + Parry % + Block % and if it's over 100% you are uncrushable.

So my 16% +16% + 91% = 123%. This means when shield block is up for 2 swings I'm untouchable which = uncrushable.

I hope this is right.

mero12513
09-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Don't use a macro for uncrushability as a warrior. Honestly, with the correct talent setup and green gear, you are uncrushable with shield block. I promise. You really should learn some about macros, though. They are very useful to add some versatility to your abilities.

mjthurston
09-09-2008, 04:57 AM
People in the game are telling me you can't go by using shield block and have to use just block, parry and dodge added together. Which would mean that you could never be uncrushable. I don't think you can get you def so high that you can never be hit.

What kind of macro's do warriors use?

Galushi
09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
It is possible to get uncrushable passively without using Shield Block, but it takes generally full set of t5+ lvl gear. To be crush immune your base miss + parry + dodge + block must total 102.4%.

You are correct in that when you have shield block up, you are uncrushable until you take 2 blocks to eat up the 2 shield block charges. Until the shield block ability cooldown is refreshed, you are vulnerable to taking crushing blows (unless you are passive crush immune, which you aren't)

During bosses that can crush and aren't completely trivial, you should be using shield block on every cooldown, at the same time as your threat rotation. Shield Block is your first priority, make sure you always have 10 rage to refresh it. After that, your GCD abilities are your next priority. This is your shield slam, devastate, revenge, thunderclap, etc. If you still have excess rage over 50, start queueing up heroic strike. Since it is an on next attack ability, it does not interfere with any of your other abilities.

manicus
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Stop. Go to the tankspot library and read the guides there. Come back when done.

Seriously, most of your questions is answered there. On top of that there is a kara gear guide in the gear section.