PDA

View Full Version : 1st heroic was.. a success!

Jibijaba
08-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Hey guys! Well I've been reading this forum for the past week and decided to switch my pal to protection.

Started farming for my gear on sunday and theres still alot of place for improvement. (Still using some pvp item)

Even tho it was just ramparts, the run took ~50minutes and only the sp priest died at the end (stayed in the fire ftl).
Group was : Me, Resto druid (not ToL), mage, hunter and shadow priest.

Was easier then I expected hehe.
Current stats :(Without blessing and aura)
HP: 12397/Armor: 13641/Defense: 513
Dodge: 17.32%/Parry: 16.52%/Block: 11.90%

Working on balancing my Defense with pure dodge rating or block.

But my question is : Can I start to tank most of the heroic?

Krustypoulet-ArchimondeUS

LittleMan
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Grats! It's an awesome feeling isnt it?

It's not likely all your runs will go so smoothly though, especially if youre forced to pug so just be prepared for some tough ones here and there.

You should be fine for the entry level ones for sure.. UB, SP, Ramps, Mech etc but I wouldnt even think about going into Mgt, SV, Shat halls or S labs just yet.

Grats on taking the leap into the protection role. Have fun and good luck!

Jibijaba
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks hehe :)
I changed my weapon for my s2 healing mace inuuro blade (adding 178spell damage should help my tps).
Im trying to find an healer for Mech as we speak hehe

Inaara
08-27-2008, 09:48 AM
5 mans made me wish I hade a paladin tank lol. It's amazing how much more forgiving an instance will be on a pug with a pally leading the charge.

Jibijaba
08-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Today I ran Setthek halls, Auchenai crypts and an other ramparts. (PuG)
we had 1 wipe on ramps and thats because no one was sure if i could pull the pat without aggroing the beastmaster :( (maybe u can but i couldnt. we learned it the hardway)
Crypts was easier then expected and so was with setthek halls.
I was able to hit the 17k hp buffed (which was like woah, when ur used to play a dps or healer)

Also, that gave me enough BoJ for the libram :)
Avoidance, stam and spdmg went up! (since yesterday :P)

Fenix
08-28-2008, 01:37 AM
It's nice to see that in most of your servers pala-tanks are nice accepted.

In my case, after almost 4 years playing at a hunt and othe dps melee y decided to start a pally-tank.

The problem is that atm in spain pallys are not considered tanks, so I must do my best to open their minds. And although my lvl and equipment is from azeroth an relatively low lvl, I managed to overtake several 'exams' from veteran players making me tank old high-end (lvl 60 being only 58).

From here, is nice to see that there are also more pala-tanks in this world.

P.D.: Apologize my english, but i'm trying my best.

Jibijaba
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
There's still alot of guilds that laugh at other guilds using paladin as MT but that's cause they probably had a bad experience.

Also when I was holy, I prefered a prot pally over any other tanking classes.
(consecration makes that the healer wont have healing aggro and the buff they bring is godly (Salv/wisdom/kings.))

So far I'm really enjoying it and I hope you will too. :)

Kulzor
09-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Wow, that amazes me about the thought about paladin tanks. I'll take a paladin tank in a heartbeat over a warrior or bear on pretty much any 5-man (assuming I'm not the tank).

I love my own prot pally. :)

Grats on the heroics, Jib!

protonly
09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Way to go man! Heroics can be a nightmare at times but they are fun. I'd avoid HMGT unless you have an "ideal" group -- it is just insane to pug. But the rest you could prolly do. Throw in some karas and you are all set.

If the daily is one of the coilfangs, you can generally get a grioup to do do all three in about 3 hours or so. I do that a lot.

Good job!!