PDA

View Full Version : Improved Def. Stance?

Balokore
08-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Is Improved Def. Stance worth a flip while tanking in the upper level content?

The guild is having some fun in SSC at this point. Lurker is on farm and we are currently working on Tidewalker and Hydross.

I started wondering about Imp. Def. Stance when I was taking a glance at my spec while waiting for a rez....AGAIN! I am the Nature tank for the Hydross fight (around 18k hp's and 383 res. buffed) and didn't know if points in this talent would help the cause.

Also, while I am at it....MY SPEC IS TRASH! I have wasted points in imp. revenge and shield wall....I know that! BUT...are the points that I have in Imp. shield bash garbage also???? It seems that the majority of casters I tank in the upper level content are immune anyways! I think I would rather make my TC more effective (tidewalker and trash)....would this be a correct assumption????

Kazeyonoma
08-25-2008, 09:10 AM
It comes down to preference. If you want to put out more threat at the risk of taking 6% more spell damage than don't spec it and use it somewhere else. If you feel you need it to survive an encounter (enrage timers being met etc etc) then why not?

My personal preference along with a lot of the other members here feel that there simply isn't enough spell damage in the game that warrants 6% to make a big difference. But IT IS a reduction, and if you're having trouble surviving encounters, please spec into it, but it by no means is necessary.

Caireagin
08-25-2008, 01:16 PM
If your guild is having a problem keeping you alive on Hydross, then I'd recommend picking up Imp Defensive Stance. But Hydross is really the only fight in the instance where you'll benefit greatly from the talent. You'll probably get much more benefit out of respeccing to pick up Imp Thunderclap.

Balokore
08-25-2008, 01:22 PM
The guilds problem with Hydross is the DPS'ers...lol! Not a difficult concept....No DPS during transition phases! I give them a hard time but really...no one is to blame...we still learning this fight.

I do agree though...I think that the points would be wasted for one fight if hydross is the only boss it would help against! I would benefit more from imp. thunder clap. As it is now, it is not even an aggro option...does not hit hard enough!