PDA

View Full Version : 5/5 Demo Shout Prot Spec?

Rootkitworm
09-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi There,

I am MT for our guild and we are now clearing Hyjal and on Archimonde, and Teron Gorefiend in BT. I recently took one point out of Anger Management and another from Improved Bloodrage and am now 5/5 Demo Shout, with still 1 point in Imp Bloodrage. I thought I had read somewhere that Demo Shout isn't very effective on bosses after having 2/5 in it? Is this true? Should I stay this talent build for MT bosses such as where we are at? I thought of having the OT war go 5/5 Demo, but if then he dies then what help is he? He dps's on Archimonde and sometimes dies quickly in the fire.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stonemaul&n=Rootkitworm)

Beatzz
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Ok first of all your BF or fury warriors should be speccing 5/5 Demo if you brign a shammy for WF. It isnt a MT's responsibility to offer the demo shout. Although if you are the only one with the common sense to get it only go 2/5 thats a third of their AP i beleive.

Lionides
09-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I am going to agree here , when I was the guilds OT I had 5/5 Demo .....since then I became our regular MT , now I have aimed at improved rage generation to spam HS's for threat whilest allso obviously looking at my survivabillity ....and I cba about demo at all , demo spamming are for OT's and dps warriors imo :)

Megatrohn
09-02-2008, 01:16 AM
2/5 Improved Demo Shout removes all the AP of most (every?) bosses.

The reason you want 5/5 Improved Demo Shout is because you want a warlock to put up Curse of Recklessness, which increases the AP of the boss.

Sanelora
09-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Depends on your setup. its not unfeasable but it s very rare that you wont be running with any other warriors (the only time i would take it).

even if this is the case, the better option is to run with 2/5 imp demo and just ger warlocks to use regular damage curses.

you can just get a warlock to drop a curse of weakness on the boss and that has a tiny bit more AP reduction than 2/5 imp demo.