PDA

View Full Version : Taunt Issues with Kalecgos

Effinaymon
08-21-2008, 10:31 PM
My guild has been working on Kalecgos, and we've been having issues with taunts getting resisted. I've rotated through taunt, challenging, mocking, and another taunt and had each resisted. We've also had problems with a successful taunt and after a second or two Kalec will turn and chase the previous tank.

Any suggestions on what is causing this or how to fix it? I'm wearing 108 hit rating or 6.86% hit and dont see how we are having so many taunt issues.

Sanelora
08-21-2008, 11:43 PM
its all luck. apparently the taunt "hit-cap" (where taunts wont be resisted) is much higher than melee hit cap. as long as you taunt, get a resist, use challenging shout then taunt again and get another resist you are doing things to the best of your ability. It is a random factor, similar to taunt resists on 4-horsemen

Nickolaas
08-22-2008, 03:02 AM
I found myself having to make a hitset for kalec.
I HAVE to be at the melee hitcap in order to taunt successful every time.
I've tried it with 140 hit and my first taunt resisted so..

Plus, all the extra hit is a nice threatboost for when you're tanking the demon.
Kalec seems to be one of those braindead dsp :p

Btw, if you get a taunt resisted when you're at the meleecap I'm pretty sure you fall into the 1% resist chance for all spells.
My guild has been downing kalec for ages now and 1% tauntresist sounds about right when I wear my kalecgear.

Effinaymon
08-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Well, the silly part is that I DO rotate taunt, challenging, mocking blow, and I've had all of them resisted consecutively which is quite perplexing. I'm still not sure about Kalec switching targets to the previous tank even AFTER a successful taunt either.

Cryof
08-25-2008, 06:31 AM
Its because he switches auras and if you use DBM and someone has the whisper portion on you should get a whisper saying to which aura is on. It can be like +Threat auras +crit Auras and the one that is probably effecting you is the -hit aura and trying to taunt while that aura is up if im not mistaken. Because when ive tanked that fight ive had kinda the same problems where Id have to taunt/aoe taunt/mocking blow/ and then taunt before Id finnaly get aggro.

Nickolaas
09-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Thats simpy because challenging shout is not a taunt, it just forces the mob to focus on you for the next 6 second.
After that he uses his aggrotable again which means he's probably going for the previous tank again.
I havent tested this yet but I'm pretty sure mocking blow works the same way.

So if a taunt resists only use challenging shout when the next taunt is going off cooldown within the next 5 seconds.
And even then! dont do it if you're not hitcapped!
It's your responsibility as a tank to put together a decend tankingset for each boss.
I tested this thoroughly and even with 139 hitrating I still got loads of resists.
So if you're not hitcapped a tauntresist after your challenging shout is likely and that really messes things up.

This fight is all about the hitcap, no tauntrotation is going to help and in most cases it can cause serious problems.
Locks going splat after riding your 130% and going into melee range and healers getting tailswiped = bad!

Kamani
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Weird. Haven't came across any sort of taunting problems on Kalecgos at all. We've used five different tanks over the pass few weeks and haven't came across this once.

/shrug

Everclear
09-02-2008, 06:42 PM
All tonight I've been having consecutive taunts resisted on Sathrovarr, and it's pretty difficult getting initial aggro on him. Any tips or tricks?

Edit: Druid tank. Forgot to mention.

Honelorr
09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
I've never been able to hit cap for Kalecgos without affecting my survivability (less of an issue now, but was more on our first few kills), and it can sometimes mess things up, but since so much on this fight is affected by chance anyway, think you have to grin and bear it. Just ensure you taunt as early as possible to give you more room to wait for the cd if it's resisted, and spec Imp Taunt if it's a really serious issue.

Lollo
09-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Thats simpy because challenging shout is not a taunt, it just forces the mob to focus on you for the next 6 second.
After that he uses his aggrotable again which means he's probably going for the previous tank again.
I havent tested this yet but I'm pretty sure mocking blow works the same way.

Confirm that mocking blow - unlike taunt - does NOT put you on top of the aggro table.

You just use it to bridge the time until you taunt is ready again.

I never had such a bad string of resists - although it can be frustrating with the dragon some times.

Worldie
09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I personally had 4 resists in a row last time, luckily it was on Sarthrovarr.

Well, Kalecgos tanked it :P

Kossaks
09-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Weird. Haven't came across any sort of taunting problems on Kalecgos at all. We've used five different tanks over the pass few weeks and haven't came across this once.

/shrug

I had a taunt resist and a mocking blow parry 2 weeks ago kamani

but i sit at 131 hit for the taunt to resist /cry

Navlelo
09-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I always find myself to only get resists on sathrovarr, never on the dragon.. I run with 138 hit and usually buff 20hit food to get past hit cap and some more ;) works like a charm...