PDA

View Full Version : Just something about stats

kazis
08-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi, i'm a fury warrior in a little trouble, i can't choose what i should improve.

My stats are:

AP:1965
Hit: 106
Crit %: 28.07
armor pen: 161 ( sucky i know )
0 expertise ( the shard is on my list of items i want )

this is unbuffed

I'm just not sure what i should try to improve. Crit or attack power? Maybe i should get more armor pen, but my guild is starting TK/SSC so it's not easy to get more armor pen atm.

I could drop a 8 str gem for 8 crit rating, in my belt and get socket bouns ( 3 crit rating ). Or maybe drop both 4 str/4 crit gems in my feet and get pure crit there.

armory:The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&n=Kazis)

Meeks
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Your ap and crit are in a pretty good ration right now. If you can swap an even number of str for crit and pick up a dps related socket bonus I would do that every time.

That being said your hit is going to be your biggest concern as fury, and this is coming from someone who is known for speaking against hit. I would not start geming it but if I were you I would be on the lookout for items that have hit included in them.

ZymanHWL
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Ya hit is always a good stat to have. While it shouldn't be the most important stat, i have always felt it is up there in importance...i usually ride around 200 hit when i raid fury. Mind you i'm Hyjal/Late BT, Since white hits are your primary source of damage, you shouldn't gimp your other stats for it. Not to discredit what you say meeks, while hitting the hard cap is pretty worthless getting 250~hit isn't a bad thing either. there are some very nice dps pieces in t6 content with hit and other stats on it that you can easily hit this with.

Kazeyonoma
08-21-2008, 04:50 PM
DPS upgrade pieces that has HIT on it, is an upgrade regardless.

But trying to strive for 200 hit is not accurate. And I wouldn't say most of your damage is white hits. in an ideal rage situation you should be replacing your white hits with Heroic Strikes anyways. So how can it be most of your damage?

But go with what Meeks is saying.

kazis
08-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the help. It has been very useful :)

chops
08-26-2008, 02:07 AM
I would not start geming it but if I were you I would be on the lookout for items that have hit included in them.

Dun forget, Leather pieces are fair game esp when u're looking for +hit gear.

That being said, Heroic MgT is your friend, dunno how diff it is to get a run for that for your but, Shard of Contempt is practically a "must have" & Netherforce Chestplate (a more balanced piece & drops in a Heroic 5-man) > Bloodstained Elven Battlevest.

I don't how you are about PvP/Arena, but personally, I believe Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Legguards are a pair of pants that should last you a decent amount of time possibly into T6 content.

Get the Vindicator's Plate Greaves or cross your fingers for the one's off Nightbane or if u don't mind spending badges on em Nyn'jah's Tabi Boots are a good deal too.

Ring of a Thousand Marks would be a nice ring or you could spend the badges on Angelista's Revenge.

Key point about ArP is when you dun have much, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but once u start getting about >350-400 ArP passive does it really start to count IMO. Up until that point, you'll end up "sacrificing" itemization points in pieces of gear in place of needed Str, Crit/Agi, +Hit(if u're lacking)

Tatt
08-26-2008, 07:50 AM
If you are just starting T5, lurker drops bracers of eradication which have some nice hit rating, and are some of the best fury bracers in teh game, at least until hyjal.

Brucimus
08-26-2008, 08:43 AM
Pieces I recommend that are relatively easy to get

From Gruuls Gauntlets of Martial Perfection I put two +10 Strength Gems in mine and that is a staggering 71 Str with the 15 Strength Enchant on them...just tell any Ret pallys along that they want S3 Gloves

All Fury Warriors should have Red Belt of Battle Just go collect the mats and spam in trade for someone to make them for you

With your Badges i recommend buy Angelista's Revenge and Dory's Embrace Solid Stats and nice ArmPen

Legs you should have S3/S4 ...There really isnt anything close that are easy to get

Lurker Bracers Bracers of Eradication are hard to beat because they take care of some hit that you may want

edit i forgot....Guardian's Pendant of Triumph is a no brainer...You literally could have it after a weekend of BG farming and it's best in slot unless your in Sunwell

Tatt
08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Disregard anything Brucimus says, he has made allegations to his fruitiness lately.....:p