PDA

View Full Version : too much Defense?

Turelliax
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
ok ok so I got my Girdle of the Fearless this weekend. My stam took a big hit. The only Enchant or gem I have for defense is that shoulder slot enchant you can buy. My Defense right now is 529. I did manage to snag a new trinket in regular MgT for some more stamina. At this point what stat should i be improving first? My avoidance seems great for what I am doing. (still doing easier heroics though we did do the first boss in Shatered halls.. and I somehow managed to multitank 7 at once.. :eek:.. not fun & i am still running Kara every week).

My Dodge Parry block is something like 19, 16 and 22%. My hit points unbuffed are back up to almost 14k (might be 14.5K).

I also managed to finally snag suneater from heroic mech (I have had King's defender for about 3 weeks now). Should I put executioner on Suneater for a TPs weapon when tanking trash?

Sorry If I am asking too many questions lately. I still consider myself new and I am trying to read everything and figure out as much as possible.

Also can someone point me in the direction of the badge gear guide so i can look and see what I should buy next?

also ona side note:p My Rage seems to be suffering lately. I have beenn fighting for threat with mobs with my DPS who seem to like to push it to the maximum the mobs don't seem to be hitting me enough to let me build rage.. how do I get the DPS to back off a little?

P.S. my armory link should be in my signature.

Kyvaan
08-26-2008, 03:39 PM
first things first where did your gear go!!!!!! i just tried the armory and u are NAKED!!! LoL :D . to answer the question about your weapon enchants u should actually put mongoose on the sun eater because it is an avoidance weapon and slap executioner on the KD since its a threat weapon due to the hit it has on it.

the gear guide is here The Badge Pick Order: 2.4 Edition - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2008/04/09/the-badge-pick-order-24-edition/)

and about being rage starved. as i was gearing up i was doing great in raids but started sucking in heroics due to being extremely over geared for the content, therefore u must resort so using a solid threat set or just throw some dps gear on just make sure u dont gimp yourself too much so your healers dont struggle to keep u alive. now go put some clothes on!!! :P

Turelliax
08-27-2008, 06:44 AM
ROFL I forgot I logged out naked...

silly antics in Org on my new spacegoat. O.o

My gear should be there now. I am slowly building up a DPs set.. Even though it sucks at the moment. I am the only warrior in the guild at the moment so when plate drops (DPS or tanking) I can usually snag it. My guild leader wants to try and get me the commendation of Kaelthas this week too.

I keep running out of Rage which means I keep getting "Not enough rage" for I keep running low on threat my DPS is hauling ass. I will try the DPS gear swap during clearing trash and see if that helps.

Muggs
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
I would say dump the enigma asap and slap the Commendation on.. the Commendation and your Turtle will last you for a really long time.. and it'll push you over the 15k hp mark that people love to oogle ^.^

Shortypop
08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Pick up 3/3 in improved sunder armour (it affects devastate too), it will help your rage a lot - personally I'd nab the points from imp shield block or imp revenge. If you need extra threat ifor trash swopping in +hit/+expertise items is a good idea, but you want to be able to maintain good threat in full tank gear as well. Would think time wardens legs from KoT rep would also be an upgrade for you (?).

Edit: yep I meant shield block :(

Kazeyonoma
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
no no no, you can't take points from imp shield block, take it from imp revenge.

clavarnway
08-27-2008, 11:03 AM
no no no, you can't take points from imp shield block, take it from imp revenge.

I think he meant Imp Shield Bash in which case I agree with that

As far as my opinion goes, this is what I would do

-2 Imp Shield Bash
-3 Imp Revenge

+3 Imp Sunder Armor
+2 Imp Heroic Strike

You mentioned your Rage has been suffering..this will help ALOT, you will notice an immediate change in your rage. Imp Sunder Armor affects Devastate, and if you are good you are using Devastate at least twice in your cycle, so that's ALOT of rage savings. And reducing the rage costs of Heroic Strike means you can spam it more so more threat!

BTW, if you want a even more rage-ish build, spec out of Imp Demo Shout and pick up Anger Management. See how that fits.

Of course having points in Imp Demo Shout is very good too, it mitigates incoming damage...like most specs you have to choose between 2 things..in this case mitigation vs threat.

Kazeyonoma
08-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Ah, figured so =P

Turelliax
08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
again can I say.. i love this forum?????

you guys are fugging awesome. I am going to print this out and when I get home do some tweaking. My guild master/healer buddy wants to run heroic mgt as he wants to try for the bird mount.. and hopefully commendation will drop for me. would be an awesome trinket upgrade.

Inaara
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
With the amount of defense that you already have and what you're tanking I would go with a more threat conscious build.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LA0cZVZbAtoI0dctst)

Drops everything the well informed gents above me have posted and grabs a bit more, putting only the required 3 points in anticipation to reach the next tier.

Commendation of Kael'thas is a required item and will be used till end-game. There really won't be a single fight where anything is more usefull until sunwell when you drop that for Moroes' Lucky Pocket watch so run the hell out of Hmgt until it drops. You can also replace the hit/agi gem in your helm with 12 stam and I would definetely suggest using those badges to pick up the cloak/chest/legs. Replace those items depending on what drops in Kara for you from week to week. Happy hunting.

mero12513
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
To answer the suneater question:

The Sun Eater sucks at threat. It's a pure mitigation weapon. I assume you put mongoose on KD and use that as your all-purpose weapon right now. It's a great choice. It's what I do :).

Anyway, don't waste the money making Sun Eater your threat weapon. If you want a good threat weapon, pick up the Quickening Blade off of Kael'Thas in HMgT on one of your many upcoming runs through there. He's easier than the Priestess anyway IMO.

Turelliax
08-27-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah I got KD first and put mongoose on it right away thinking "at this point i will never get suneater rofl" then 3 weeks later.. it dropped. :D

I will be sure in my one of my next upcoming runs to heroic MGT that I look for the commednation of kael and that quickening blade.

I am also going to try this respec tonight before we run any instances and see how that effects my rage and threat. hopefully nothing but improvements in the future.

Turelliax
08-28-2008, 04:15 AM
I just wanted to add a little update for those that were interested.

I swapped my spec around a bit last night taking the reccomendations I saw here. and what a difference it made last night! We ran heroic Mech (no mgt last night) for a guildy and I think I lost aggro maybe twice (that was during that gauntlet which can sometimes be a pain for initial aggro when a certain DPSer is standing in front of you or start shooting at the targets before you do).

I swapped in my obsidian clodstompers which I had transformed a bit into boots with +hit gems. I held aggro on the second boss (septhera is her name? i forget) with no issues at all. For the most part when she knocked me around she came right back for me. There was even a point where the mage was over me on aggro but I didn't lose my target.

Thanks again guys. I am going to attempt heroic MGT or maybe one of the other heroics I need for the trial of the naaru (already got tenacity done need the other two) tonight and friday and see how everything goes.