PDA

View Full Version : Is everyink these things one right. Am i a noob?

used
08-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Been getting alot of flack from my realm forums about me being a noob for 2 reasons.

First reason being i gem more avoid then health .Now its not that i dont gem any health at all I more try to keep a good balance even on parry now that one of my main rolls is tanking kal fight.

Second reason is cuz of my belief that UBW is better then brutal for threat when expertise is added threw other gear.

What i am asking is am i a total noob or am i right to these things.
Let me know what you think an what reasons you have to think such plz

Ty in advance Used

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&n=Used)
here is my armory of what i use to mt most of bt an kal fight only a few encounters i use 2x health trinkets where its more of a race an my tps needs to be higher

oh just saw it lol sry for the crazy topic heading i must have hit the mouse pad on my laptop . so yes having done that its clear i'm a noob but plz still reply

Sanelora
08-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Parry is horrible. it scales MUCH slower than dodge. Change all your parry gems to dodge!

the brutalizer is better for threat provided you arent expertise capped (which you are not) but the unbreakable will is the BEST mitigation weapon in the game. period.

One thing that also confused me is why do people gem for Dodge (in your case parry/dodge) in red sockets, stam in blue and HIT of all things in yellow sockets. if you are gemming for avoidance, you should be gemming for defense in those sockets, considering that defense provides almost as much avoidance per point of dodge (18. something per 1% of overall avoidance from dodge and 19. something per 1% of overall avoidance from defense - not including block)

so, if you are gemming for avoidance:
Red - 10 Dodge
Blue - 15 Stam
Yellow - 10 Defense

used
08-30-2008, 08:11 PM
I only gemmed one time for hit an it was basicly for 2 reasons
one i need a yellow gem for meta gem secondly it helps with taunt in kal fight. normaly i would have gone def rait if it wasnt for kal .

Now could you plz tell me how Brut is better then UBW for threat?

an how can dodge be better then parry in sunwell when you have a 20% dodge debuff. If dodge is 17% roughly less costly then parry normaly wouldnt it be 3% more costly then parry in sunwell? plus if ppl like it or not it is some what of a threat an rage gen even if its small,.

What i'm hopen for here is some hard stats to change my mind on what i am doing

Sanelora
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Combat rating system - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft (http://www.wowwiki.com/Combat_rating_system)

the defensive rating area gives a good idea of what the cost is like.

sure the dodge penalty is big but you should be very close to 20% dodge anyway. considering you are sitting at 26% dodge with only one dodge gem, there is no excuse NOT to gem for dodge. it just means you are sitting at a much lower starting point. again, you can scale your dodge MUCH faster than parry, even to the point that including your sunwell radiance, you can supass your parry.

the brutalizer is better threat because it has expertise. and expertise = hit at your level of gear (as opposed to Hit times 2 for expertise below 23 skill).

arguably, the brutalizer has a lower top end damage but equally so, it has a HIGHER bottom end damage and it has the same DPS. there is no question that it is better for most fights.

For kalecgos, i run at 60~ hit. i know it hurts my taunts sometimes but usually the problem can be solved by chaining challenging shout and mocking blow. Half the time you have the -hit chance wild magic anyways. you really want to be able to survive the enrage and i cant stress that enough. if you think hit is beneficial to you then take it but i would suggest that defense my serve you better. Taunt resists cant be helped considering that you need double the hit rating to get "capped for taunt" and then you still have a 1% innate resist chance.

EDIT: when you hit either twins or m'uru they loose sunwell radiance and dodge becomes even better (not sure if this is right, but i read that somewhere).

used
08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I think the way you are calcing the dodge debuff is wrong. having over 20 dodge means noting in the debuff math . If i gemed dodge an had 25% dodge in sunwell the 20% debuff would brg me to 20% with the same amount of gems i would get 22 parry an keep it there for it seems more effective to gem parry. on top of this the higher the amount of dodge you have the more you lose. if 25% goes to 20 what would 60 go to .if you had 60% dodge {i know no warri is gonna have this but for the sake of this }after 20% dodge debuff you would only have 40. thats 20% dodge loss or once again you could gem 51 parry an come out with the same 51 parry.

