PDA

View Full Version : 8820 Cookie-Cutter Fury

ebs2002
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0czrVZVx0VxMRVuotst)

Discuss

Kazeyonoma
08-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Maybe move 1 point from heroic leap into 3/3 intensifying rage. Other than that it looks great. I was drawing up the same kinda build. If there is a huge aoe group though, leaping into them can be some sick damage. It doesn't say there is any limit to the numbers you hit with leap. It's just within 5 yards, so a clumped group can seriously get hit hard.

ebs2002
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah. One of the things I love about being a fury warrior is the amount of DPS I put out on trash. I'm not as well geared as some other guild members, but I top the DPS charts on most trash pulls, assuming there's not a sheep around. Sweeping Strikes, Cleave, Whirlwind, and now Heroic Leap as an opener (and possibly worth using in rotation if it's possible to do without losing other damage).

And with Titan's Grip increasing whirlwind damage by a ton, it's even better.

51-pt Fury warriors are close to being an AE class now.

Kazeyonoma
08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
I can see during CD's running out really quick to do a Leap in the middle of trash being a good dps increase.

ebs2002
08-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Especially now that we're using 2-handers, just time it during a CD and right after a white attack. It's like 2-3secs before your next swing anyway =p

byechee
08-22-2008, 10:12 AM
3/3 deep wounds > anger management
no real point in getting unending fury. rage gen will be basically insane when dual wielding 2h's w/ no speed penalty, especially in a raid. enraged assault can also only be used when enraged, and in a raid that will only happen when you use deathwish, which at best with 3/3 intensify rage will happen every 2 minutes, and then still only 30% chance to refresh BT's cd.
the extra 5 points can then be spent in imp execute, maxing out intensify rage, getting piercing howl for some utility, or whatever. but looking at it again there really isn't too much else that would be a pressing necessity to get.

edit: because i'm a dumbass and thought u could get TM while having a 20/51 build!

byechee
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah. One of the things I love about being a fury warrior is the amount of DPS I put out on trash. I'm not as well geared as some other guild members, but I top the DPS charts on most trash pulls, assuming there's not a sheep around. Sweeping Strikes, Cleave, Whirlwind, and now Heroic Leap as an opener (and possibly worth using in rotation if it's possible to do without losing other damage).

And with Titan's Grip increasing whirlwind damage by a ton, it's even better.

51-pt Fury warriors are close to being an AE class now.

too bad blizzard can't make up their mind about what tree to keep SS/DW in.

Kazeyonoma
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I'd still think 30% chance to refresh BT will be huge though, Prot warriors are spec'ing 5/5 Sword and Board to get a 10% chance to refresh Shield Slam.

I guess that's 2 attacks refreshing 1 skill
and this is 1 attack refreshing 1 skill. I dunno, I'd still like to try Unending fury.

And you can't take out all 5 points in unending fury to grab tm. You need to spend all of them in Fury to get down to Titan Grip. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with 2 more points in fury =(.

maybe something like this?
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0c0fVZVx0VgcRiuotsz)

I know imp zerker rage is kinda weird but hey it's free rage on tap right? :X

byechee
08-22-2008, 10:39 AM
30% chance yes, but you can only used enraged assault when you're enraged, which either happens when you get crit (not likely with good results in a raid) or if you have deathwish up, and even then only at the end of DW because it removes the enrage effect after you use the attack. It's simply not very good.

depending on the fight, the healing reduction from furious attacks might be useful, or piercing howl if it's an aoe fight (which i'm sure there will be plenty of in wotlk), and if that's the case, then imp cleave wouldn't be too terrible either.

ebs2002
08-22-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm not convinced that we'll be "swimming in rage". We're still dual wielding two-handers, which means that misses will hurt. While we're not refreshing rampage, we will be using slam on BT crits, which has a rage cost associated with it. We'll be using Bloodbath.

And Bloodrage is also an enrage effect. I would imagine that Berserker Rage is too, but it remains to be seen. So enraged assault will be used more than once every two minutes.

Kazeyonoma
08-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Yeh, I was debating over Imp Cleave. 2 points wouldn't be terrible =T

byechee
08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
bloodrage is an enrage effect? did not know that... too busy playing my dk to keep up with warrior changes i guess!

if that's the case then yeah, it gets a lot better.

