PDA

View Full Version : at the bottom =(

agill15806
08-21-2008, 02:13 AM
So I recently joined a new guild they are working on felmyst. in my other guild I was the MT so I got some decent dps gear

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Ignacio)

I asked the gm what spec i should go as dps since they already have established tanks, he told me do what you think would benefit the raid the most, so i went pve arms. today on brutallus every attempt I came in dead last only able to output ~1.3k dps. as fury I can do ~1700-1800. after about 7 attempts we downed him but I was 14th overall on damage done

is this low? do i need to put up the dps?

with my gear is it possible to output 1700+ with my gear / spec? I dont like being at the bottom hehe, I understand I come as a support class, but the gm kind of stressed everyone needs to output ~2k dps and ive got a long ways to go

Sanelora
08-21-2008, 02:43 AM
arms warriors cap out at like 2100-2200 dps from what i understand. that is in the best possible scenario with the best possible gear.

your spec is fine (i would argue that 5/5 imp demo for CoR is my preference - hey, why not make yourself a double utility where it fits in with you)

make sure you keep a tight rotation and dont clip your auto-attacks so much. try getting a little more crit, dont solely gem for strength as arms. crit is your friend!

the rotation:
auto-attack -> slam -> MS -> auto-attack -> slam -> WW -> auto-attack -> slam -> MS -> auto-attack -> slam -> shout/other instant on the GCD

Meeks
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
I hope that is your pvp gear on right now because if not you need a lot more hit rating. 142 to be exact. Until you reach the cap hit is by far your most efficient stat. If you are under the I cap I would temorarily gem for it until you can get it from your gear.

Are you getting in the dps group? Do you have windfury?

suesse_llane
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I don't think it's that bad if you're just learning the rotation, and Brutallus is a decent place to learn a rotation since you don't have to worry about much else. Without knowing group compositions, number of heroisms, and debuffs like CoR/FF/ImpPallyCritThingy/SurvivalHunterThingy/etc it's hard to tell if you actually did poorly or not.

Brutallus is however a high armor boss (I think), so there's no way you're going to do 2k dps on your first attempt.