PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions on how to up my DPS?

Huor
08-15-2008, 04:54 PM
heres my armory profile any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Huor)

Tatt
08-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Umm....your gear rocks :) Only things I can see is you are over the hit cap, you could swap a hit gem for a strength or crit one. Also not sure why you went for the shoulder socket bonus, you would probably get more out of putting just a 10 strength gem there and ignoring the bonus. Otherwise I would say start building up more armor penetration, most of the arms warriors in SWP I know have over 1000 ArP, so maybe that will help. Maybe S3/S4 chest till Onslaught drops?

Huor
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
yea the hit is basically a stop gap for when the leg plates from Bloodboil drop and i lose 14 hit ( really need to find better source of hit if i want to trade my chest piece out for the sunwell crafted one when i get access to it). as far as armor pen goes yea i see your point. what kind of dps do you think i would be shelling out just by looking at my gear?

Tatt
08-15-2008, 05:28 PM
My best guess would be 1600-1800 raid buffed??? Probably push over 2k blowing your cooldowns.

Huor
08-15-2008, 05:37 PM
heres a WWS from a night when i had windfury/ shammy buffs

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/b45ncjeesq4rc)

and from a night w/o
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/hhvnlnzjvr2w1)

and heres one from a night on illiden ( not the best fight to check i know)
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/tlnso1af1k4pq)

Tatt
08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
I would try to speak to meeks or crimsonstorm or someone else here with mroe experience as arms. Those numbers look quite low to me, but I raid fury not arms so I do not want to give you bad advice.

Mambak
08-16-2008, 09:42 AM
One huge thing i noticed was that you had very little whirlwinds, The MS/Slam Rotation is MS-White-Slam-WW-White, Also if you aren't using a Swing timer like quartz id recommend you do so. Also, your crit is extremely high, you might do better getting a few Strength gems instead. Id shoot for maybe 35% crit self buffed. You could try a spreadsheet, i know there are a few good ones on elitist jerks, i prefer grim 13's. Lastly you might do better with a sword, Cataclysm's edge Preferably, but thats also dependent on it dropping.

Tatt
08-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Mambak - Do you really think a 1 in 20 chance of 1 extra swing outweighs 5% crit?

Mambak
08-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Yes, Sword spec coupled is the best MS/Slam Raid spec, the extra attack is another attack that could crit and extra rage, MS/Slam warriors are rage starved as it is.

Also he is human, so Swords are definetly the way to go, again thats assuming Cat's edge drops.

Huor
08-16-2008, 10:45 AM
depends on the wws you looked at i guess ( in one i don't have windfury so im rage starved as shit and can't WW as much)i usually prioritize MS over WW and if i have enough rage to ww but not MS it usually means i shouldn;t WW so i can precast slam so it hits. i agree 100% with the sword spec comment im after cattys ofc and assuming it drops the crit issue becomes less of an issue since i lose 5% crit which drops me down to 33% just about in bezerker stance which is pretty much where i want to be. many of the problems i feel im having stem from soul clever i think. its slower than all hell going from S2 arena sword to that thing while the stats and dmg are better has been a nightmare.

Mambak
08-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Well in both you seem to lack WW's, i've never talked to an axe spec pve arms warrior, but i know as sword its basically w/o wf you're useless, but w/ WF you do great dps.

Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/b45ncjeesq4rc?s=181715-193972&a=x3292e6)

Was the main fight i looked at as it is mostly tank and spank, You had less WW than execute. I'm not 100% if Execute is even better than just keeping your rotation. The WWS says you got shadow of death, but i'm assuming it was at the end, so that should affect your dps any. The only suggest i have in terms of rotation is just keeping the standard MS/White/Slam/WW/White/Slam, With your current gear i don't see why you would have any issue keeping up enough rage.

Huor
08-16-2008, 10:59 AM
mmm my rotation is usually when i first engage white hit >MS>white hit> slam>WW> white hit>slam> (some shout)>white hit. the first skipped slam is so my swing timer engages and i can time slam effectively.

Huor
08-16-2008, 11:05 AM
as far as ax spec versus sword spec as ax spec esp with this slow as shit ax if you have a crit drought your fucked and swing so very very slow and have little rage. when i was sword spec with even a 3.6 speed wep it wasn't that bad the sword procs kept me afloat even when i didn't have wind fury ( it was worse but not straight terrible)

Mambak
08-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Just glancing at the log for that fight, it seems you Didn't MS or WW at times, Seems like you have your slams timed well, it just seems to be weaving MS/WW into the timer that is the trouble, It could be Resisted Demo shout or just missing the CD.

Huor
08-16-2008, 01:49 PM
yea resisted demo shouts have been a problem lately come to think of it