PDA

View Full Version : No ZA Gaunlet...

Destruyen
08-29-2008, 04:47 AM
Last night I was in a ZA pug and when we were moving on to the Eagle boss, instead of running the gaunlet, the rest of the raid moved to the other side of the hill. I wondered what was going on when all of a sudden mobs started running down the hill. I don't know what agro'ed them, but after we killed them, we ran around to go up the hill (the gauntlet) and there was no gaunlet to run. Just the regular 2 mobs every so often. I forgot to ask who or how they did this before they logged for the night after the raid. Anyone else done this? And how is it done?

Smaken
08-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Any pet class can target the trigger mob and pull him down, ergo the gauntlet never starts.

Alternately you can ride straight up to it (the trigger mob) and just fight all the mobs at once, but again, no gauntlet spawns.

Saves quite a bit of time on a chest run.

(the trigger mob is like amani tempest or something, I can't remember off the top of my head)

Clyde
08-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I can see that it would save quite a bit of time, but I think any reasonable person would have to conclude that it smacks of being an exploit.

Also, the gauntlet is one of the more fun bits in ZA, I think...

Ghreystar
08-29-2008, 08:47 AM
agree. stinks of exploitation, but if thats how you roll then by all means go for it. the best way is still to MC the mob at the bottom of the gauntlet, then make a run for the top. you can usually do it with only one spawn of birds. walk away feeling a winner, not a cheater.

Leytur
08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Hmm. . . how is the Tempest an exploit but MC'ing the lookout not?

I don't consider either an exploit. ZA has been live for how long now? And how many guilds are making 5k off of selling bear runs? If Blizz thought it an exploit they would fix it. Simple as that. Since when is being clever an exploit? That just ain't American man!

suesse_llane
08-29-2008, 03:07 PM
If Blizz thought it an exploit they would fix it. Simple as that.Not only is this terrible logic, it's also untrue and has been proven untrue over and over again.

Tatt
08-29-2008, 03:11 PM
I do not think its an exploit. There is no wall that blizzard put up so that you could not cross. Its simply a different way to tackle that particular area. If you had to do it one way, would the other be possible? I consider an exploit something like how people used to kill vexallus by standing in the candelabras....the sparks didn't hurt you because blizzard's graphics did not know how to compensate. This is simply taking advantage of a pet class by avoiding a certain group of mobs.

Sanelora
08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I can see that it would save quite a bit of time, but I think any reasonable person would have to conclude that it smacks of being an exploit.

Also, the gauntlet is one of the more fun bits in ZA, I think...

its the most entertaining part of the instance you lazy sods :p

i hate whenever we run up and kill the temptest first or in a pug where they pull him down.

the mobs name is the "amani'shi tempest"

Throng
08-30-2008, 04:28 AM
I enjoy the gauntlet too, but I bet that if we were anywhere near getting 4 chests then it would be hard not to want to save time wherever possible.

Sanelora
08-30-2008, 06:20 AM
we regularly beat the 4th chest timer by anywhere between 6-8 minutes and the gauntlet and Jan'alai trash are by far my favourite parts of the instance. (yes i love the scouts idea - it solves one of the bigger problems in instances; it keeps the DPS awake not only the tanks and healers like normal)

it actually takes longer to bug the gauntlet than to do it properly IMOH and for a bear run, i strongly suggest that, if you have the DPS, healers and the tanks for it, just do the thing normally. plus, even if you can hone it down to an artform and actually make it go faster, it just makes a fun idea dead boring:

- Pull
- Tank
- Kill
- Repeat for all of the mobs left over (the bug pulls one? or two packs)

protonly
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM
There is the pet misdirect and the more fun pally-LEEROY tactic. Basically everyone gets naked and you all zerg up the hill and run past the tempest and have a pally DI another healer. Then you rez the dead, etc. and kill the tempest. This takes by far more time than any other method but its the easiest.

mero12513
09-29-2008, 07:36 AM
The ZA gauntlet IS faster than the back-alley tempest pull, but only if you have a superb AOE capacity in your raid, as well as some very decent gear. For the average pug, it is WAY safer to have a pet pull the tempest. If you have a dedicated group of 10 players who are comfortable with each other, however, you save time running the gauntlet and using AOE.