PDA

View Full Version : which weapon do you recommend

Malkieri
08-24-2008, 05:43 AM
i've played a fury war in the past and recently decided to switch back and focus on it as my main spec for raids. i'm having trouble deciding which off hand i should use more, either the claw of molten fury or Fury (za fist). I'm saving badges for the MH fist atm to replace my decapitator. neither of my off hands is enchanted because i haven't decided which to use.

armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Madoran&n=Malkieri)

any tips for my gear would be welcomed (i'm gonna regem my s3 helm with relentless sometime today or tomorrow)

hvidgaard
08-24-2008, 08:00 AM
I don't play fury my self, but what I have learned from dps'ing as a prot warrior is that reaching the soft hitcap isn't gonna do the trick, you'll simply be rage starving too much to do your best dps. You're just at that softcap and should focus on getting some gear with +hit. First place to start replacing would be alot of those pvp pieces.

For weapons I've been told several times now, that the badges fists are some of the best fury weapons in the game. But with regard to the first part of this post I would think you should keep the ZA fist in your offhand untill you have some more hit from other gear.

Arrivan
08-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd stick with Fury off hand and pick up the badge OH after you get the MH fist. The only reason I'd use the Fist of Molten Fury is if I had the main hand fist as well, and even then I'd stick with the badge fists over them both (or Dragonstrike/Badge OH in my case).

As for your gear, try to replace the PVP gear as you progress through PVE. Your S3 helmet will last for a good while as should the gear you're wearing now, but it does mean your AP will be a little bit lower than it otherwise would be because PVP gear is a little bit light on strength. You're also going to need two blue gems to activate the RED once you get it too. Strength/stamina or crit/stamina gems are the best way to achieve this.

Malkieri
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
On the subject of PvE gear vs PvP do you think i should swap out my s4 gloves with t4 or my s2 shoulders with t4 for hit rating? i find the crit from the pvp stuff worth losing the atk pwr as it's a big difference. what are your thoughts?

Arrivan
08-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I didn't mean to say lose the PVP gear immediately, I would consider both S2 shoulders and S4 gloves to be better than T4 considering you're at the hit soft cap. What I meant was that as you progress in PVE you should pick up drops to replace the PVP stuff, but only if it is actually better (like Blood-stained Pauldrons from Rage in Hyjal, Grips of Silent Justice from Shade of Akama in BT to give some early T6 level examples).

Tatt
08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
The only gloves I would replace S4 with with would be Martial perfection if you feel like your AP is low, or Silent justice if BT is nice to you. The only shoulders I would say are an upgrade for S2 is T5 (GOGO VR) or the BOE shoulders off doom lord kazzak, or wardance if you do not need the hit.

chops
08-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Blood-stained Pauldrons from Rage in Hyjal, Grips of Silent Justice from Shade of Akama in BT to give some early T6 level examples).

If you're getting Hyjal Fist weapons, those two listed above are the best items for their respective slots.

In fact Grips of Silent Justice are probably better on a single item comparison Vs Onslaught Gauntlets (not counting set bonuses) & you'll only replace Blood-stained Pauldrons with Onslaught Shoulderblades

Gauntlets of Martial Perfection are good pair of mitts, & the only PvP gloves that come close to it are Brutal Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets as Tattman mentioned

Kazeyonoma
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Moved to Armory Suggestions.