PDA

View Full Version : Raid Attendance slipping

Sarris
08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
My guild recently went 4/5 Hyjal and 2/9 BT in less then a month. Now in less then 2 weeks we have already had to cancel a BT run due to attendance, and the next one isn't looking any better.

This bad attendance has happened in the last 2 weeks. We went from 35+ signups to 20 or less.

The weird thing is we were doing so well, farming 4/5 Hyjal and one/two shotting Warlord and Supremus, and a late night attempt on Akama showed us that he would be easy enough with more raid time.

It boggles the mind how quickly things can fall apart.

Inaara
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
One fix to a problem like this is of course to recruit more people, get your roster to about 45 and you should never run into an attendance problem. With no explanation as to why your attendance is slipping I'm not really sure how to answer you. Is your raid leader an asshole? Is there no motivation to raid? Do you offer free repairs on progression bosses? Have people not been showing up because of school just starting? If I know more I may be able to make more suggestions. Open a dialogue with those that didn't show up and see what the problem is.

Sarris
08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
This might sound weird, but now that I think about it when we started doing BT on our 2nd raid night things started going downhill.

We didn't have too much trouble with the first 2 bosses in BT, and I have no doubt we would have killed Akama on our 3rd attempt had we tried it.

Lavache
08-27-2008, 01:20 PM
this seems to be a problem across the board. there are threads all over our realm forum and in the guild relations forum about it. people have ants in their pants for the expansion, school just started back up, its the end of summer, football season is starting etc. i think in the last month we have had a total of 4 or 5 full actual raids. those have ranged from an absolute debacle to an almost decent run. sad thing is - no matter how much we recruit we are still unable to fill the raids...

Sarris
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Went on a slight recruiting spree, added a few healers and DPS and knocked out 4/5 Hyjal again. Hopefully we can kill Akama tomorrow night and all will be right in the guild for another week :)