PDA

View Full Version : Gear for gorefiend

Foolishness
08-13-2008, 08:34 PM
So i read this guy hits like a mack truck...

Having tanked him about 15 times now, he hasnt even come close to killing me.

In fact i can't even remember seeing my heath drop below 50% more than a couple of times. I have more close calls on supremus or na'jentus than this guy.

On the other hand, i have to work like a mofo to keep the DPS off my back. Is this really a 'big hitter' who i should be wearing my turtle suit for? I will be subbing out some stam/ avoidance for some extra expertise next time for the encounter.

How do other people gear for this?

Delicatesse
08-14-2008, 06:55 AM
He hits hard, but today's badge gear is more than enough to be safe against him. Also there is fairly low raid damage, healers will be spamming the MT most of the time. My experiences are similar to yours. I felt pretty safe in a mixed survival and aggro set. Also, keeping aggro off of 2K dps destro locks was hard with the 5 FPS I have there :(

Inaara
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I tank this in my T5 + Threat gear so I take a lil more damage. I'm hit capped with 51 expertise thanks to being a human with Dragonscale-encrusted Longblade. The trade off for the extra damage is of course the DPS never coming close to me in threat.

Satrina
08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
For Teron I cap my hit, wear all my expertise, about 22k health, and as little avoidance as I possibly can (around 45% dodge/miss/parry) Even at that, I get dodge/parry/miss/miss/dodge streaks.

Armstrong
08-14-2008, 11:24 AM
For Teron I cap my hit, wear all my expertise, about 22k health, and as little avoidance as I possibly can (around 45% dodge/miss/parry) Even at that, I get dodge/parry/miss/miss/dodge streaks.

Same experience here. Other than the occasional Shadow of Death victim, all healers have to do is stand there and spam heals, so taking an occasional large damage spike is fine since it should get healed back up immediately.