PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wielding Dragonstrikes

Threatmagnet
08-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I leveled blacksmithing up to 375 the other day in anticipation of the expansion. I couldn't find a lot of information on how good dual wielding these weapons were (I was bored). After making them, I can tell anyone who wonders whether the badge fists are better that they are indeed not as good as using two of the crafted maces.

Call me crazy. I don't have math to back me up. But I'm addicted to webstats, and I have used the fists since the patch that gave them. After using dragonstrikes I noticed a 200-500 dps increase. The funny thing is, although the procs don't stack anymore, the proc stays up CONSTANTLY. It's almost like the shard of contempt proc rate -in use, not theory/math based. Anyway, I was actually so broke, I couldn't afford my usual haste potions and flasks. So with only windfury in our group (like always) and no potions or flasks other than strength food, I surpassed the badge fists by 200-500 dps. Also, we have no arms warriors.

Just to throw that out there if anyone was wondering.

Effectively, you're looking at somewhat of a permanent 212 haste buff. That gives a ton more rage, which contributes to more heroic strikes and harder strikes based on weapon speed.

Tatt
08-15-2008, 08:09 AM
I guess it would be group and gear dependant, but I have seen 5 different theorycrafters prove that the badge fists outdamage dual dragonstrikes. If they are working for you though, awesome! I personally love my fists, and went armorsmith for the bulwark instead. The math always comes back to haste not overcoming a lower inherent damage plus all the stat itemization put into the haste proc instead of AP/crit/hit.

Threatmagnet
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
No offense, but theorycrafting has its weaknesses. But unbuffed, in a group with nothing but a windfury totem and some strength food.....I can't wait 'til I get to use lots of haste pots and flasks : )

P.s. It's my understanding that haste benefits increase with the amount that you get. This would be quite true for the badge fists if you were already in a sunwell raiding guild with well itemized haste gear available. Therefore, I would extrapolate further by saying that at t5 level content, the maces might actually serve you better based on its proc (seems nearly constant).

Threatmagnet
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
P.p.s. I can't wait 'til shields get craftable!