PDA

View Full Version : Is My Setup on the Right Track?

cowbynit
08-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I am going to put a link here to my armory, just wanted to hear from other tanks out there if I am on the right track and/or what I should change or work on with my gear. I have tanks on my server but most of them seem to have a different opinion about what you should or shouldn't stack and what should be focused on. Thanks for the input...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Cowbynit)

Oh and disregard the riding crop if it is equipped, I normaly have the The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=27891) (Adamantine Figurine), I know I need to get the trinket from MgT but it hasn't happened for me yet, lol...

Tatt
08-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I have to commend you, I do not think I have ever seen those gloves before, gratz on originality. Definately get the commendation, yeah it sucks running in there over and over, but there is also a nice threat tanking sword you can go for. Personally I would swap out your shield for the SSO one or S2. SSO one is same armor and stam I believe, plus hit and dodge that nightbane's doesn't. S2 is just because it is an EH monster. Only think I see that bothers me on your gear is boots. Boots of Elusion or Jungle Stompers should be high on your priority list if you can get to them. I would also try to find a different cape, either the one from Ilhoof, the 35 badge one, or even the one from steam vaults, any one of them would offer you more than the one you have equipped IMO. Otherwise your gear looks great, hope you are saving for the badge belt, it is sexy for tanks :)

cowbynit
08-25-2008, 06:12 PM
man you read my mind... for the past 48 hours i have been sitting there thinking about whether to get the ring or the belt and i got the ring... but its alright, got kara tomorrow and i run heroics like a mofo so i will climb back up there shortly and nab that belt next, and i have thought about the other cloak too just thought this one would be aight until i can get the other gear that i deemed a better upgrade. Jungle stompers are on my top list got ZA on thrusday lol i hope they drop *fingers crossed*... Another question about my stats though is, my hit rating is low... but i would like to go full stam on the gems, what would you say is a good hit rating for a tank that is working on the 25mans? Guess the real question i need to ask is what should i socket for by looking at my stats, lol....

Odiin
08-26-2008, 03:10 AM
Imporve sunder armor u waste 3 points there put it in improve shield wall or something else since u don't use sunder armor u use devastate. And put 3 points in improve defensive stance. there is my spec look over it
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Odiin)

Squeegiemama
08-26-2008, 03:14 AM
Imporve sunder armor u waste 3 points there put it in improve shield wall or something else since u don't use sunder armor u use devastate. And put 3 points in improve defensive stance. there is my spec look over it
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Odiin)

Read the tooltip Odiin...it applies to both Sunder Armor and Devestate. For the Kara level or very early 25mans, which the original poster appears to be running, Improved Defensive Stance is hardly required.

Shortypop
08-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Imp sunder armour affects devastate as well.

As far as hit goes 45 isn't actually that bad. Rather than gemming for it, try and pick up a few pieces with some +hit on them, even if they are worse for pure avoidance or stamina and then swop them in for fights you outgear, or fights where you really really need the extra threat, a stack of spicey talbuk meat is also a nice boost for your hit on those fights you need/want it.

Odiin
08-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Yes is 3 rage points less for devastate but the thing is he have more important talents without a point so i steel say that 3 points in improve sunder are wasted.