It seems to me all geming for dodge will do in sunwell is cost you more an more avoid.
geming for parry will stay the same.

Sanelora
08-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Sunwell Radiance - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45769)

nothing there is multiplicative, it is just a straight -20% dodge and -5% hit losing you a massive 25% overall avoidance.

it does not, in any way, change the way that rating stacks up. dodge still provides more per point than parry. no matter how you look at it, dodge is still better.

also, twins and onwards apparently arent affected by sunwell radiance as shown by WWS parses on EJ

Please check the buff before you post on its mechanics

Silthias
08-31-2008, 01:15 AM
The way to look at it is that:

1% dodge is 18.92 Dodge Rating.
1% Parry is 23.65 Parry Rating.

This means you have currently got 20 Parry Rating from Gems, (Helm and legs/Waist) and 20 Dodge Rating, (Shoulders and Gloves).

So You have:

1.05% Doge from Gems.
0.85% Parry From Gems.

That's 0.2% avoidance difference, just from how you have gemmed.

As for the Sunwell Debuff, it effectively lowers your avoidance by 25%.

With your current avoidance you have 62.17% Avoidance pre Debuff, and 37.17% Avoidance against a mob with the Sunwell Radiance.

If you had gemmed for Dodge rather than Parry, your Avoidance would be 62.37% (the 0.2% extra from the rating conversion), which with the Sunwell Radiance debuff gives you 37.37% avoidance.

That shows that having dodge or parry makes no difference to the debuff, 1% parry = 1% dodge, just dodge is easier to get the 1% from rating wise.

used
08-31-2008, 06:51 AM
well all the math comes down to one factor is it a 25 % on avoid witch would make it dodge cuz dodge is first on the table or is it 20 dode 5 to me missed or even 10 10 5 .the bitch here is no one really knows cuz its a hidden thing. I wounder if any one had tryed both an recount it for weeks to compair?
i' still not buying that math btw maybe i'm retarded but it doesnt work for me

as for
nothing there is multiplicative, it is just a straight -20% dodge and -5% hit losing you a massive 25% overall avoidance.
that what my math has been going off 20% dodge debuff

an for
one its very rude two no one knows the mechanics of it other then blizz three you are still wrong imo

when i get home from work i'm going to work up some big long hard to understad math untill then plz keep posting an keep in mind i'm a retard any thig i say is prob wrong dont take me to heart

Nicki
08-31-2008, 07:52 AM
well all the math comes down to one factor is it a 25 % on avoid witch would make it dodge cuz dodge is first on the table or is it 20 dode 5 to me missed or even 10 10 5 .the bitch here is no one really knows cuz its a hidden thing. I wounder if any one had tryed both an recount it for weeks to compair?
i' still not buying that math btw maybe i'm retarded but it doesnt work for me

as for
that what my math has been going off 20% dodge debuff

an for
one its very rude two no one knows the mechanics of it other then blizz three you are still wrong imo

when i get home from work i'm going to work up some big long hard to understad math untill then plz keep posting an keep in mind i'm a retard any thig i say is prob wrong dont take me to heart

Precedence
The entries on the table have an order of precedence in terms of what gets knocked off before something else. The order is:

- Miss
- Dodge
- Parry
- Block
- Critical Hit
- Crushing Blow
- Hit

This means that avoidance rolls don't get knocked off it is theoritical.

2. Actually we know the mechanics of the buff because the wowhead data is "mined" from the data files blizzard has supplied, We have also checked this with recount.

It was not rude people were just trying to inform you.

Sanelora
08-31-2008, 04:27 PM
thanks for the backup nicki!

what nicki said is correct. I am sorry if i have offended you but that was not my intention.

the debuff was visible during PTR and a bit after the patch (i think)

yes, losing that avoidance is HUGE but that is what we have to deal with when we go into sunwell. Dodge still scales better. no questions asked.