PDA

View Full Version : So I have two Warriors...

kolben
08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
First of all, I am wondering if I am crazy for having two warriors of the same race, on the same server in the same guild. The 2nd was an alt I started up to play with a druid friend who re-rolled a belf priest... it made sense at level 1 :P

My main is one of the main tanks for the guild and is committed to being prot M-F. On weekends when I do spec Arms/Fury for some PvP and arena I say Sorry I'm MS spec till Monday enough to warrant a macro. And it kind of sucks to have to tell people no when I know they need the runs.

My main (The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&n=Kolben)) is exalted everywhere and has access to the best enchants and gems for our progression level. I have 3/5 S2 on him, Stormherald, and about 300 resilience. The rest is plate DPS gear from SSC/TK/ZA. I pvp very infrequently and have not been able to gear him up with murderin' pieces.

My alt is 68 (The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&n=Kolbenito)) has 3/5 S2 in my bags, 100 WSG, 100 AB and 100 EoS marks saved, and has better rep for a possible shot at a Conqueror title grind. He has low instance rep, no heroic badges and needs a trainload of honor.

So to get down to it. Do I shelve the alt who I rarely play and keep spec'ing PVP on weekends? Or does it make sense in some way to have a pure PVP character at 70 even if it's the same class?

Kazeyonoma
08-20-2008, 01:47 PM
It'll save you effort if you want to use the other guy. Lacking PvE stuff will hurt when starting off but it by no means completely hinders you from being able to play with him.

Kazaganthi has 2 tauren warriors in the same guild and one is fury one is arms. So it's not unheard of =]

Ukyo
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
And probably it'll save you 100g a week :P

Schleppy
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I would make the alt some JC pieces (necklace and rings and trinkets) SSO rep is childs play to get, and you can buy epic gems with your prot warrior and make nice trinkets for your pvp warrior and get a decent necklace (go aldor with that guy). Fill out your set with the blue pvp pieces, then go to town filling in the off-pieces then upgrade the set pieces to S2. A big part of this is how well your battlegroup does in bg's. In my battlegroup, AB/WSG/EoTS marks aren't hard to get, but AV marks are 1 at a time and about 126 honor for 15 minutes unless someone runs AV premades on weekends. Maybe your battlegroup is better, but AV marks are needed the most, and for me are the hardest to get.

I am leveling up a mage that is in his mid 50's, and to be honest I am consdiering transferring him to another server that has a better BG performance for horde so it isn't as painful to get him gear once he hits 70, then 3 months later transfer him back. It's worth the extra 50 bucks to not have to suffer with a 10% winning percentage in AV outside of premades. So I will have to say how your battlegroups performs in the battlegrounds would be my personal determining factor.