Ilya M
08-22-2008, 10:56 AM
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/august/cotstrath_14.jpg

maybe dual wielding items like this will alleviate the missing? though i must say the item looks a bit small to be a 2hander...

Legionodeath
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
You can keep the sword, Ill take the model. :-)

One thing I saw in the posted specs is points into Imp TClap. Why would a Fury warrior put points in there? Seems like a total waste. I know I dont ever break stance to do TClap. Yeah the Iron Will is worse than the old, IMO, but I feel its a much better investment than a skill that cant be used in our main stance.

-LoD

Ilya M
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
its a raid support PVE spec, if there is no tanking warrior in the raid, imp T/c might be useful, notice the spec also has 5/5 imp demo

ebs2002
08-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Raid support, yes.

Also, because as a fury warrior I'm often asked to off-tank on some trash pulls, or fights like FLK and Alar that require more tanks than the rest of the instance does.

Of course, you can swap imp demo for unbridled wrath, deflection/imp-tc for any other tier1/2 talents, etc.

Tatt
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
OK, now who is going to start really talking about fury for arena? With high enough hit rating, haven't fury warriors just gotten twice the burst potential of arms warriors, with 66% of the MS ability? Plus heroic leap as an extra aoe stun?

Schleppy
08-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I dont think fury will be better then arms for pvp until you pretty much cap out the hit rating you need for dual wielding to not miss with white damage against equal level targets.

Fury looks so good right now but if you carry around a 20% miss rate with white damage while dual-wielding you will miss out on a signifigant amount of rage, and altering your gear to approach that hit rating usually has some big effects on your ap/crit/ArP.

I think people are underestimating what blizz is doing to arms and opening up the use of overpower against more then just hunters/rogues/feral druids/warriors giving arm's warriors a reason to be in battle stance more and just using beserker to pummel/WW/intercept instead of having it be the default stance 90% of the time in pvp.

We shall see as the beta goes forward.

Ahx
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
The spec I had in mind was very similar, as it was suggested earlier - moving one point from heroic leap to intensify rage would be a better idea imo.

TL;DR version: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=LN0czrVZVx0VxcRVuoxst)
>.>

shiz98
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I dont think fury will be better then arms for pvp until you pretty much cap out the hit rating you need for dual wielding to not miss with white damage against equal level targets.
I don't know, actually. They've got some interesting things happening. For one, Enraged Assault is going to be a big move for Fury warriors due to the amount of enrages they can push out. Whirlwind is also a very hard hitting attack. Really, I don't see burst being a problem.

Fury warriors are going to be less vulnerable to CC, and will have more self-healing. Heroic Leap is a very nice PvP ability that should offset the higher-CD intercept.

I think blizzard really did a good job at making Fury a PvP viable spec.

Kazeyonoma
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
and Enraged Assault and WW take advantage of BOTH weapons which means it should be hitting HARDER than equivalently geared Arms warriors. This looks promising, I'll stick to arms for now though and see how it goes.

Glory of Arioch
08-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Imp TC should no longer be required as a raiding talent for DPS warriors; tanking paladins and druids both have talents which apply a 20% attack speed slow on their target. Do DKs get one too?

That being said, if you ever decide to do any offtanking as a DPS warrior (and Blizzard seems to think that you should be doing it once in a while,) imp tclap would be a good investment.

Arrivan
08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Imp TC should no longer be required as a raiding talent for DPS warriors; tanking paladins and druids both have talents which apply a 20% attack speed slow on their target. Do DKs get one too?

That being said, if you ever decide to do any offtanking as a DPS warrior (and Blizzard seems to think that you should be doing it once in a while,) imp tclap would be a good investment.

That's the reason the current cookie cutter includes Imp. TC now. Most fury warriors do OT stuff from time to time so we take Imp. TC. I'm thinking in Wrath it'll come down to who else you have in the group that can apply the same effect as to whether or not you take Imp. TC; but remember Fury (and Arms) are getting significant tanking buffs too so you may want to keep it handy.

Meeks
08-23-2008, 05:06 PM

It is picked every time because there are not better way to spend the points. First two tiers of arms are not about raising your dps. It is really not a hard choice to give up Iron Will or Improved charge to become a better off tank.